• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

hi

JarNew

Banned
Local time
Today 8:37 PM
-->
I joined these forums a while back but was never really too active. I've forgotten my old username and password.

Recently I've had existential crisis after existential crisis and my real life identity has pretty much dissolved due to the superficiality which kept it together in order to communicate with my "Friends". (Thank you for your sympathy) /sarcasm

So I am back on the internet as an INTP forum browser until the time FEELS right? Or until I have an epiphany.

I've taken the myer briggs test every couple of weeks to a couple of months for the past year and I've consistantly tested as an INTP. ISTP once (during a great spiritual/nature/psychedelic phase in my life) and once as an INFP (I think I was depressed over a female).

What I find interesting is I strongly identify with Ennegram type 4, perhaps because of my spiritual beliefs/thoughts. Word

I joined INTPc but I was warned by ominous messages that :rip: was coming ,so here I AM looking for like minded inspirational individuals.

Peace

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 8:37 AM
-->
Peace? You peddle peace among us? Are you some unwashed hippie? What is this epiphany thing? What's with getting ominous messages? What's with 'I AM' as though you like.. have some metaphysical concept of being? Existential crisis? Identity? Like-minded inspirational individuals?

You think anyone here's going to relate to that?

I bet you even expect to find intelligent discussion, right?

We must be advertising around the wrong circles.

:smiley_emoticons_mr

Welcome, I think the username kind of sucks, but I've never liked the word jar. JarNew... new vessel... old one(s) broken (multiple times), identity freeform squeezed into online persona for purpose of reconstruction of self via interaction with minds of specific qualia that echo the content of the vessel....

welcome, welcome to the guf of minds. May your time be fruitful.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 5:37 AM
-->
yo man dude what up! I am the local Hippy go green peace! Don't eat the whales, (or gophers mind you). Welcome to a place thats greener and cleaner than you car.

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->

Lunaria eh?? Luna Lunar Moon feminine energy. I have a deep spiritual connection with the moon. I think you and I are meant to be, soulmates perhaps.

My name is Jared in reality so it was actually the first 3 letters of my name + a 3 letter word, I chose NEW -- for spiriutal purposes. I really like your interpretation though A LOT, I think my subconscious mind may have intended for something like that. It's as if you know me, soulmate;)

Let's get lunch on an MMORPG some time?

yo man dude what up! I am the local Hippy go green peace! Don't eat the whales, (or gophers mind you). Welcome to a place thats greener and cleaner than you car.

I often see your kind on the side of the road and I wheep to mother Gaia. I am no hippie though soul brother

Thanks

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
TIS I
281px-Rubens_saturn.jpg

lol

Never heard of him before. Seems like a totally cool dude though man:smoker:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 12:37 PM
-->
Welcome dude.

I think Enneatype 4 is more about aesthetics and creativity.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
Welcome.

This forum has a lot of people fleshing out what INTP is and the struggles they have. It's a nice place to hang out. It's kind of like a support group I guess. I don't know what else one would call it, maybe a club...

Then it seems there are those like myself, who come and go as they please, when they get bored. It's not like INTPs will feel abandoned- which makes it quite nice IMO.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
Today 3:37 PM
-->
I'll feel abandoned

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Welcome dude.

I think Enneatype 4 is more about aesthetics and creativity.
Double thanks. You're right, I just looked it up on a legit website. I was told I was a fraud on my intro to INTPc lol so I had some doubts.

Welcome.

This forum has a lot of people fleshing out what INTP is and the struggles they have. It's a nice place to hang out. It's kind of like a support group I guess. I don't know what else one would call it, maybe a club...

Then it seems there are those like myself, who come and go as they please, when they get bored. It's not like INTPs will feel abandoned- which makes it quite nice IMO.
The way you describe it makes it seem kind of depressing.

Word I'm in your group of forumbrowsers. When I joined this forum the first time I joined out of boredom, and left out of boredom.

mother Gaia? ring a bell? oh you meant not literally.
I meant I had never heard of Chronus, I do find him cool though. I was joking around, being a hippie when I referred to mother Gaia

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->

Firehazard159

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
Today 1:37 PM
-->
Welcome.

Aww, I'd feel abandoned too, and I rather like cookies! Any kind shall do, I'm not picky :D

You should definitely keep me company while the nommings of said cookies happens! <3

Anyway, welcome Jar ^_^

I'm not really fond of those letters either, I think maybe because it is similar to "jarred' which is like being jolted or shocked, which is quite unpleasant (though not always? Just has negative connotation in my head!). And I don't really see the point in an actual jar, other than maybe as like a vase or something. They seem rather silly and frivolous.

Not that I think you're particularly frivolous or silly, though you might be!

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
Today 9:37 PM
-->
Cookie Dinner Time!!

:dinnerinthesky:

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Thanks! Frivolous is a great word to describe me. new vocab word as well.

Jar as a vase? What purpose would that serve? Why not just use a vase? The jar is see through -- you'll see the dirty unpure water full of natural chemicals from the flowers, who wants to see that?. Vases look nice and hide the water's impurities - but they also take attention away from the flower, which should be the main attractor of attention, imo.

Jars are good at holding stuff, particularly weird stuff not used by everyone. Such as jalapeno peppers..

