• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello

Local time
Today 4:38 PM
-->
Hi, my name is Kat. I love reading, researching, hiking, cooking/baking, debate, and watching movies. I am married to an ISFJ and we have a 17 month old daughter, who is a bundle of energy and eagerness. I have a degree in astronomy, but I am a stay-at-home mother by choice. I'm sorry if my bio sounds a bit dry-- I've never been very good at adding flourishes to my writing, particularly my introductions.

Either way, I've been looking for like-minded individuals to talk to, so I'm hoping that this forum will be a good resource for me. Thanks! :)

pariahmariah

pariahMariah
Local time
Today 2:38 PM
-->
Hi, my name is Kat. I love reading, researching, hiking, cooking/baking, debate, and watching movies. I am married to an ISFJ and we have a 17 month old daughter, who is a bundle of energy and eagerness. I have a degree in astronomy, but I am a stay-at-home mother by choice. I'm sorry if my bio sounds a bit dry-- I've never been very good at adding flourishes to my writing, particularly my introductions.

Either way, I've been looking for like-minded individuals to talk to, so I'm hoping that this forum will be a good resource for me. Thanks! :)

Welcome. As long as you don't eat the pi you should be fine. Just dive in. And yes, that was a poor attempt at pun usage. If you need me, I'll be in the corner thinking about what I've done.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Astronomy, you say?! What's the current wavelength of the Cosmic Background Radiation?

JimJambones

sPaCe CaDeT
Local time
-->

Hello Kat, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm also glad to see another INTP parent here I think @pariahmariah has kids too(?), perhaps we should have an INTP parents thread. INTP parents seem to be of a different breed altogether. I have what appears to be 2 solidly extroverted daughters :eek: .........who I love to death, of course, but can be quite a handful. My wife is some strange hybrid between an ISFJ and ISTP, in any event, she's atleast ISXX. She has absolutely no interest in MBTI and gets bored quickly when I start talking about it. I am leaning toward ISTP for her though by the simple fact that, between the two of us, our house is nearly always a mess! But, not as bad as one would expect, I'm not all too terribly messy for an INTP and her not for an ISTP; cleaning does give me time to do simple tasks while having the opportunity to think so I spend what is probably an average amount of time performing chores. Sorry for the ramble, perhaps I had too much coffee this morning.

It looks like you have very interesting interests, I share all but cooking with you. Again welcome aboard.

pariahmariah

pariahMariah
Local time
-->
Hello Kat, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm also glad to see another INTP parent here I think @pariahmariah has kids too(?), perhaps we should have an INTP parents thread. INTP parents seem to be of a different breed altogether. I have what appears to be 2 solidly extroverted daughters :eek: .........who I love to death, of course, but can be quite a handful. My wife is some strange hybrid between an ISFJ and ISTP, in any event, she's atleast ISXX. She has absolutely no interest in MBTI and gets bored quickly when I start talking about it. I am leaning toward ISTP for her though by the simple fact that, between the two of us, our house is nearly always a mess! But, not as bad as one would expect, I'm not all too terribly messy for an INTP and her not for an ISTP; cleaning does give me time to do simple tasks while having the opportunity to think so I spend what is probably an average amount of time performing chores. Sorry for the ramble, perhaps I had too much coffee this morning.

It looks like you have very interesting interests, I share all but cooking with you. Again welcome aboard.

An INTP parent thread would be great. I'm dying to find out who else tries to keep their children occuppied in their rooms with video games, books, and art supplies. I have 3 boys. 5yr old twins and a 10 yr old. One of the twins I think is an introvert. The other 2 kids talk NONSTOP all day and for some reason they won't talk to each other. It always has to be me.

Local time
-->
Welcome. As long as you don't eat the pi you should be fine. Just dive in. And yes, that was a poor attempt at pun usage. If you need me, I'll be in the corner thinking about what I've done.

Thank you :) I use terribly corny puns as well, so no worries there. I tend to have a pretty corny sense of humor actually haha. Looks like I'll fit right in!

Local time
-->
Astronomy, you say?! What's the current wavelength of the Cosmic Background Radiation?

Oh goodness, I have no idea lol. I know that they just mapped it more accurately with the Planck, resulting in the lengthening of the estimated age of the universe to 13.8 billion years.

I had to look it up, though. Apparently it's around 200 MHz?

Hi, thank you! It's certainly interesting being a parent-- very challenging in ways that I didn't think it would be (SO hard to get my me-focused alone time to recharge and maintain my grip on sanity lol), but so deeply and thoroughly enjoyable. Unfortunately, I'm not the neatest housekeeper in the world, but I get by. I've been revamping my organizational methods for household stuff (Pinterest is my home decor bible at this point) and that's been helping quite a bit. My husband's kind of touchy-feely, so he loves knowing about personality assessments and those sorts of introspective things.

It's funny because we both value them for such different reasons. Me because I want to know how personalities work and interact, what their strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies are, etc. Not necessarily to learn about a person I know, just to learn about people and psychology in general. My husband though, being the ISFJ he is, wants to know about personality types to learn more about the people in his life. He really is such a kind person-- it's a blessing that he puts up with my characteristic bluntness lol.

I am a rambler-- beware! Haha :) but yeah, I'm certainly not a quiet person.

An INTP parent thread would be great. I'm dying to find out who else tries to keep their children occuppied in their rooms with video games, books, and art supplies. I have 3 boys. 5yr old twins and a 10 yr old. One of the twins I think is an introvert. The other 2 kids talk NONSTOP all day and for some reason they won't talk to each other. It always has to be me.

That would be a lot of fun! My daughter is only 1 1/2, so keeping her busy is much easier (or harder? not sure yet) right now. Lots of building and Montessori-style toys to keep her interested while I unwind and stop pulling my hair out for a few minutes.

Top Bottom