• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello

Sockrates

Local time
Today 1:29 AM
-->
I'm new here, recent transfer from the dictatorship of the INTJforum.

Hoping for better conversations and more openness to ideals unlike those who feast upon that realm.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 5:29 PM
-->
Openness is easily observed when everyone is of the same opinion. We all took a test called the MBTI to ensure we are more or less of the same opinion. This is why we are so open to eachothers opinion. Did you take this test?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 8:29 PM
-->
I think he meant to say, "we're pretty easy-going here, so yes, feel free to jump in and share your ideas, we would love to hear them." :D

INTJf is pretty regimented in terms of atmosphere. I only posted a few times there, it felt rather stifling.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Yes, Jenny, I am also an INTP who has the uncanny ability to peer into ones mind and soul and determine the fundamental laws that drive them and knowing all their intentions and thoughts down to the dirtiest detail. However, anwering the question intended is not as much fun as tying their brains into confusing knots that take them time to unravel.

:kodama1:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Yes, Jenny, I am also an INTP who has the uncanny ability to peer into ones mind and soul and determine the fundamental laws that drive them and knowing all their intentions and thoughts down to the dirtiest detail. However, anwering the question intended is not as much fun as tying their brains into confusing knots that take them time to unravel.

Well, here's the thing:

I figured if the guy was coming here because he hated close-minded forums, the last thing he'd want to hear as the very first response to his first post is, "We all think the same here." And I think that's not what you meant to suggest? Soooo.....?

How'd you make your head do that?
I've been trying but still can't get it. :D

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Well, here's the thing:

I figured if the guy was coming here because he hated close-minded forums, the last thing he'd want to hear as the very first response to his first post is, "We all think the same here." And I think that's not what you meant to suggest? Soooo.....?

How'd you make your head do that?
I've been trying but still can't get it. :D

Why would we want someone who isn't open-minded about close-mindedness? We are all openminded people here after all.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 10:29 AM
-->
I'm new here, recent transfer from the dictatorship of the INTJforum.

Hoping for better conversations and more openness to ideals unlike those who feast upon that realm.

What kind of ideals and conversations do you hope to discuss here that you couldn't on INTJforum?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 8:29 AM
-->
Welcome.

Nice to see post. I only saw you at Chat before.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 7:29 PM
-->
Hey. This is a little awkward, I wish we'd known each other.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
Openness is easily observed when everyone is of the same opinion. We all took a test called the MBTI to ensure we are more or less of the same opinion. This is why we are so open to eachothers opinion. Did you take this test?

Sucks to meet you so quickly. Yes, I have taken many test; I'm an INTJ.

I like Jenny, and the others who posted after her. Thank you for the welcoming.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
Also, Grayman, you know that Einstein is indeed a fraud? You shouldn't be so easy to trust someone who you know nothing about their background.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Also, Grayman, you know that Einstein is indeed a fraud? You shouldn't be so easy to trust someone who you know nothing about their background.

I think you mean mistaken about many things that cannot truly be known. Fraud indicates intention which... unless you have something you would like to share... is not a cause for his mistakes, if mistakes they be.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
I think you mean mistaken about many things that cannot truly be known. Fraud indicates intention which... unless you have something you would like to share... is not a cause for his mistakes, if mistakes they be.

Not necessarily mistakes, but simply a man with no integrity who stole others ideas, of lesser popularity, and claimed them as his own. If you need proof, simply type it into google yourself. Don't get me wrong, he was intelligent, just not genuine.

Nikola Tesla is a man worthy of honoring though.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
I like discussing such topics as who/what is responisible for rape. Why America sucks. Why Americas military is immoral and other things that may stem from my moral/philosophical views. Not trying to make any enemies in my first evening but it looks like I did without even trying. Nice to meet you all.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Not necessarily mistakes, but simply a man with no integrity who stole others ideas, of lesser popularity, and claimed them as his own. If you need proof, simply type it into google yourself. Don't get me wrong, he was intelligent, just not genuine.

Nikola Tesla is a man worthy of honoring though.

No idea is an idea that is purely and truly yours. I think you hold a double standard here. Every idea builds upon others.

