• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How are You today?

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
Today 8:39 AM
-->
I've noticed on some forums they have a place where you can drop a line about your current feelings/thoughts/mood, whatever.

So Here
I'm making a thread where you can drop a line (or vent, but I've mostly seen it used as like an "update status" sort of deal).

Why am I making such a thread?

Because I'm in a bad mood
(which is a result of not feeling too well due to getting three shots yesterday and not having any caffeine today?) When in my worst moods I become extremely impatient (even a bit nervous). I feel exasperated with all other people (perhaps all living creatures) and my attention span is non-existent. I've noticed when I'm sick I don't like other people around me. Sometimes my irritation in this state of mind leads to think I might just push someone down the stairs. I'm also not in the mood to explain my more in depth thoughts- I just want people to get them automatically.

I assume some of the things I mentioned are normal, all people would experience if they weren't feeling well. However I kind of wonder how an INFP/INFJ or an Exxx feels when they're ill.
That's not the reason I've made the thread though...

So drop a line here or whatever you want.
Hmm I hope it's not pointless to make such a thread?

Last edited:

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:39 AM
-->
Hmm I hope it's not pointless to make such a thread?
No, it isn't. I've been thinking about making this or a similar thread for a while now, I've just never gotten around to it (P).

Mischz

Local time
Today 4:39 PM
-->
I am feeling amused! As I do mostly. :p

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 9:39 PM
-->
How do I feel about... Green? It's making my head swim!

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 2:39 AM
-->
I feel as if music is the only honest thing in life. I'm tired of being disappointed by everything and everyone. Can I give up the knowledge and the cynicism and be innocent again? Right... I'll just be crushed again and end up jaded anyway...

Local time
Today 3:39 AM
-->
I feel great on one level because I think I look pretty good today. But then there's my day to day melancholy to deal with; the inevitable march toward death that seems to be littered with the willfully ignorant.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I have a cough which I think is now a part of me because it doesn't seem to want to leave. I'm off school for summer, so I'm growing adjusted to my life not being ruled by bells. I feel pretty content, because I'm not yet thinking that I could be making better use of my time before I have to go back to school again. I'm much more relaxed than I have been, I think not being around people all day has given me some tiem to restore. I've been being much more sociable and my INTP wit and charm are shining through in conversation (albeit mostly online).

All in all, I feel pretty carefree at the moment. I suppose I should be appreciating it more, since one day I'll always have cares. Nothing has come along to remind me of the fact that the world is an awful place, so I haven't suffered from any kind of disappointment, yet. Last night I was pretty angry about things and I think perhaps that emotional release was what I needed, since I've been pretty irritable from dealing with social politics, which seem to flourish in the last few weeks of school.

Hey, this thing's like a blog. Almost too much so for comfort.

Aphasia

Local time
-->
Somewhat buoyant. Weird, since my normal mood was slight annoyance/ pessimism/ resignation up til two years ago. Now I'm usually in a lightly optimistic mood after 8 am or so (2 hours after I wake up) up til late afternoons or early evenings.

Also, exam season is 2 months away or so. May be an important point.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:39 AM
-->
Bored. Not much work on saturday but I still have to be here, and to make things worse the forum is quiet. Hours are long when you want them to pass by and go flying when you need them (damn you subjective-time-perception!).

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
-->
Rather relaxed at the moment. Enjoying my first weekend off after my two week confinement in a military camp on Tekong (Tiny island close to the south eastern edge of Singapore).

Two weeks of? Hard physical training, regimentation, discipline, learning to adapt to idiocy and cowardice. Basically being a conscript. Though I must admit, we are quite well looked after. Safety standards are strictly adhered to, medical staff are always in standby during critical training, food is better than expected. If I do well I might even make officer. I would not be able to head an awesome gaming company, but if I signed on my future is pretty much water tight. That said, I am probably still not signing on.

Everything is laid out for us, the professional trainers who hold ranks in the army, the equipment, the supporting facilities. It's all a matter of will now. Work hard, rest well, toe the line and its all peachy.

Almost.

Have to keep up my S and J up at all times or I'd lose my sanity. I am really starting to appreciate keeping my S/N, P/J balanced right now. Its coming in quite handy as far as preventing psychosis is concerned. Maybe I should sign on for the navy, they have this humongous hardon for guys with engineering diplomas (me). The regimentation will still be there, but at least not the PT.

