• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Humans as BIO-nanobots?

Umberto

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:12 AM
-->
Today we estimate the age of the Universe to be cca 13.8 billions years. Lets picture the Universe as 14 years old child. This child had difficult delivery, the doctors had to use the "Big Bang Operation" (like a c-section). Later the doctors found, that the child has severe decease - Planets/Galaxies (like cancer?). They have decided to apply the BIO-nanobot treatment. They have injected the "BNBs" (with meteroids). First just to test if the BNBs could survive (dinosaurs). After the experiment was successful, they have sent another meteoroid. New BNBs were programmed to destroy the planet and move to another. But they need time to start the treatment. It is still nothing to the age of Universe. The warming of the Earth is immune reaction...

OR!

We are the illness...

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:12 PM
-->
If someone made a nanobot weapon that's designed to enter living cells and use those cells to make more nanobots it would look exactly like a virus because that's exactly what a virus is.

I have a theory that there's been an interstellar war in which these nanobot weapons were used to wipe out the population of entire planets and we evolved in the aftermath of that war.

Having evolved in an environment contaminated by these nanobots we have an inherent resistance to them, which is why everyone else in the galaxy is avoiding us, they think we might be vectors developed by the nanobots to carry out their deadly programming.

Umberto

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Well I´ve never really thought about biology. It´s not my thing. But the treatment can act like a virus, right? (Does any treatment does that nowadays?)

Your theory is interesting. Did the nanobots "died" or are they still around (you´ve said we are resistant...)

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
On a molecular level biology is indistinguishable from machinery, it's all just arrangements of atoms doing stuff.

What we call viruses are actually alien nanobots, they're constantly trying to kill us and often succeed but overall life goes on, we're able to live in spite of being under constant attack by these nanobots because for us they're just a feature of our environment. But the aliens that developed these nanobots and deployed them as weapons have absolutely no resistance to them, they never evolved a resistance to nanobots because they don't occur naturally, we only think they're natural because they've been here longer than we have.

These nanobots (what we call viruses) aren't intelligent as such but they're constantly evolving, becoming ever more sophisticated in order to defeat our ever increasingly sophisticated defenses. Indeed some of them don't harm us, they just use us as vectors, some go dormant and wait for our immune systems to be compromised before attacking again, some influence our behaviour (causing coughing and sneezing) to make us better at distributing them.

To the aliens every human is a carrier of an entire ecosystem of these highly sophisticated pathogenic weapons, a single human on a planet is enough to warrant that entire planet being quarantined. Because even if the human and the entire area around them is vaporized the risk of even a single airborne pathogen escaping and finding a host is simply too great.

If a single alien aboard one of their colony ships is revealed to be infected the alien fleet hunts down and vaporizes that ship, the entire ship and everyone aboard it, there is an absolute zero tolerance policy, anything less would be insufficient.

The aliens could destroy us, send Earth into the sun, but they don't because they covet our immunity to their most powerful weapon, they want that immunity for themselves, with it they could conquer the universe by making every world inhospitable to any life but their own, as we could if we had their interstellar technology.

Umberto

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hm... Interesting. I´ll think about it. I thought I found a flaw in your theory, but there is the last paragraph...

According to your theory there could be real alien testing of humans. However everything is done remotely-abduction, experimentation, restoration. After sending the results the ships will self-destruct. Am I correct?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
According to your theory there could be real alien testing of humans. However everything is done remotely-abduction, experimentation, restoration. After sending the results the ships will self-destruct. Am I correct?
Probably just flown into the sun, it seems wasteful but for an interstellar empire this is a trivial expenditure of resources, like Russia sending robots into Chernobyl with no intention of retrieving them once they've served their purpose. Not that there's abandoned alien ships about, letting humans gain access to such technology would be a cataclysmic fuck up.

Edit: The abduction theory explains why the abductees so often end up having intercourse with their abductors or some alien/human hybrid, they're here to steal our genes!

Jean-stealers!!!
dbo4x5u-ef6bebe6-7aac-4734-b908-8baf9f1d725b.jpg

Top Bottom