• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hey, Strangelings.

GrimdarkSeamstress

The Enigma
Local time
Today 3:52 AM
-->
Greetings and salutations, you all! :3 I'm a new member to the forums, as you can see... I'm an INTP with very strong Fi, so I used to dance around the INFP name, but INTP fits me better. I'm chaotic, ditsy, a true cloudcuckoolander with vast interests, such as webcomics, sewing, physics, language, surrealism, the list goes on and on. Well, it's cool to be here, I hope you guys enjoy my presence!

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 2:52 AM
-->

Tony3d

Local time
Today 1:52 AM
-->
I've never met an INTP that had even a trace of Fi... hmmmm...

GrimdarkSeamstress

The Enigma
Local time
-->
Best self description I've read in a while 'round here.

And a troper it seems... :storks:
Umm... thanks! And yes, I am a troper. I get distracted by the blue links, and then I have no clue what I'm looking up, and I'll spend like 7 hours on it.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
I'm an INTP with very strong Fi, so I used to dance around the INFP name

Welcome, but that probably means you really are an INFP and not INTP. INTP's don't have any Fi in their makeup at all, whereas with INFP's its in the dominant. What you might be mistaking is the Te in the shadow function for INFP's.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 4:52 AM
-->
Welcome, but that probably means you really are an INFP and not INTP. INTP's don't have any Fi in their makeup at all, whereas with INFP's its in the dominant. What you might be mistaking is the Te in the shadow function for INFP's.
I can't quarrel with the Fi. I say wait and see what GrimdarkSeamstress is like. Fi may be outside of INTP's, Ti Ne Si Fe, but what about Te? Can any of the 16 types ever be without trying out Te every once in a while even if they slough over it? If Te, then why not Fi, Se or Ni as well ... on rare occasion?

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
I can't quarrel with the Fi. I say wait and see what GrimdarkSeamstress is like. Fi may be outside of INTP's, Ti Ne Si Fe, but what about Te? Can any of the 16 types ever be without trying out Te every once in a while even if they slough over it? If Te, then why not Fi, Se or Ni as well ... on rare occasion?

Yes, but Te is one of the INTP shadow functions too (not to be confused with the inferior Fe). In my observations everybody can express their shadow functions, but only at great psychic cost and for short time periods. Even then they'll usually resist it.

I get your point though and have a few thoughts about that. First, the likelihood of playing the other side of the street is higher when a person is younger than older. As we mature we become more comfortable and adept at using our strengths, so will live in our first two function most or all of the time, with the other two in their proper place as support positions. Two, even in young people I don't observe them much at all using the shadow functions. Why should they? Certainly everybody is capable of expressing all the functions, but in practice it doesn't seem to happen much.

So yes I think you are correct in that we can express our shadow functions, but in reality I don't see people doing it. It's difficult enough integrating our inferior, never mind the other half.

GrimdarkSeamstress

The Enigma
Local time
-->

You know what, it's an adventure. I'll find out my type eventually, but I still want to be a part of this forum. So I'll be you guys's INxP for now, does that work? :king-twitter: I also could be confusing Fe for Fi. It's the idealism that made me think Fi, but that's not something that's a sure sign of Fi.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Strange Intropections

In my observations everybody can express their shadow functions, but only at great psychic cost and for short time periods. Even then they'll usually resist it.
I kind of agree with that but I can't tell you at this point what kind of agreement I mean.*
I get your point though and have a few thoughts about that. First, the likelihood of playing the other side of the street is higher when a person is younger than older. As we mature we become more comfortable and adept at using our strengths, so will live in our first two function most or all of the time, with the other two in their proper place as support positions.
This is the statement that blows my mind ... at least until I calm down.

Wouldn't that depend on who one is? I, for example, am interested in all those functions (and am definitely older) and would be upset if any were denied me. I need a curve to express the difference between what you are saying and what I am saying. Picture a Bell curve. Now modify it so ... how do I say this? ... the standard deviation is (1) very small; (2) very large. No. That's not what I want to say. Try this:

Maybe I'm deluded and I'm not an INTP but some other sort of monster. Yet look at how I post. I love to think about stuff abstractly (Ti), then I post it here (Ne) in some manner of expression. I try to be aware of sensations to guide my living (Si) and I will try to be socially agreeable (Fe) but don't go out of my way.

Now to the others:
Te - I will look to external realities and check their logical use for examples to fit theory.
Fi - I have internal feelings and even though I don't give them much credit, I had better know which ones are wild or if I'm calm.
Se - What would happen if I weren't aware of my wife's likes and dislikes? Occasionally I try to see them out there (Se) and then put them in my memory (Si).
Ni - along with my Ti I have a vague intuition about where I'm going but I only use that as a starting point and then Ti takes over.