I cannot shake the dull pain that tells me that some part of my psyche is atrophying. Maybe its just a side effect of growing stronger? Maybe my round type is trying to force itself through a square hole? Yes, probably something like that. Or maybe its just diarrhoea.

Oh, and if intellectual stimulation were water, this place would be the god dam Sahara Desert. Besides my copy of Atlas Shrugged which I cannot be reading all the time, for fun I try to discern images from cloud patterns, figure out with my compass which way pointed towards me home (Computer with internet connection), and play pirate with the two eye patches I bought at the supremely underwhelming e-mart (They don't sell bandaids can you believe that?).

lol just look at me whine :rolleyes:

Actually feel great at the moment. Starting to appreciate the determination and work that is required to make sure a patch of dirt does not go to hell (war). When I took a walk through Toa Payoh town centre for breakfast this morning and saw the clean streets, straight angled buildings, the bored looking people going about their jobs, the shops opening for business, I felt a sense of accomplishment. As if I now had a part in keeping this lazy and complacent efficiency working the way it has been and should be.

Oh my god I just said something that is totally ISTJ. Perhaps my INTP inclination to adapt to situations is causing the switch. Oh well.

Mischz

Local time
-->
OOh. Oblivious you're also from Singapore! =D

*waves* And I like Ayn Rand too. Nice read.

Today I'm a little exhausted. Just played Granado Espada the whole afternoon levelling my Catherine (summmoner). She gained bout 20 levels so I'm quite happy. Now for some dota...

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
OOh. Oblivious you're also from Singapore! =D

*waves* And I like Ayn Rand too. Nice read.

Today I'm a little exhausted. Just played Granado Espada the whole afternoon levelling my Catherine (summmoner). She gained bout 20 levels so I'm quite happy. Now for some dota...

I played a beta of that game in English! The translations were hilariously bad, it was really very difficult to work out what was going on. Like, a quest-giver would say "Does when it has the <Oriental letters> ??" Then you'd click on one of two options in Korean hoping you'd get the right one, and be rewarded with a strange image of your character labelled in Korean.

Anyway, today I've been going up and down. I was pretty good when I got up, then became increasingly frustrated, culiminating in an impromptu barbecue (I don't like eating outside) at which I was served meat, insisted it was meat, was told that no, it was not meat, and then finally informed that actually I was correct just before I took a bite out of it. That, coupled with the strains of having a very Scottish family who love nothing more than to sit you down and comment on you and the other side of the family, led me to vent my frustrations in the form of a long rant over MSN to a friend, who found it all awfully funny. Now I've calmed down a bit and I feel quite content.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
well i just entered a relationship, and after a week and a half nothings gone sour. so im about as happy as ive been in a year or two.

Mischz

Local time
-->
I came in today intending to read/respond to the threads but I am simply too tired. Just talked to a friend for 3 hours online, giving him advice on relationships. *gged*

Goodnight everyone! :p

CowSavior

White Jesus
Local time
-->
I'm feelin' pretty bad today.

I simply don't understand teh femailz.
At least, not this one in particular...
I don't think anybody does.

CowSavior

White Jesus
Local time
-->
I'm feelin' pretty bad today.

I simply don't understand teh femailz.
At least, not this one in particular...
I don't think anybody does.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
Even though some things have been going amiss lately... like dogs running away and health...
I'm pleased to see this thread is still going and didn't just die or whatnot.

Aphasia

Local time
-->
Dying is for the alive :7

After reviewing some dates, I have decided that everything is going to happen on July. Lots of school stuff going on, plus my piano practical exam is going to come two weeks later, without my interest in practicing increasing... I'm so gonna fail.

murkrow

Local time
-->
I've decided this woman is going to dance when she listens to music and think I'm somewhat of a bore.

A firecracker I seek.

Mischz

Local time
-->
In July I will find a woman.

:D This reminds me of your post on regulated hours for sex.
You're very amusing.

Right now I know I should go to bed but I can't bring myself to do it. Feels like the whole day's been wasted away doing senseless stuff. Maybe I will continue reading Youth... and glean some gem of wisdom that will make me feel like I've done something worthwhile... so I can sleep!

Cabbo Pearimo

Local time
-->
I'm alright. I've started to drift into that danger area of being absolutely mediocre, so much so that even though I've decided to get a Carl Thompson bass, I'm only alright.