I find it odd that your statement goes directly against the quote in my signature. He desires character over intelligence and yet you say he sought recognition of his intelligence at the cost of his character.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/20...h_to_the_claim_that_einstein_was_a_fraud.html

Answer by Jay Wacker, professor at Stanford University in particle physics and astrophysics:

In order to evaluate the claim, consider this one piece of evidence: In one year, Einstein produced four transformative results:

The photoelectric effect, which is really what set off quantum theory
Brownian motion, where he proves the existence of atoms that were not accepted generally by physicists (though chemists believed in them)
Special relativity, where he showed that the constancy of the speed of light led to a new type of kinematics
The equivalence of energy and mass, where he showed that mass is a type of energy
Those are four results from 1905. Although Einstein did not work in a vacuum, he did publish all of these papers on his own before anyone else and deserves credit for each of these results. Particularly for special relativity, the scientific community was circling around the answer, but he simply gave us the intuition that we still teach a century later.

Any person who made a single one of those contributions would have their names in physics textbooks a century later. That one person made all of these contributions and made them in one year places him in the canon of leaders of human thought from all time.

He contributed many other things to physics in the following years. His most important contribution was general relativity, where his single-minded fixation on the equivalence principle (that inertial mass and gravitational mass are the same) let him formulate a scientific theory decades before we should have had it.

Einstein was universally respected and admired, and physicists are not ones to give credit lightly to others. As an example, the year 2005 was called the "World Year of Physics" because it was the centennial of the miraculous year that Einstein had.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 10:29 AM
-->
Sockrates said:
Not trying to make any enemies in my first evening but it looks like I did without even trying.

You haven't made enemies, you've just met Grayman - we keep him around to make everyone else look smart :)

Why don't you make a thread about a topic you're interested in and people might discuss it. I can't say I'm specifically interested in discussing rape but I like to analyse human motivations.

Plus the forum's about a week overdue for a healthy dose of bashing 'Murica.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
"Whoever invented compound interest was a genius." I leave it at that. Please dig more and don't click on the first link that pops up.

I'm a Finance major. I understand Einstein too well. He's not much different than I. I'll be majoring in Physics next.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
"Whoever invented compound interest was a genius." I leave it at that. Please dig more and don't click on the first link that pops up.

I'm a Finance major. I understand Einstein too well. He's not much different than I. I'll be majoring in Physics next.

I am confused about what financing has to do with Einstein. Did he get credit for economic theories that he didn't come up with?

Sockrates

Local time
-->
No, sorry. I'm getting off topic.

I think I'll like it here with you around Grayman.

Can I call you Gandalf?

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
No, sorry. I'm getting off topic.

I think I'll like it here with you around Grayman.

Can I call you Gandalf?

:) You can call me whatever you like. Well, some things you can call me as long as it comes with a stated logical reason why. No hard feelings.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
:) You can call me whatever you like. Well, some things you can call me as long as it comes with a stated logical reason why. No hard feelings.

I was too harsh at first. Nice to get to know you. Just had to have a mutual test.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I like discussing such topics as who/what is responisible for rape. Why America sucks. Why Americas military is immoral and other things that may stem from my moral/philosophical views. Not trying to make any enemies in my first evening but it looks like I did without even trying. Nice to meet you all.[

lol.

Well, people before your arrival were suggesting we needed a few new members who would stir the pot. It looks like their wish was granted. :)

I'm American, yes, but have my own share of gripes about my own country, military involvement, etc. As long as you aren't painting it with such a broad brush as to be outrageously unfair, then that's fine.

(then again, I'm someone who would be fine with moving around country to country every few years to experience and understand a new environment.)

Tesla seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in the pubic's recollection of history, unfortunately.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
lol.

Well, people before your arrival were suggesting we needed a few new members who would stir the pot. It looks like their wish was granted. :)

I'm American, yes, but have my own share of gripes about my own country, military involvement, etc. As long as you aren't painting it with such a broad brush as to be outrageously unfair, then that's fine.

(then again, I'm someone who would be fine with moving around country to country every few years to experience and understand a new environment.)

Tesla seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in the pubic's recollection of history, unfortunately.

Your wish is my command... but not really ;)

I'm ignorant to other nations besides our North American neighbors, and in comparison to them, America is better. Canada certainly has it's perks, Mexico... no.

No broad paintings here, I prefer water colors and fine strokes. My examples are generally the same, I like metaphors.

Edison had the better smile.

Tesla had the better mind.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
It's too bad that people cannot judge a person by how great their mind actually is and must rely on presentation and prestige.

To some extent. A great mind doesn't care about such things. Finding the answer(s) is what's important, not humans' uneducated opinions.

Tristitian

Meaningless Rambler
Local time
-->
Based on your recent participation in the forum and the chatbox, I honestly wouldn't have guessed that you were about as new as I am. You seem to fit in very well.

I hope to have some meaningful conversation with you in the future.

Sockrates

Local time
-->
I am quick to get comfortable in all places and endeavors.

Happy to hear that. I look forward to our future encounters as well.

Top Bottom