• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Have you ever loved someone so much...

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:56 PM
-->
You're basically describing sexual tension, so sure.

lightfire

Local time
Today 3:56 AM
-->
This thread makes me want to watch hannibal.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 8:56 AM
-->
Yeh

moody

Local time
Today 1:56 AM
-->
Nope. People are gross.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:56 PM
-->
Eh, no. Sounds more like lust to me.

caitlinwaters

QUESTION! QUESTION..QUESTION?
Local time
Today 4:56 AM
-->
HAH. This really does make me think about hannibal..

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The image I have in my mind is a pet owner almost squeezing their pet hamster to death

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 9:56 AM
-->
hm in what sense?
I'm smitten now. I devour info about targeted person, figuratively

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
Just let me re-iterate the question so that it doesn't ring a lot of sexual strings on you lot.
Let's say you meet a person and you talk a bit and you find that person so interesting that you say to yourself "god, i wish i could swallow you wholly".
It's nothing sexual, just the kind of desire that you know can't be fulfilled with simple sexual or conversational intercourse, and yet you yearn for more.
Not an every day kind of acquaintance, i must admit.

moody

Local time
-->
Just let me re-iterate the question so that it doesn't ring a lot of sexual strings on you lot.
Let's say you meet a person and you talk a bit and you find that person so interesting that you say to yourself "god, i wish i could swallow you wholly".
It's nothing sexual, just the kind of desire that you know can't be fulfilled with simple sexual or conversational intercourse, and yet you yearn for more.

Ohh, then yes, I think I experience something similar... except instead of wanting to swallow them wholly, I'm more prone to want to do anything I possibly can for them in that moment of time, or just be near them:

My sibling and I are pretty close, so sometimes when I'm in a relaxed mood and one of their idiosyncrasies come out, I literally just feel how much I adore them. This also can happen sometimes when talking to a close friend, or with one of my pets. (Especially with the pets.) It's even happened with just good acquaintances on occassion, where I'll run into them and they say, "Hi [moody]," in the way they say my name, and I'll respond, "I don't know why, but I'm just so happy to see you right now." Likewise, when I ever miss someone, it's mainly missing them just acting like THEM.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:56 AM
-->

Yeah, I've had that experience before -- like you want to crawl inside each other's skin.

(Glad that doesn't sound creepy. Mua ha ha.)

But it's like the Sx enneagram variant urge, basically -- totally immersion intimacy, desire for merging while both of you retaining everything you are. "Sex" is the closest relative thing people can grasp it as but it goes beyond a physical act.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:56 PM
-->
ye

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:56 AM
-->
But it's like the Sx enneagram variant urge, basically -- totally immersion intimacy, desire for merging while both of you retaining everything you are. "Sex" is the closest relative thing people can grasp it as but it goes beyond a physical act.

with my limited life experience
I only know the emotion subconsciously but...
my deepest darkness has held in others my brightest sun. fictional characters that is.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
deepest feelings are of fictional people, joy and nihilism

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
When I meet a person and talk a bit, I usually say to myself “god I wish something would swallow me so that I get away from this conversation”

moody

Local time
-->
When I meet a person and talk a bit, I usually say to myself “god I wish something would swallow me so that I get away from this conversation”

I usually don't have this problem, as I'm usually not very approachable (so I've been told). Sometimes, there is a brave soul who is interested in me and tries to engage in conversation. I usually don't care for them, so here is what I do:

1. Make sure you do not raise your eyebrows. Your face is an unmovable rock.

2. Discourage further conversation by only answering any questions with "Yes," or "no," and then starting into their eyes very disinterestedly. If they're obtuse, just turn your entire body away.

3. Do not respond to any expectancy on their part for more conversation, and do not ask them any questions.

4. Walk away when they pause or after you just answered a question. If they call after you, you didn't hear them.

5. Body language is also important. Lean away. Look at your watch. Cross your feet to the other side. Look really spacey.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I think this sort of idea is to fully give into your passions without restraint. I think self control is a virtue, personally.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I think this sort of idea is to fully give into your passions without restraint. I think self control is a virtue, personally.

depends
as long as it goes both ways equality in passion is not a deficit.
unequal relations are high losses for a person on the low end.
so control is beneficial as two evenly matched parties.
they have the hots for you as much as you them.
certainly, the most involved relation interactions bonds two people the longest.
it is all about the final result chemically.
you cannot place loss of control in a negative context box.
losing control together can be the highest positive experience.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

depends
as long as it goes both ways equality in passion is not a deficit.
unequal relations are high losses for a person on the low end.
so control is beneficial as two evenly matched parties.
they have the hots for you as much as you them.
certainly, the most involved relation interactions bonds two people the longest.
it is all about the final result chemically.
you cannot place loss of control in a negative context box.
losing control together can be the highest positive experience.

