• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

How Many Meals Per Day?

Clark

Banned
Local time
Today 10:12 AM
-->
How many meals do you eat per day? I used to eat three meals, but we started cutting back. I started off a little hard to adapt, but because of my work schedule, it's become easier to operate on just two meals and a snack.

Valentas

Local time
-->
It depends.Yesterday I forgot to eat at all. Ended up in front of computer for 8 hours. I am learning Javascript currently, and follow 6 week schedule to finish it.

Usually, when I remember to eat, it is 5 meals a day.

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
Today 4:12 AM
-->
I don't stick to any semblance of a meal schedule unless I'm forced to by my parents. I wake up at noon and so have lunch for breakfast and in general just eat whatever is available whenever I'm hungry.

BloodCountess88

Guardian of the Gates
Local time
Today 5:12 AM
-->
I eat 8 meals a day, 250-300 cal each.

I lift heavy weights, and I'm really active. I'm very aware of what I eat, I eat really clean and mostly high protein and raw vegetables, I don't like hot food and I tend to keep my blood sugar stable, basically I eat a lot of brain foods and do the pairing.

I have health issues, stress induced hypertension my diet and lifestyle has to be a certain way or I'm back on blood pressure pills and feeling like crap.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 6:12 PM
-->
three meals or more if I need to do intense physical exertion.

Two meals or just one rice meal with some fruits if I don't have to.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 7:42 PM
-->
2-4 meals a day + snacking.

I'm lazy, but trying to gain weight.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:12 PM
-->
It doesn't really matter as far as I know. It varies from person to person and so long as you're receiving the right amount of nutrients and other stuff each day, there's no real limiting factor.

Though to make one point, the more often eat the worse it is for your teeth.

LightOfAnima

Captain
Local time
-->
My parents force me to est three times a day, usually, although yesterday I managed to skip a meal. Truly, I am incapable of feeling hunger, and wish to lose some weight, so I expect to eat somewhat less at college ^-^

galaticgoose

u wot m8
Local time
-->
If I'm going to school, then 3 meals.

If I'm on holiday or at home I'll have 2. I just eat a huge breakfast and, if I need something throughout the day, a coffee sorts me out.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
I do best on two, 7AM and 2PM usually. During the winter I'll sometimes have a light meal later too.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Inf si, I don't know what hunger or thirst is, I swear ive gone a day or two forgetting to eat, sleep. If I get cranky I realize I am lacking in either of the aforementioned.

Just eat whenever the acid in my stomach begins to hurt.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:12 PM
-->
I have breakfast at 5pm, a light meal at 8pm, my main meal at 11pm and then maybe a bowl of cereal or some instant noodles at 7am before I go to bed. Sometimes the main meal I have at 1-2am if I'm not feeling hungry, in which case it's unlikely that I'll have anything before my next "breakfast".

My diet consists largely of sushi, Moss Burger, occasionally a convenience store sausage roll, of which I eat sushi more than anything else, meanwhile the main meal is usually either pasta or roast chicken, good grief I'm sick of chicken, give me meatloaf any day of the week, I don't care if it's abattoir floor scrapings, I love abattoir floor scrapings.

Raw fish and abattoir floor scrapings, that's what I like to eat.
Oh and mushrooms, mushrooms are catnip for Coggy.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
1-2 generally, with snacks (typically fruit.) The exercise I do is largely walking, so I find I don't get hungry that much.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Today 3:12 AM
-->
I eat a piece of fruit for breakfast around 7am.
I have a cup of tea around 8am.
I have another piece of fruit or a home made salad around 10am.
I have some sort of small lunch at 12 or 1. Often hummus and veggies, or sometime sushi if I can afford it. Sometimes a sandwhich. Mostly stuff that's easily portable when walking to work that morning.

I don't generally feel hungry for the rest of the afternoon. I'll eat some semblance of a meal thrown together from what I have in my fridge and from my CSA that week for dinner.

I walk about 3 miles every day round trip and I do some small amount of muscle definition exercises to keep strong when I feel like it equallying roughly 3 hours a week.

Spirit

ISTP Preference
Local time
-->
2 "meals" and 1 snack. I can go without eating or thinking about it much longer than most people I know.

First meal 10 am
Snack between 4-7
Light meal 9pm

BloodCountess88

Guardian of the Gates
Local time
Today 5:12 AM
-->
Though to make one point, the more often eat the worse it is for your teeth.

Not if you eat clean foods with a low PH balance (fruit, veggies) and brush your teeth 3 times a day. I haven't had a cavity in 10 years :D.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 6:12 AM
-->
Food. Ugh.
My nemesis.

I eat a small breakfast.

I eat one larger meal and one smaller one -- it depends on the day whether that is lunch/dinner or dinner lunch.

I also typically have a yogurt during the day on the weekdays.

My issue is more with any other crap that gets eaten during the workday (from people putting stuff out) or later in the evening when I'm bored or tired.

Some of it's because I am orally fixated, so I like having something in my mouth. I like things I can crunch, typically (not soft things). At work, sometimes I'll hold a plastic highlighter in my mouth to give me the feel of something there, without it being anything I can consume.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 11:12 AM
-->
my new dish is pork chops or something put in oven for 12 hours then forgotten in cold oven for 24 hours then fried

a very wholesome meal

the forgetting is especially crucial. a difficult technique hard to perfect and therefore often shunned in favour of more straight-forward ones.

Local time
-->
the forgetting is especially crucial. a difficult technique hard to perfect and therefore often shunned in favour of more straight-forward ones.

I have a recipe for 'forgotten gateaux' if you'd like to increase your repertoire...you never know - you might have a date or something :eek:

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:12 AM
-->
I eat when ever I feel hungry.

I have tried to say on the 3 meals a day path at some points, however, I rarely ever remember to eat breakfast in the morning.

I get hungry and generally eat a smallish lunch between 11am-2pm. I then try to remember to prepare my wife and I some dinner around 5pm. It is important to do this meal on time because my hates eating to late or early and she doesn't cook. I don't really care for cooking but its better then starving.

My evening meal is normally quite large. Because I have often forget to eat the rest of the day. Especially if I am working on something I find even the slightest interesting.

Top Bottom