• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

Hydrogen vs ethanol vs electric car

sushi

Local time
Today, 13:49
what can replace fossil fuel and become fuel of the future.

I heard alot of neg press about hydrogen being crap, only Japan is invested it.

but then ethanol and biodesiel is takes alot of land to grow, and you have to sacrfice food crops to grow fuel crops. and ethanol energy isn't as good as oil.

so what can replace oil and power our carbon free transportation? if you have any other efficient fuel source and elements you want to share, feel free to do it.

Cognisant

Condescending Bastard
Local time
Today, 02:49
People will go electric before they turn to bio-fuels because that fuel can't get any cheaper but you can always build more nuclear power plants and we're not going to run out of uranium any time soon.

Hydrogen already can't compete with batteries and if energy density is your goal there's better fuels you can synthesize, it's just more energy intensive to do so, which won't matter in a fusion energy economy.

sushi

Local time
Today, 13:49
People will go electric before they turn to bio-fuels because that fuel can't get any cheaper but you can always build more nuclear power plants and we're not going to run out of uranium any time soon.

Hydrogen already can't compete with batteries and if energy density is your goal there's better fuels you can synthesize, it's just more energy intensive to do so, which won't matter in a fusion energy economy.
My current hypothesis is that they are not going to use biofuels because its even worse than petro in terms of energy density and efficiency, though i still lack data. Biofuels won't be mass consumed like petroleum and fossil fuels.

Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe and on earth in oceans so obviously its going to go hydrogen or some other kind of synthetic fuel.

Top Bottom