• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hi everyone

Windbag

I am here to wheeze.
Local time
Today 8:27 AM
-->
I'm an old windbag at 33, and I have come to wheeze at you.

I used to post a lot at INTPcentral seven or eight years ago, then got out of participation in type-based forums.

I have a wonderful marriage to an ISTJ, two kids and a 150-year old house that I fix up when I'm feeling inspired. I work for the family business but I'm going back to school. Again.

I'm looking forward to throwing my two cents at the 20-year olds.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:27 AM
-->
welcome. Just assuming you're an INTP, then?

What's the family business? :P

<--20 yo

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
Today 1:27 AM
-->
Welcome and greetings.

Just make your self at home.

Oh god. I'm so broke. Any money could help.

inhibitions

Secretly Holden Caulfield
Local time
Today 4:27 AM
-->
Welcome :)

May I ask what you're going back to school for?

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Hi.

I'm 28, an INFJ and very happily engaged to an ENFJ. We have a baby girl on the way and we're currently in the process of doing up a ~ 65 year old house which will be our 'base' whilst the nipper grows up.

I work in education (ICT support - fnar) and I'm studying English part time... 'cause like, fuck IT and all that.

I hope you have a pleasant day, you old fart.

HsinHsin

ESL
Local time
Today 5:27 PM
-->
I'm an old windbag at 33

Welcome!

English is my second language and I just joined the forum recently. Everyone is so smart here so sometimes I feel like an idiot. But I am happy.

Are you born in the Year of Monkey?

Windbag

I am here to wheeze.
Local time
-->
welcome. Just assuming you're an INTP, then?

What's the family business? :P

<--20 yo

The family business is a boutique winery. I'm about to go back to school for an electronics engineering technologist program.

And yes I am an INTP.

Windbag

I am here to wheeze.
Local time
-->
Hi.

I'm 28, an INFJ and very happily engaged to an ENFJ. We have a baby girl on the way and we're currently in the process of doing up a ~ 65 year old house which will be our 'base' whilst the nipper grows up.

I work in education (ICT support - fnar) and I'm studying English part time... 'cause like, fuck IT and all that.

I hope you have a pleasant day, you old fart.

My day was most pleasant - thanks. We harvested our Merlot (10 tons) and processing went smoothly.

Yes, fuck IT. I believe that most career dissatisfaction is related to people choosing the wrong jobs for their personalities. I have tried to work outside of my personality for ten years and I am done with that.

HsinHsin

ESL
Local time
Today 5:27 PM
-->
I believe that most career dissatisfaction is related to people choosing the wrong jobs for their personalities.

Me too.

I guess I am happy to be a home maker (and thankful to whoever invented dish-washing machine).
Stable family life saves me from self-destruction.

pluviophile

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:27 AM
-->
Hello! I just started back to school this semester myself. I don't remember being this busy the first time around. Glad you could join us here!

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:27 AM
-->
Hello, and welcome. Just saw this thread.

I agree about the career advice. People are advised to find successful careers, but I think happiness becomes more and more valued as time passes.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
I'm an old windbag at 33

150-year old

So you are an ageist? I do not like ageism. I don't like generalizations as a whole, but particularly ageism. It's irrational. It tries to forcefully simplify that which is not simple. Your age has no direct relationship with what you can contribute. It is a popular worldview. People justify generalizations by saying that it's useful. Useful to what? Useful to you? We're talking about humans here. And even if you don't care about humans, it's only "useful" when you're unable to to think more logically.

Windbag

I am here to wheeze.
Local time
-->
So you are an ageist? I do not like ageism. I don't like generalizations as a whole, but particularly ageism. It's irrational. It tries to forcefully simplify that which is not simple. Your age has no direct relationship with what you can contribute. It is a popular worldview. People justify generalizations by saying that it's useful. Useful to what? Useful to you? We're talking about humans here. And even if you don't care about humans, it's only "useful" when you're unable to to think more logically.

When I was first married, I gave my wife flowers but pretty much ruined it by referring to them as reproductive organs.

As a younger man, I had no idea of the uphill battle that was ahead of me because of my personality, in terms of career and relationships.

View me as condescending if you will, but I'm here to help. Not that I have it all figured out, because I don't.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:27 PM
-->
Don't mind Words, he's too young to have relevant opinions! :phear:

:kilroy:

Top Bottom