I guess it depends on what the OP means by "devour."

ANAXEL

I always get invited to parties
Local time
-->

I would personally LOVE it if someone I like did not restrain their passion with me at all.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

I would personally LOVE it if someone I like did not restrain their passion with me at all.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that idea, however, I would point out that you still have to eat and sleep and brush your teeth and whatnot and if some horndog is always looking for dat ass, you may get sick of it.

ANAXEL

I always get invited to parties
Local time
-->

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that idea, however, I would point out that you still have to eat and sleep and brush your teeth and whatnot and if some horndog is always looking for dat ass, you may get sick of it.

I suppose I mean in a physical, euphoric moment when passion overcomes and the person gives herself to another.
In the long run, other non-euphoric forms of attraction are definitely more preferable to me.
Excuse my ignorance but I don’t know what you meant with last part though it still made me laugh.

Rose_everdene

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Nope. People are gross.
Some people are gross, but since there are billions of people taking up the earth and millions takin up one country it is highly likely that their are people that arn't gross, but I guess the environment that ur living in now could contribute to ur perception that all people are gross- and probably from ur own experience.

Rose_everdene

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Yes I have loved someone so much that I would sacrifice almost anything for them, sadly they didn't feel the same way.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
That’s just kind of creepy. Most people I’d known would be put off by coming on so strong. Then they request the opposite, which is taking it slow. But, you take it so slow nothing happens and they call you gay, and to use more passion. Then when you do, they say you’re coming on too strong and to go slower; etc ad infinitum.

Consistency is key, and the guy has to talk to the girl first even if the girl talked to him first once or twice. It’s still sexual even though you might want to Ben friends first, everyone knows the end goal is still sex with them, unless you’re using them as an aphrodisiac to end up with who you really want to be with. So it’s more of a delicate balance than unbridled passion. Quick twist used to have a point. He doesn’t anymore. People getting involved together should be much more than there just being a bunch of rat shit everywhere. Judas Iscariot was who betrayed Jesus for a couple coins of silver.

moody

Local time
-->
Nope. People are gross.
Some people are gross, but since there are billions of people taking up the earth and millions takin up one country it is highly likely that their are people that arn't gross, but I guess the environment that ur living in now could contribute to ur perception that all people are gross- and probably from ur own experience.

What an awful visualization. The larger the quantity of people I imagine...the grosser they’ve become.

I’ve been overwhelmed by feelings of familial and protective love before—just not romantic. That’s whats gross to me, but I a, aware that this stems from my own perceptions as opposed being inherent in the people around me.

Yes I have loved someone so much that I would sacrifice almost anything for them, sadly they didn't feel the same way.

Aww. I’m sorry. It’s the worst to know you care way more than someone else, an it not being their fault.

moody

Local time
-->
That’s just kind of creepy. Most people I’d known would be put off by coming on so strong. Then they request the opposite, which is taking it slow. But, you take it so slow nothing happens and they call you gay, and to use more passion. Then when you do, they say you’re coming on too strong and to go slower; etc ad infinitum.

Consistency is key, and the guy has to talk to the girl first even if the girl talked to him first once or twice. It’s still sexual even though you might want to Ben friends first, everyone knows the end goal is still sex with them, unless you’re using them as an aphrodisiac to end up with who you really want to be with. So it’s more of a delicate balance than unbridled passion. Quick twist used to have a point. He doesn’t anymore. People getting involved together should be much more than there just being a bunch of rat shit everywhere. Judas Iscariot was who betrayed Jesus for a couple coins of silver.

I think @a_ghost_from_your_past was being more metaphorical than literal. It’s just the wording he/she used was more on the phallic side, which we all have pointed out. The way I interpreted the thread (when it was clarified) was if you’ve ever experience an overwhelming surge of affection for a person.

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
Well, reviewing the replies, it seems to me, that there still a misunderstanding.
Some people have, once the surface reading of sexual desire was cancelled out, qualified the nature of the longing for the other component in the allegory - namely food.
To most, it appears, that things like eating is a trivial matter, something almost taken as a given, but put into the grand scale of things, eating is an absolute requirement for the continuation of life.
Here comes the catch:
You must eat a thing, an organism or the product of an organism's own natural life cycle to sustain yourself.
It would be idealistic to think that that thing which is about to be eaten has agreed upon this trade.
This tension of "i must, although i'd prefer it to be otherwise" and "i don't want to sacrifice myself, but [the other one] calls the shots" is what interests me.
Consider: The tension itself. What does it do to you? How do you deal with the discrepancy?

Top Bottom