• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Google Wave

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 6:45 AM
-->
Anyone want an invite? I've got 8 to give out at the moment, just PM your email address if you want one.

Kokoro

Local time
Today 2:45 AM
-->
Have you used it enough to possibly give a brief review of it? Usefulness, ease of use, presentation, possibilities etc...

Last edited:

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 12:45 AM
-->
I just saw the hour long video.. I've heard about it before, it seems very impressive if people actually get on using it... Anyway, another friend said she'd send me an invite today, so I'll be checking it out soonish I now have invites of my own if anyone wants one...

Perhaps we can make something interesting with this...

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
Could someone explain to me the advantages of Google Wave, and its purpose? I'm kind of lazy.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 6:45 AM
-->
Could someone explain to me the advantages of Google Wave, and its purpose? I'm kind of lazy.
It's supposedly going to attempt to replace email as a means of communication, but it would work better as a replacement for forums and instant messengers.
It has the benefit of being able to include widgety things to do stuff in posts but I haven't been able to find many useful ones yet.
It can also act as a kind of a hub, where you can access twitter and wikipeadia etc. in one place. But I haven't been able to get the things to do this to work yet.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
Today 1:45 AM
-->
Okay I am on!
I think I am at dablob73@googlewave.com. I only have one contact thus far so if others wish to, just "wave at me". I guess the initial goal would be to create a wave together and then experiment to see how we can pervert the system to our own dark purposes...?

John

sniktawekim

Local time
Today 2:45 AM
-->
It can also act as a kind of a hub, where you can access twitter and wikipeadia etc. in one place. But I haven't been able to get the things to do this to work yet.

this part reminds me of ubiquity for firefox.

spoirier

Local time
Today 7:45 AM
-->
I had defined a project years ago, starting with some similar concepts and planning to develop into even quite wider applications (up to a new global political order and money system), but I could not find developers to make it (except for a small prototype of some of the first functions). I do think it's possible to replace email this way and do much more, but I'm afraid that, as currently defined, Google Wave did not start in the right way and is going to a sort of dead end, or at least will have some troubles because of flaws in its concept. So I tried to inform the Wave team about my remarks and solutions but I never got an answer.

It looks like such new ideas are just a bit too unusual and hard to figure out for usual people to bother understanding them and then mention them, as long as they neither need to learn it to pass an exam, nor see it as Made in Google. So, Google managed to force many people to bother thinking about the unusual concept of Wave, just because they are called Google. My ideas had much in common and would go further but nobody cares. They rather join Wave because "it is real". They are so conformist... More details here.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
Is anyone actually using this stuff?

I know I haven't used it at all... nor do I know anyone who has...

spoirier

Local time
Today 7:45 AM
-->
I did try a few months ago, then I let it down. It has some interesting features, but as I explained on my page, there are still some troubles. The most obvious trouble for now was that it was slow and used a lot of cpu on the user side.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
Would one of you fine folks mind passing one of those invites along my way? You can use my junk email account chris3141592@rocketmail.com, which gets filled with spam daily anyway (hence why I would post it publicly on a forum). Post back if you send me one though, otherwise I probably won't notice it from the other 800 pieces of spam.

I like trying new stuff out, and the Google Wave site was stonewalling me.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Would one of you fine folks mind passing one of those invites along my way? You can use my junk email account chris3141592@rocketmail.com, which gets filled with spam daily anyway (hence why I would post it publicly on a forum). Post back if you send me one though, otherwise I probably won't notice it from the other 800 pieces of spam.

I like trying new stuff out, and the Google Wave site was stonewalling me.

It is done - You should get a couple of dozen invites of your own to establish your own group on googlewave. I found it slow to load and still very much a WIP...

Top Bottom