All this could give me INTJ qualities but you decide.

Now you may be more practical than I and not as philosophically inclined. So you might not want to bother much with six of those eight.

*Here is a try. Being and thinking about something are two different things. What I am (and you) type-wise is what I'm most comfortable with. But this wouldn't stop me from thinking about ANYTHING. When I do, I BECOME what I'm thinking about. The ease and lack of stress is in the thinking. As soon as I leave thinking, I drop the state of being. If I think about Te Fi Se Ni as tools, I become those ... and then drop them ... fast.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I'll find out my type eventually, but I still want to be a part of this forum. So I'll be you guys's INxP for now, does that work? :king-twitter: I also could be confusing Fe for Fi.
Fi is internal relations and Fe external. When you say, "I still want to be a part of this forum", I can't tell what that is or how strong.:confused: What was more important, that you be polite to this forum to be accepted or that you have a passion for belonging?

Anyway welcome. INxP, yes.

GrimdarkSeamstress

The Enigma
Local time
-->
The people here just seem intriguing. I don't want it to be, "Hey! You don't pass the INTP Test, so we're going to exclude you because we're a bunch of asshats!:cat:"

But you guys aren't like that. You're pretty magical.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 8:52 PM
-->
Welcome to the forum.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Re: Strange Intropections

Wouldn't that depend on who one is? I, for example, am interested in all those functions (and am definitely older) and would be upset if any were denied me.

I don't think anything is denied you, except in the sense of what you are good at. Are you denied being a good ballerina? Well sure you could get a sex change (I think you are male?) and dancing lessons, but it would come at great cost, no?

I need a curve to express the difference ...

Not sure what to say about this part, I'll try this next one.

Being and thinking about something are two different things. What I am (and you) type-wise is what I'm most comfortable with. But this wouldn't stop me from thinking about ANYTHING. When I do, I BECOME what I'm thinking about. The ease and lack of stress is in the thinking. As soon as I leave thinking, I drop the state of being. If I think about Te Fi Se Ni as tools, I become those ... and then drop them ... fast.

Well I guess I'd say you have a good imagination, but here's the idea. We can imagine being Bill Clinton, but that isn't the same as being him. Could you spend 12 hours a day going from one social engagement to another? If you are an INTX you couldn't - no way, it would kill you eventually from psychic drain and stress. But Bill is energized from that, it gives him energy, he's expressing his Fe and Se and getting a huge bang out of it.

Take another example, I have a gardner. Why? Because when I go out to cut the grass it costs me hugely in energy. Even though I enjoy being outside I hate the smell of gas, dealing with the 2-stroke, and do a crappy job regardless. My gardner does that all day without trouble, and does a beautiful job.

However I'll spend that time sitting at a desk typing on a computer, and yesterday I felt refreshed (if physically tired) after a 14 hour day. My gardner would wilt doing that, and in the end we both can easily imagine working the others job.

Not sure I'm following you but that's my best shot.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 6:52 PM
-->
The people here just seem intriguing. I don't want it to be, "Hey! You don't pass the INTP Test, so we're going to exclude you because we're a bunch of asshats!:cat:"

I LOVE YOU! (I'm possibly an INFP as well (or the other way around)) So welcome to the club of un-self aware people who don't really care in the end.

Tony3d

Local time
Today 1:52 AM
-->
Well, I'm quite eccentric, to say the least.

So am I, it is my weird combination of how my Fe and Ne react together that causes this mostly.

for Fi. It's the idealism that made me think Fi, but that's not something that's a sure sign of Fi.

From my expereince, Fe sees the world through Si in the same way that Ti sees the world through Ne.

My Si has a very idealistic and rather childish view of who I am and what I diserve. My Si beleives me to be some sort of White Knight or something.

Obviously that is very contrary to what my main Ti/Ne think, but I have this whole disharmony of my multiple personalities thing going on here. I actually have gone as far as naming the personalities that live inside of me.

My shadow ESFJ is Sentry the Lion, be happy if you don't end up meeting him, because he tends to rip peoples heads off.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 10:52 AM
-->
Re: Strange Intropections

Hi there GrimdarkSeamstress, personally I find it just as likely that INTPs have Fi, as any other quality in their mind, and use regularly, but not what one would prefer to access. Perhaps it's what comes last and wraps the whole ting up, as I will try to illustrate below.

