• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Have u ever done a nazi salute

Have you ever done a nazi salute

• Yes

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 8:17 AM
-->
At the point of your life when you first read this, you are not allowed to do one just before selecting 'yes'.

Obviosuly I mean ironically I am not expecting serious nazis to reveal themselves, though I guess now would be as good a time as any. Please do feel free to specify in comments reasons for nazi salute or lack thereof if you think they are of interest.

KilledCat

Curiosity (the space rover) Killed the Cat
Local time
Today 4:17 AM
-->
Personally, I did it with a friend while acting out a scene from Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:17 AM
-->
Nazi helmet?

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Nazi helmet?

Are you asking if 1) people have ever worn a nazi helmet or 2) whether a nazi helmet counts as ticking 'yes' in the poll? If 1) no and if it 2) then no as well.

EDIT : Oh silly me, you mean u did the salute because you had a nazi helmet ? I see I see how slow of me. Interesting. Where did you find this helmet?

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:17 PM
-->
I probably did once, as an interjection to a comedic situation. Something like trying to invoke a fidelity in a dark-humor way.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I probably did once, as an interjection to a comedic situation. Something like trying to invoke a fidelity in a dark-humor way.

Yes this kind of thing. I hope you have ticked 'yes' on my poll because I am compiling these stats. It's an immensely important sociological study.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
ok ok yes ma'am

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 2:17 AM
-->
With some friends when we were pre-teens, doing it to passing cars or something. Only because we were doing anything for shock value attention at that age. Also a couple times drinking with some mates as a joke. I wouldn't worry if anyone saw me do it, since most people wouldn't take it seriously coming from someone of my complexion and features.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
We made a film in high school about Hitler's rise to power as project work in German class. As you can imagine there was a lot of nazi salutes. We also put quite some work into getting the mustache right.

Also, as an "easter egg" we tried to insert the word "motherfucker" in German in as many lines in the script as possible. At some point in the film, even the Spanish dictator Fransisco Franco says "motherfucker" in Spanish.

What can I say.. teenagers get a lot of strange ideas.

The teacher ended up failing our project because it was supposedly disrespectful to Jews.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:47 PM
-->
Woah failing for edgelordery? That seems a bit harsh.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Retrospectively, though, I must say I am quite happy with the outcome. I achieved two things: 1) learned a lot of interesting things about WWII history, and 2) proved that school is not about learning but about taking orders and following rules.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
You know I had a very interesting coversation with a Swed yesterday... Is it true that its disrespectful to call them, teachers, mr or mrs?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You know I had a very interesting coversation with a Swed yesterday... Is it true that its disrespectful to call them, teachers, mr or mrs?
You mean from a pupil's perspective? I don't know if it would be disrespectful, but it would seem somewhat unfriendly and give off the vibe that you don't like them, because usually one has a much more casual way of addressing a teacher – typically by their first name.

I can mostly speak for Norway – because that's where I have lived most of my life – but at least there, formalities in interpersonal communication is almost unheard of, so when it is used, it is usually used as some either sarcastic or passive-aggressive tool.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Oh Norway? Well I guess it could be different there. My bad I mistook your flag for Sweden.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
That is interesting actually, and certainly uncommon. Reflects a general cultural attitude of egalitarianism ?

France has very ingrained formalities in the structure of the language and attitudes, as in Spain. In England as well you'd go by 'sir' or 'ms' for a teacher, or a person representing authority, even if they don't have the whole informal 'you' (tu) and formal 'you' (vous).

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes, the Nordic area is a very level playing field. Of which Norway is the most prominent case.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Are you asking if 1) people have ever worn a nazi helmet or 2) whether a nazi helmet counts as ticking 'yes' in the poll? If 1) no and if it 2) then no as well.

EDIT : Oh silly me, you mean u did the salute because you had a nazi helmet ? I see I see how slow of me. Interesting. Where did you find this helmet?
I think Nazi just means you can't have sex with a colored person or a brunette.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:17 PM
-->
yeah you nailed it dude

DolceGuevara

Banned
Local time
Today 9:17 AM
-->
Did it the other day because the singer of the band wanted the crowd to throw hands up.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 4:17 AM
-->
You can change one no vote to a yes vote as I didn't count the time in 6th grade when a book report assignment had me read a biography and then do a presentation behaving as the person it was about. I did the salute during those few minutes I pretended to be Erwin Rommel. 2 of the 8 jews in that class thought it was funny I did that.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:47 PM
-->
Obviously not a colored person or a brunette.

Top Bottom