• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Free the fucking whales!

Do you like aquariums? Vote for splits sub!

• I do like the aquarium split sub!

• I favor it nuaght.

• I abstain, like kitten.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 11:12 PM
-->
https://www.intpforum.com/threads/s...-lists-ive-seen-in-a-while.27485/#post-591338
Ok, a suggestion for forum improvement.
Recently a thread has been split.

Now, I know mods have rule: Stay topical.
But why should viable split threads(meaning those that are interesting and engage old and new users, not those that are merely egoist or moralistic fuckfests ) lumped in "Crime and Punishment?

Create a subforum for interesting split threads! The only crime commited is people talking!

My proposal is mod friendly.
A new Subforum under Fun.
Call it "Splits" or whatever.

No! Perhaps we could choose to call it the "Aquarium". Yes.

Mod simply send splits to splits or crime, or lock them as usual.

I now include a public poll in this thread.

Thank you.
Aquariums are awesome.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:12 AM
-->
But why should viable split threads(meaning those that are interesting and engage old and new users, not those that are merely egoist or moralistic fuckfests ) lumped in "Crime and Punishment?
Earmarked for potential trolling I'm guessing.

Now, I know mods have rule: Stay topical.
I think it's more like "don't make work for us", weirdness is to be expected but the mods have better things to do than clean up after us, if you have a tangent you want to explore make the effort to start a new thread for it.

If you want to be weird for the sake of it don't do it in a serious thread, it's impolite.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 11:12 PM
-->
All viable reasons, yet I disagree with the pre-crime. When members of the forum choose to stray or make brevity of a thread, and break no other law than that, I do sincerely not believe that in that instant their collective exchange should be lumped in the bottom drawer.

At least put it one step above, below Fun.
There are many laws that should be upheld, but so harshly punishing posters for impolitness is absurd in this day and age.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:12 PM
-->
The whole split every thread thing just makes it look weird, and this forum's community isn't big enough so that it'd generally warrant that. You can basically let people have some fun if they can keep the flow to the discussion, I've rarely seen anything here get too out of hand especially for any old regular group of mods to handle. It doesn't speed up communication, and just clogs the flow by throwing another thread in there. I don't agree with Cog, and if there'd have to be an option to include it, there could be a thing where you have a minimum of at least 500 words or chars max to make sure you're a human and not a bot, to reduce trolling.

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
Today 10:12 PM
-->
yGByxo9.png

ok i'll go get my shitposting done on some YouTube vids

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 5:42 AM
-->
I always just put them in whatever subforum they best fit - I'm not sure if there's a policy for where they have to go.

I don't like this idea because it encourages people to derail. If you want to make fun threads, make them. Don't turn other people's threads into your fun threads. Don't act as if you're not allowed to do something when you are.

@aiyanah
You keep on pushing irrelevant anti-regulation sentiment. The issue is forum organisation, not whether fun is allowed, and not any particular person's unacceptable behaviour.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 5:12 AM
-->
I say the subtitle of that Splits forum be Random Coding, underscoring that we're all actually machines just talking with each other and that the argument coding went off and made the bad codes :)

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
Today 10:12 PM
-->
I always just put them in whatever subforum they best fit - I'm not sure if there's a policy for where they have to go.

I don't like this idea because it encourages people to derail. If you want to make fun threads, make them. Don't turn other people's threads into your fun threads. Don't act as if you're not allowed to do something when you are.

@aiyanah
You keep on pushing irrelevant anti-regulation sentiment. The issue is forum organisation, not whether fun is allowed, and not any particular person's unacceptable behaviour.
lol dude I am more concerned with securing conservation with the low forum population than arbitrary organisational standards.
not calling you the fun police yet

Top Bottom