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm fine. I'm not in an exceptionally good mood right now, but I'm not unhappy either. I think the best word for this is "meh".

I really made this post so I could post this link:
http://xkcd.com/167/
Good attitude for avoiding depression.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
Im brain dead. the last week or so has been a non stop party amongst my friends.

murkrow

Local time
-->
I hate my job.

I should start my own business but fuck that.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 9:39 AM
-->
I am quite content in the moment. The last week of this semester (academic term) is now over, i wrote my exams (not bad, considering i did not work for them ;)), today was again LUG-evening (that is Linux-user-group-evening; just a regular evening where there are some people meeting and talking about Linux or any other thing they want. I do always enjoy that since the people really are nice).
But i am generally content now for the last year or two, so no new status there.

Ogion

alien530

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I am up way to late and I have work tomorrow morning.
Summer fucks with my internal clock.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
right now im pretty numb but i know in the morning im not going to be well.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Oh man. Yesterday evening (for me it is 8 in the morning right now), we had some barbecue with other students of a course of mine (our academic term has just ended). Anyways, i sat there, we were perhaps ten people, for surely 2 hours and was speaking some 20 words. And i listened to the discussions of the others, and i could only think: "What meaningless things keep others occupied. Such senseless and superficialness." And i longed for home with a book i had to read and something to eat i buyed just before the bbq. Now, is this social poorness of me, is it really a deficit, or am i right with my description of their talks? (My social consciousness says the first, but if i am honest i say the latter^^)

good, weekend
Ogion

Thread Killer

Never-Around Member
Local time
-->
Today was pretty good. Went to some writer's organization. I seriously need to write more but my mind goes conveniently blank before a blank sheet of paper or word document. Sucks.

Though I'm a Christian and stuff, I literally told ESTJ dad to fuck off (am I allowed to curse, here? I know, I know, read rules, w/e I'm not in the mood) for accusing me of playing games with idiot bf who has been gone for a while and I need to have a "talk" with him when we get the chance to tell him I'm dumping him. Whats' wrong with not wanting to talk with someone on phone because I have no tolerance for pointless meandering on BS topics?. Don't date ENTPs, guys. Other than that, I was pretty alright but idiots make it hard to enjoy life. Pieces of...whatever.

I need to do my poetry journal and crap for school. I love the INTP poets. They write good stuff. I wonder if T.S. Eliot was one. I feel like playing a good ol' console game...maybe Zelda. Hmm. I need to write more, listen to music and stop being uber pissed but I want to beat the crap out of some ignoramus, atm. I wish the world would leave me to my own devices without pushing their niceties on me. I'm nice enough but I'm not going to be fake just to make other people feel good at my expense.

Whatever. I suppose I should tag a little moral to my rant but I can't. Yay for rhyming.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
I am a bit depressed right now, because of reading Ayn Rand's AtlasShrugged. I mean, it seems to have so much potential, but for the moment (the part at which i am reading at the moment) it is really boring and depressing (long descriptions of how everything goes to hell at the hands of stupid government idiots and the withdrawal of the intelligent). I think it probably gets better in the next hundred pages, it just has to, but it is really hard to read on.

So for now i let it be and do something else. (Anyone who can promise me that it get's better?)

Good Night
Ogion

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It does, I mean, one does not necesarily read it for the plot, but for the ideas behind it, in that sense it becomes clearer as it goes (with the speech as its climax). Dont get me wrong, the plot is good too, the characters mostly are very interesting. It gets a little redundant at times, the main concepts are showed once and again till you almost get sick of it, but its worth it, great book. It would help to know which point are you at tho.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Well, i have a scanned version (a plain pdf...) and there it is page 361. But a better description would be: "CHAPTER II THE ARISTOCRACY OF PULL" and of that chapter a few pages. So at the moment Dagny is still after the inventor of that motor (that which transforms static athmospheric energy?) and has assigned a young scientist to that task. The economy is not far away from total breakdown, due to that Fair Share Act and such. Ok, probably you know where in the book i am now.
I mean, it feels all the time that just the next page, something has to happen, in that country as well as in the story telling.
And yes, i read that book mainly because of the philosophical and political issues (for which it had been advertised by fans). The persons, hm, for now there is none with which i really could relate. I feel with Dagny concerning the growing depression in light of the breakdown of society, but else? Reardon seems quite strange and 'dangerous' (speaking of emotional stability and such) to me. Ancona is probably very interesting, but for the moment he is not that much in the focus of the story.