It seems rather silly and frivolous to use a jar as a vase, imo.

Maybe the reason YOU PEOPLE (ilafd) aren't fond of the letters in my name is because Jar consists of rounded letters followed by New which is rather pointy and sharp. Maybe your right brains are rather chaotic :borg:

If you wan't milk for the cookies don't hesitate to ask

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
You seem rather interesting. I love the predominant use of symbol, such as (perhaps) your avatar. For me, at least.

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Thanks man :D. I figured if corporations and government and the 'illuminati' were going to use my right brain and their own symbology to influence my life, then I should take control of that and use it to influence my own life.

We live in a world of symbols and people don't seem to realize how major symbolism is in the existance of humanity and on our own consciousness

What does your avatar represnt to you? If you don't mind sharing

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
Thanks man :D. I figured if corporations and government and the 'illuminati' were going to use my right brain and their own symbology to influence my life, then I should take control of that and use it to influence my own life.

We live in a world of symbols and people don't seem to realize how major symbolism is in the existance of humanity and on our own consciousness

What does your avatar represnt to you? If you don't mind sharing
Many different things at many different times (I've used this avatar for over 5 years). When I was a Christian, it represented the light of Christ, while the darkness was sin/satan. When I believed people were innately good, the light represented the light in man, while the darkness represented society and its tendencies to corrupt (I still want desperately to believe this, but simply can't). Currently, the light has been me... or rather, what I want to be: a shining light to the world, to the poor, hurt and desperate, to show them that there is a way. But I can't, because I don't know the way yet, or if there even is a way. The darkness in that case represents my own deep cynicism, criticism, and hatred of people. My thoughts.

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Interesting evolution. Do you think helping people is the Noble thing to do?

Not to sound like some oracle fulfilling your prophecy but you have the intention, now it's about finding the direction *refer to my avatar :p* [if there is any direction at all..]

I used to have that desire to help people but then I had a dream where I was a snake and everything was in color I was on this trail nature trail moving pretty fast down it, I then looked to my right and saw a window and through the window there was a bird flying, it was in black and white.

Best of luck, dream about it :angel:

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
I rarely remember my dreams... actually haven't remembered any in over a year.

That is a very interesting dream though. How do you interpret it?

Last night I fully realized my hatred for organized institutions and people in general. This probably strongly limits my ability to help others in any way.

Firehazard159

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
Today 1:37 PM
-->
Thanks! Frivolous is a great word to describe me. new vocab word as well.

Jar as a vase? What purpose would that serve? Why not just use a vase? The jar is see through -- you'll see the dirty unpure water full of natural chemicals from the flowers, who wants to see that?. Vases look nice and hide the water's impurities - but they also take attention away from the flower, which should be the main attractor of attention, imo.

Jars are good at holding stuff, particularly weird stuff not used by everyone. Such as jalapeno peppers..

It seems rather silly and frivolous to use a jar as a vase, imo.

Maybe the reason YOU PEOPLE (ilafd) aren't fond of the letters in my name is because Jar consists of rounded letters followed by New which is rather pointy and sharp. Maybe your right brains are rather chaotic :borg:

If you wan't milk for the cookies don't hesitate to ask

Wait, what? I thought vases were clear glass oftentimes, and jars were solid clay pot type things XD - that's been my experience at least :P

But now that you mention it, I guess I'm familiar with *that* kind of jar as well, although we always called it "canning" (which didn't ever really make much sense to me, since we used jars and not cans. Although I think my parents did call them canning jars.)

Oh, this silly world of fickle linguistics. However can we communicate properly?

paulannacone

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hi all. I am new here. I hope to gain and share lots from this forum as the topics here.

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Welcome, that's my intention as well.

Do I know you from somewhere? :cat:

Sorry I'm paranoid

I rarely remember my dreams... actually haven't remembered any in over a year.

That is a very interesting dream though. How do you interpret it?

Last night I fully realized my hatred for organized institutions and people in general. This probably strongly limits my ability to help others in any way.

I'm still really not sure how to interpret it. It just made sense haha I've tried to interpret it many ways but it's too much for me

Yea I really dislike other people too until I really get to know them. They seem superficial and empty and boring.

What if you find a way too help people while doing something that interests you :D
That's what I plan on doing at least.

@Firehazard159
I've always called what you call jars, pots.
Yea communicating properly with words really is a bitch. Maybe one day the illuminati will help us out and find a way to uhh attach some kind of beeper-like dictionary/thesaurus system device into our wrists.

Telepathy is also an option

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 7:37 PM
-->
Welcome.

Be careful not to knock the cards over on your way out.

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Thanks.

Check my profile if you want my phone number you look pretty cute in your avatar

Are you implying I'll be banned?

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
No...

I was merely making an illusive reference sir.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 195

JarNew

Banned
Local time
-->
Oh my apologies lol

I'm sleep deprives resulting in slight paranoia. I assumed that judging from my posts or some kind of pattern and your time here+post count that you were some kind of wise old timer on the forum. metaphorically speaking

I've only seen that show a few times, not enough to understand the reference.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
It's quite alright. After all, this is from a small and largely ignored oneshot that was added sometime after the actualy story concluded.

I'm sure there are those who have watched the series in all it's entireity and yet would still miss the reference.

It is quite a read...

Top Bottom