• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

First time posting, go easy on me.

Washington

Wishy Washy in the Tubby Wubby
Local time
Today, 20:04
Alright, well. This is my first time posting here, though I have studied on MBTI and Jungian functions quite a bit. I'm an INTP so hard it hurts. I've spent countless hours lurking on the forum and I made this account a while back, so I suppose that now would be an appropriate time to actually post something. Though I am not quite too sure what to post, I don't often write introductions, nor do I know if it's a common thing here to do so, I haven't looked into intros. Though I suppose now could be a grand time to become acquainted, if anyone would wish. Just another INTP joining the crew, I guess.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:04
I think the Introit forum is the place for introductions. I am sure a mod will move it. Eventually.

Anyway welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find your way around ;).

Washington

Local time
Thanks for reminding me. The thing is, I was going to post another thread, but when typing it out I realized that it may be awkward jumping out with a new topic all of a sudden.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:04
Meh, I never made an Intro thread. Edit your first post and add the new thread into it. Two birds, one stone.

Local time
Welcome. What's it like in Washingtonland?

And depressed & a speaker... How do these coexist?

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
Today, 22:04
"Welcome to orange answer phone. The person you have called is not available. Please leave a message after the tone: Beeeepp........."

Have a lovely stay.

Washington

Local time
Welcome. What's it like in Washingtonland?

And depressed & a speaker... How do these coexist?

Honestly, I'm not too sure. My speech and debate coach encourages me to take up different opportunities. Often I accept, and I do pretty well most of the time, but the expectations I have of myself seem to crumble. Each time I end up promising myself that I'll stop trying to succeed, because obviously I can't. But I keep trying, for some reason. I suppose I just have a false sense that I can do it. It's the fault of all those teachers that told me I can, I know it. Those bastards.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today, 15:04
Honestly, I'm not too sure. My speech and debate coach encourages me to take up different opportunities. Often I accept, and I do pretty well most of the time, but the expectations I have of myself seem to crumble. Each time I end up promising myself that I'll stop trying to succeed, because obviously I can't. But I keep trying, for some reason. I suppose I just have a false sense that I can do it. It's the fault of all those teachers that told me I can, I know it. Those bastards.
Oh you can. It's just a matter of how much time you're willing to sink into it.

-Duxwing

Washington

Local time
Oh you can. It's just a matter of how much time you're willing to sink into it.

-Duxwing
Yeah, but that's the problem. I don't really want to continue speaking, I'd much rather not be up in front of a huge room of people giving a speech that I'm not even happy with. In the long run, I'd rather be writing books and whatnot. And I've figured that the speech and debate experience can help me get into college. Implying I decide to actually attend college.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today, 12:04
Failing to attain success as other people define it is only painful if we pursue it.

PS: Welcome.

Top Bottom