INTP's don't have any Fi in their makeup at all, whereas with INFP's its in the dominant.
I am confused with your metaphor. Makeup is something you put on, it's not what would be your normal skin tone. If anything I would say that Fi could be the makeup of the INTP,

However I'll spend that time sitting at a desk typing on a computer, and yesterday I felt refreshed (if physically tired) after a 14 hour day.
There is Fi right there, your reward. I used this simple definition here.
Fe feels for others.
Fi feels for self.
And this
Fe is the smile that leads to the kiss.
Fi is the butterfly in your chest that led to the smile.
It all works beautifully together. But I'm not sure I got this right. Would that mean that an INFP would spend 14 hours feeling refreshed, and then spend a few minutes typing a paragraph on the net as a reward?

:storks:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 6:52 PM
-->

1. We're not intriguing.
2. You didn't pass the INTP test? I am going to exclude you whenever possible.
C. I'm an asshat, who are you to tell me otherwise?
4. Magic isn't real asshole.
5. Welcome! :)

Lyra

Genesis Engineering Speciation
Local time
Today 9:52 AM
-->
Confirmed for Nyy'Xai.

@Lyra back me up brah

I'd need to see a video, but it's probably a N'xez and more likely than not a Nyy'xai. If I did text reads I'd read it as a Nyy'xai, but I don't.

On that note.

Hey there Grimdark. Looking good. You'll be hearing from me. I'm a boy you're a girl, you're a Nyy'xai I'm a Nai'xyy, so let's make productive harmony. It even rhymes, see?

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
I

Hey there Grimdark. Looking good. You'll be hearing from me. I'm a boy you're a girl, you're a Nyy'xai I'm a Nai'xyy, so let's make productive harmony. It even rhymes, see?

Prepare to be purified by righteous flame Dire Avenger scum.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Damn Fukyo it's scary when you talk like that. And kind of exciting. Try a little meaner?

Lyra

Local time
-->
You're a cosmically weak brainless cretin. Emperor's peace on you. ;__;

I... j... just sent you a presntt... on INFJs )-:

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:52 PM
-->
Enough with the topology, it's a teapot if it wants to be.

Ship of Theseus + Paradox of Authenticity = Subjectivity of Identity
Particularly here on the internet where our physical selves are of little relevance.

Besides it could just be an INXP :rolleyes:

Right now Grimdark, welcome to the asylum.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Enough with the topology,
Please tell me this was the intentional reference I'm hoping it was. If not mad props for the accidental brilliance.

Yes, Grimdark, welcome.

Try not to be a disappointment like all the other halfwit zombies who infest this once grand and beautiful ruin. It got overrun by internet. Here's to hoping you're one of the living.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
I... j... just sent you a presntt... on INFJs )-:

tumblr_m9b2qpsSUp1rzfyxio1_400.gif

You're a horrible person. You made a delicate doe eyed Nyy'Xai girl sad with your baleful end of the spectrum.

Horrible, horrible and unheroic.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Owza that actually stung.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Get a room you two.

Or wait until I get the camera.

Edit:
2clbuq19z5.jpg

Okay proceed.

Lyra

Local time
-->
I was going to ask if I could post a gif of a burning cat but I thought it might actually upset her.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Hey Cog man poor sport. I'm trying to teach her to Peak heroically. Her deep inner Xai needs to well up and...

Actually I'll stop myself right there.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Sick motherfuckers -_- . Look what you made me do with this heroic gift of Natural Law Truth.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Sick motherfuckers -_- . Look what you made me do with this heroic gift of Natural Law Truth.

I'm sorry baby. Please don't post burning cats, that's so cruel. Xai no likey.

ps. if you're behind 40k references why is your YT icon a dire avenger symbol. And here I thought you might identify with Eldar since they're so Nai.

Lyra

Local time
-->
It's actually a symbol for alchemical sulphur which I coloured blue. I did used to play Eldar though <3. And yes they're heroically Nai with epic RPG Xyy flex. Is that giving you buoyancy?

...and maybe even peaking down through your Vai?

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
It's actually a symbol for alchemical sulphur which I coloured blue. I did used to play Eldar though <3. And yes they're heroically Nai with epic RPG Xyy flex. Is that giving you buoyancy?

...and maybe even peaking down into you Vai?

I'm an unsinkable ship. I'll be your island in these hostile, tumultuous waters. <3

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Your euphemisms are obscure and disturbing :phear:

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
Nah we're just crazy :D

I find their antics quite cute, like a penguin hugging a polar bear.

@Lyra Awwwwww, just, awwwwww. :) There appears to be something warm and soft under all those layers of frustrated, misunderstood art. I hope that you two live happily ever after.

:D

-Duxwing

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
They're euphemisms for things even sadomasochists find uncomfortable to talk about.

Top Bottom