• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Greetings

The Observer

Redshirt
Local time
Today, 07:34
I am another lurker who finally joined the forum.
I joined because I seem to have a lack of rational people in my life to converse with.

About me:
I like gaming, people watching, writing, traveling and reading. I hate sexism, irrational people, and rules:). I am not that old, so pardon me if I say something naïve or ridiculous. :confused: I guess that is it.
(I hope I posted this in the right place.)

Last edited:

Elegia

Redshirt
Local time
Today, 16:34
Greetings and welcome, stranger!

I'm curious, what kind of stuff do you write?

Synthetix

og root beer
Local time
People watching eh? That would go hand in hand with your screen name.

I think most of us have a lack of rational people in our lives.

The Observer

Redshirt
Local time
Greetings and welcome, stranger!

I'm curious, what kind of stuff do you write?
Thanks for the hearty welcome!

I am currently attempting to write a Science fiction novel. I'm still in the basic preliminary stages, I have trouble actually getting up the motivation to write everything down.

There is also an older novel that I had to read for school that really annoyed me, and I wanted to write some kind of alternate ending to it. The main character was slightly reminiscent of an INTP, and in the end he dies after living a rotten boring life because he married a woman who didn't love him and he stayed and tended the family farm instead of going to sea and traveling the world.

Very depressing book.

Anyway, scifi is what I mainly gravitate towards writing.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today, 10:34
Welcome!

Thanks for the hearty welcome!

I am currently attempting to write a Science fiction novel. I'm still in the basic preliminary stages, I have trouble actually getting up the motivation to write everything down.
Good plan, really. All the work in writing is in the preparation. Make sure that your plot and themes are rock solid before starting to put ink to paper.

There is also an older novel that I had to read for school that really annoyed me, and I wanted to write some kind of alternate ending to it. The main character was slightly reminiscent of an INTP, and in the end he dies after living a rotten boring life because he married a woman who didn't love him and he stayed and tended the family farm instead of going to sea and traveling the world.

Very depressing book.
Depressing indeed. It's just like setting someone on fire to watch them burn. I write, too, but unlike the author of your beloathed book, I try to treat my characters with a degree of respect; e.g., not giving them lisps just to watch them stutter, not making their lives needlessly miserable, giving them adequate reasoning abilities, etc. I've never been able to identify with the whole "beauty of suffering" idea: it's unsettlingly reminiscent of sadomasochism.

-Duxwing

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today, 10:34
I know! It's rather disturbing!
I'm beginning to see all art as just one pain after another: poke the human and see what it does. Gruesome, truly gruesome. And yet I write nonetheless! :storks:

-Duxwing

Top Bottom