• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Forgetting your age

chatvite

Mudrat Detector
Local time
Today 12:54 AM
-->
Does anyone else ever forget how old they are? I find myself having to think about it whenever anyone asks.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:54 PM
-->
Have you ever had a dream in which you meet an old friend of yours who you've known for many years, someone you remember doing stuff with over many years, only to awaken and realize that "old friend" doesn't actually exist, that those "many years" were only last night's dream.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
I was 18 for two years, I can't remember ever being 19 and I'd barely realised I was 20 by the time I was 21. I'm only a year behind at the moment.

Affinity

Local time
Yesterday 10:54 PM
-->
Guilty and I think it's because I never put great importance on my birthday. The only one I celebrated was my 21st but I have never really cared otherwise.

CLOfriendOSE

Local time
-->
I forgot my age yesterday! Or was it the day before?

Damn "time".

cghhmnrtt

Local time
-->
Have you ever had a dream in which you meet an old friend of yours who you've known for many years, someone you remember doing stuff with over many years, only to awaken and realize that "old friend" doesn't actually exist, that those "many years" were only last night's dream.

Odd - This happened to me two days ago... I woke up thinking, "Who was that?" I reviewed all middle-school-era acquaintances only to realize that the character was a figment of my imagination. I should have guessed that it was so from the get-go; after all, McDonald's does not serve shellfish.

Anyway, yes, I often have to think about my age. A period of about four to six months succeeding a birthday are spent answering the question with the wrong age. I suppose it would be expected of a person who is generally completely oblivious to the day, date, and sometimes even the year... An attempt was made by an instructor to make me feel like a moron for handing in papers dated '11 in April of this year. Piss on her.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 5:54 AM
-->
i usually forgot my age, but this year around i have a "crib" (if that's a word, i mean a formula to reconstruct):
global (r)evolution=2012=personal (r)evolution 1977+(5x7=35)=2012 (seven years are a psychological/developemental cycle, according to antrosophobolophfosophy)

i also know the month and day of my birthday, now i only would have to remember the current date. have to look that up. shit i have birthday today. kidding. it's a couple of days from now, though.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don't actually literally forget my age, but I often forget to act my age and often forget to take physical changes that come with age into account. So I get yelled at a lot and I get hurt a lot. :D

intpz

Banned
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
Hm, I don't. However I do the odd epiphany feeling sometimes, when asked - holy shit, I've wasted 20 years of my life already! Last time, a couple days ago, by a neighbor. Well, at least it kept me thinking about something through her bullshit for a couple seconds. I hate those people asking stupid questions and telling boring stories...

Obrens

Local time
Today 5:54 AM
-->
In Serbian you ask "How much years do you have?" when you want to know someone's age. So I just joke "Enough" which gives me time to recall my age. :D
I don't think I ever say the wrong age though. Either I remember my actual age immediately or I need to think, but I always say my right age.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:54 PM
-->
It all came to a grinding halt around 19......also my belief in Einstein's 4th dimension grows inversely proportional to my age....I'm hoping that I, by some subconscious conditioning through conscious re-iteration, will have programmed my DNA into jumping a few evolutionary steps and thereby resulting in some form of intrapersonal singularity...without the need artificial/technological enhancement. Thus I will remain 19 until the end of....er....time.

:storks:

Top Bottom