• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

FAQ: Why Are My Messages Being Marked As Spam?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:33 PM
-->
With the migration of the forum platform to XenForo over the old and defunct VBulletin, there's an in-built spam filter that will often flag messages from new users as spam. Unfortunately we get quite a few spam-bots wanting to spam advertisements which often contain links to weird parts of the internet.

If you're getting this message, be aware that it will stop after a certain number of posts (I believe it's 20). Alternatively, post in this thread and we can change your user group to one that won't get marked as spam.

Emmanuele

I. G.
Local time
Today 1:33 PM
-->
Please change my user group to one that won't get marked as spam.

Curlijessi

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:33 AM
-->
I swear I'm a real person! I'm not a robot! I can prove it to you. I can pick out different pictures of stop signs and read random letters drawn poorly.

Curlijessi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I am still being marked as spam. Can someone fix that? Its very annoying

machine1000

bow mortals
Local time
-->
when i try to post im getting spam message as well. please help. thanks

daddychaos

Local time
Today 5:03 PM
-->
Hi im new here. I'm getting error messages stating my post is spam. Albeit that it was quite a lengthy reply. it did let me post once i posted a much shorter reply. If you can take me out of the spam filter that'd be great.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 12:33 PM
-->
Hi im new here. I'm getting error messages stating my post is spam. Albeit that it was quite a lengthy reply. it did let me post once i posted a much shorter reply. If you can take me out of the spam filter that'd be great.

It's a systemic issue likely provided by the forum template being provided by cloud services, the code can't be edited by admins unfortunately.

daddychaos

Local time
Today 5:03 PM
-->

It's a systemic issue likely provided by the forum template being provided by cloud services, the code can't be edited by admins unfortunately.

Fair enough ☺️

Inexorable Username

Local time
-->
I think I’ve been canned and shipped off to Hawaii. Can you tell them I’m not spam?

Inexorable Username

Local time
-->

At least now I know I’m not being judged for being overly wordy! I kept rewriting my messages too. I’m still at a loss as to what makes me a robot, although I have been told I sound like an audiobook when I speak. Maybe we need mor typoz (<— test)

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 2:33 PM
-->
Its cuz yer newbies. sips ES

Deleted member 1424

Put you in the noble users category, which should fix it.

Pm me if issue persists

qtty

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hi,
i'm still recognized as a spammer, can one of the staff change my user group?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:33 PM
-->

darque

Local time
Today 7:33 PM
-->
Hi Red, I have hit this similar spam issue. Can you please change my group so I can join in the fun. Cheers

darque

Local time
Today 7:33 PM
-->
Cheers for the speedy response Adaire.

gilliatt

Local time
Today 6:33 AM
-->
I am an extreme advocate of 'Free Speech'. Say anything you want to, anything!

tiswhatever

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm having the same issue as well. Except I haven't even been able to post once

karlsta

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm not spam.
Change my mind.
Or please let me post.
Pretty please.

Top Bottom