Well, i will read on, just not now ;)

Ogion

severus

Local time
Today 1:39 AM
-->
Right at this moment I am mildly upset that my fingers are too short to reach a G chord on the guitar.
I am also anxious because I actually wrote an almost-friend of mine a letter, and he has not written back. I sent it a week ago and he lives in the next town over. This makes me feel disappointed that he won't write back at all, and also stupid for expecting him to.
On the other hand, I feel impatient because of course he'll write back, just give him some time, you paranoid freak!

Anyone else debate with themselves about things?

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Anyone else debate with themselves about things?

Haha, absolutely. My case is a little weirder I think, when someone says something significant that for example goes strongly but reasonably against what I believe; but the time is not right to discuss it or whatever, then I will have long imaginary discussions with them later. I have them talk and expose their arguments to the best of my ability (to the point of having a hard time countering them), and I expose mines, its like I dissociate for that time, like I dont control what they say.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Lol, i do that too sometimes (staging discussions with other people, in preparation or postprocessing). The negative thing to that is, that it leads to me not actually having this conversation. I mean, it feels like i already had it, and i convinced the person, because i did in imagination, but then it isn't important to me anymore to do it in real-life^

Ogion

severus

Local time
-->
Stupid Thomas. I got the letter from him and it was not worth waiting for.
I am deeply disappointed.

severus

Local time
-->
Today I am uber happy. Reply no.2 has just arrived, and it was much better than the first.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
ooh, I'd forgotten all about this thread.

what a beautiful day... I even locked the keys in the car about a mile away and had to run back here, grab new ones, and pick it up again, and it didn't even dampen my spirits. My brother is visiting from halfway across the country, I got him hooked on death note (never having seen anime before), and finally, finally, after a couple of years of searching and hunting down answers, with the information about infants' brain development I can't even think of a part of me that doesn't make sense (or at least isn't partially/adequately modeled by sciences).

sigh.... life is awesome.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
A friend I recently came back into contact with after several years is helping me through an emotional struggle. He told me that from a buddist's point of view suffering comes from attachment to temporal things. I don't know if its just the strong emotions getting to my head or the awakening of a long dead spiritualality. Probably both. I'm becoming as dissillusioned with science as I am with Religion. Moving on is a biiiiiiiitch.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
^ ^ that's good to hear.

severus

Local time
-->
Hooray there are people on this thread! For a while I was imagining it desolate with me making daily diary-like entries. I am still happy. I get an extra day to tour my new school because I have to attend a meeting because
they don't believe I have diabetes. Ridiculous people, but it is a good opportunity to figure out where my classes are.

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
Life is good. I just got back from my SECOND vacation in a row, so I'm happy to be home and reunited with t3h int3rw3bz. I'm also suffering a mild WoW relapse, but I'm never serious enough to get anywhere, though it is fun, sometimes. I swear this forum is my main source of intellectual stimulation.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
The post above was not my reply to Radioactive Springtime. I'm not glad R_S is having problems moving on.
I was replying to Severus' ubber happyness.

Aphasia

Local time
-->
My mood's changed back and I feel like talking today :) In case nobody noticed, I felt like keeping quiet and didn't post for 3 weeks or so. Also, I didn't initiate much conversation. But now everything's good, so who cares.

I'm also supposed to do my mountains of work (not really), but whatever.

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
Don't worry about it, problems do serve a purpose. While I am having an extroardinarily hard time letting her go (even though she hasnt talked to me in a week or two) It just means the next time this happens I'll be that much more experianced at letting go. And another thing, You can never fully appreciate what you have until its gone. And I guess my price for motivation was a relationship.

severus

Local time
-->
Guess what? I actually saw people! It's about the third time this summer.
Yesterday I had a friend over and we did more than just watch a movie. And we called friend no.2 to compare class schedules.
Then today I called friend no.3 to compare schedules with her and we actually had a conversation besides that. AND I went to a student formed discussion over our summer reading books. With a fair bit of socializing, so it counts.
I also have on amazing pants. And I got my guitar lesson over with. (I do love the guitar & learning new things on it, I just dread going to the lesson.) So, I am very good.

One week until school! Oh dear.

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
I have 2-3 weeks! Hah!

Top Bottom