• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Har Har I am bored.

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
Today 2:52 PM
-->
So, I am sitting at the front desk of a restaurant on my girlfriends laptop while she runs the cash register. Absolutely nothing to do so I figured I would make a thread discussing the awkwardness of sitting here jamming and reading while people come up and constantly stare at me.

We have been working at the restaurant here for a month now, to help out her family. We are done and will be going home on the 20th, but her uncle didn't feel like working today so she had to come in to run the register and i came to keep her company.

Absolutely no point to this thread except mind numbing boredom, so feel free to say whatever crosses your mind. Whether it be small games i can play with everyday office supplies (rubber bands, paper clips, pens etc.) or recommend music that will keep me awake.

Roran

The Original Nerdy Gangsta
Local time
-->
Music that'll keep you awake....Heavy metal. Do not use it to stay awake often (at least not the same songs each time) or your brain will eventually link metal and tiredness

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
-->
Meh it okay, i have just been listening to disturbed and reading stuff on the forum. Kind of awkward though, i keep ignoring when people come up so i am pretty oblivious of my facial expression. For all i know i could have a huge retarded grin on my face and people are probably looking at me like i am an idiot. And i have no clue.

This amuses me.

jameslikespie

Local time
Today 7:52 PM
-->
Fun activity = when people look at you awkwardly say " 'The fuck you looking at?" :D

jameslikespie

Local time
Today 7:52 PM
-->
Just stare right back, they'll stop staring :p Or say "Cool! You like staring too?! Awesome!".

Roran

The Original Nerdy Gangsta
Local time
-->
If you don't want people talking to you and don't mind looking insane, twitch randomly when you're talking and repeat what you said before you twitched.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
if you dont mind my asking
may i ask how the food is prepared?
lol i love chinese food but I'm always curious about buffet food...lol i have no idea where Im going with this.

Do you eat there?

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
Today 1:52 PM
-->
LOL thats a game im not so eager to play. Her family might stab me. And it is a chinese buffet, i might become part of the menu.

EATING CONTEST!!! How many crab rangoons can you swallow at once?

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
-->
Well, anything that isnt going to spoil overnight in the fridge like the stuff on the salad bar, we keep. But pretty much all the hot food is thrown out when we are cleaning up before we go home. All the fried stuff is thrown out because it will just get hard and nasty in the fridge. All the cakes and cookies and pudding etc. is put in the fridge.

Then when it comes to refreshing the bar during the day, we use all fresh ingredients. None of the food is prepackaged except the fried stuff. (not exactly chinese food but gotta give something to the kids, they arent going to eat moo-goo gai-pan)

But yeah, more and more is prepared as the day goes, we bring out more food once the current trays get low.

And yes, i have ate here the whole time i have been here, aside from running away to subway on my breaks most of the time. My girlfriend says i am getting fat, i am starting to believe her.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
I go to subway a lot for lunch too, my work is really close to one :3

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
just out of curiosity what do you guys usually order?
I always get a bmt on wheat with spinach, cucumber, oil, vinegar, no cheese. Toasted. ;D

Local time
-->
I prefer my local sandwich shops. They are cheaper and usually taste better.

420MuNkEy

Banned
Local time
Today 12:52 PM
-->
You could pretend to talk to each other in racist stereotypical Chinese gibberish (like "ching chong chang") in front of customers and see how they react.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
just out of curiosity what do you guys usually order?
I always get a bmt on wheat with spinach, cucumber, oil, vinegar, no cheese. Toasted. ;D

Eat at Subway for lunch every day that I'm at work. Get a 30 minute break, it's the only place close enough with cheap, healthy food. Come to think of it, I should probably just start bringing my lunch. Would save time and money.

12" chicken breast with everything, plus oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pepperjack cheese, of course. Never get anything else. Oh, sometimes double meat if I'm really hungry.

Top Bottom