• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hi

Jason43

Local time
Yesterday 10:42 PM
-->
I'm an introvert, so I'll keep it moderately brief... lol

I'm Jason, live in VA. Single Dad of two kids... military vet, own my own business dealing with antique motorcycles, tattoo collector... recently interested in typology... prior to finding this, I thought something was wrong with me growing up in a house full of ESFX personalities... I've enjoyed reading the posts here, so here I am...

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Hi Jason. Welcome to this forum. You might find a few thinkers here. Have a look around. See if anything grabs you.

How did you come by being a single dad of two kids ... if that's not to personal?

Jason43

Local time
-->
Hi Jason. Welcome to this forum. You might find a few thinkers here. Have a look around. See if anything grabs you.

How did you come by being a single dad of two kids ... if that's not to personal?

I was married, she had a lot of issues (BPD) and split. In retrospect I should have gotten out of it sooner but alas, that damned xxxP and its indecision... :confused:

Observer

Local time
Today 4:42 AM
-->
Welcome! I'm not the most active myself but I happen to be on a posting spree today.

Do you think being an INTP has made it more difficult to take care of two kids like that, compared to having been some other type?

Jason43

Local time
-->
I think its different being a parent with this personality type... I'm sure it has been discussed on here...

The things I had a hard time with was that as the marriage was falling apart, it was a lot for me to process and I was very in my own head, so much so that I couldnt deal with noise in the background, which is what kids tend to do... it took me about 6 months to process all of it and realize that you cant find rationalities in someone with mental problems. I mean, I knew that, but to really deal with it, thats about how long it took.

Since then I've become much better of a parent. I tend to be pretty hands off, I like to offer advise and let my kids make their own decisions. My son is 9 and an xNTJ so he is very much in charge of his own life even at this age, I've never asked him to do homework, he gets straight A's and is very easy to deal with unless he is bothering his sister.... haha!

My daughter is more introverted, shes 6 now.... I think she is INxP or something along those lines, maybe an INTP even... shes kind of a mess on the outside and in her own world a lot, has a harder time with school and doesnt like doing what they tell her. She is very smart too, reads constantly. We are very close.

I basically let them be their own people and treat them like little adults. My main issue is when they bother each other and pick with each other. When their mother left it actually made everything much more stable at home after dealing with the problems it created. Their mother and I actually have a somewhat positive relationship now, its been about a year and a half and she has started treatment for her issues. So its slowly getting better...

ShameFace

Local time
Yesterday 7:42 PM
-->
I'm an introvert, so I'll keep it moderately brief... lol

I'm Jason, live in VA. Single Dad of two kids... military vet, own my own business dealing with antique motorcycles, tattoo collector... recently interested in typology... prior to finding this, I thought something was wrong with me growing up in a house full of ESFX personalities... I've enjoyed reading the posts here, so here I am...

welcome.

I'm new here too.

I could never imagine being this type and being in the military. Was that completely by choice or are you from a military family?

Jason43

Local time
-->
welcome.

I'm new here too.

I could never imagine being this type and being in the military. Was that completely by choice or are you from a military family?

I really wanted to leave home. I got Europe in my contract and I had always wanted to go there. Also, I was 18 and didnt really understand myself as well as I do now. Naturally, I had issues with the authority and stupidity of it all, but I always retreat into my own head. I made a lot of very close friends and got to travel and see the world so that was my escape from the parts I didnt like. That said, I only did a 3 year contract and could not wait to get out by the end. I wouldnt advise the military to someone like me, but it accomplished what I wanted from it.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 7:42 PM
-->
Tattoo collector? Tell me more!

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 3:42 PM
-->
Hey! Sounds like you're surviving parenthood with a good perspective. Always helps to have healthy perspectives. Of course, here you can also forget your responsibilities and let the sillies run free. Welcome.

Top Bottom