• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I just watched an episode of Big Bang theory

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 6:39 PM
-->

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:39 PM
-->

That would be cheating!

Local time
-->
My colleagues at work and family compare me to sheldon about every other day.

Fwiw though im thinking sheldon is way more of an intj. The distinction can be subtle to be sure.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
Today 10:39 AM
-->
I find the show retarded. The main dude is annoying as well especially how he appears in Intel commercials. He reminds me of nerdy/geeky ISTJ's and ISFP's.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:39 PM
-->
He reminds me of nerdy/geeky ISTJ's and ISFP's.

"science, alrite. like, facts and shit. crazy, huh? did you know [something irrelevant]? mind blown; there actually are other things than my daily routine! whoah. if you don't share my peculiar excitement you are narrow minded."

and then... yeah, they're the narrow minded ones because they put everything not mundane in some special box and keep it at a distance, allthewhile claiming ownership over this realm of chaos and confusion. too scared to confront abysmal. religious shit. that's the religion of "scientism".

sensors gonna sense. :D

roguedoll

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I like it, although something seems to have changed in the last year or two. It's suddenly very predictable. (Either that or I finally marathon watched enough of it to have it pegged...)

SolarCycler

Compressionshirt
Local time
Today 12:39 PM
-->
I tried to watch it once, seeing how popular it was, and I hated it. I must like the characters, read that as must like one beautiful girl, in the show to give it a chance long enough to like it. Of course there's exceptions like British shows.

Shows that I love might get one season, and ones I dispise go on too long, go figure :confused:

Draco

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Sheldon is a lovely bastard, but the others characters seem to make the show quite bland, even though they balance out the the levels of intelligence presented on the show.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I like some of the humor and stuff, but I will agree that it's gotten worse over the years.

Local time
-->
i find the show annoying because I find nerd culture itself annoying

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
i find the show annoying because I find nerd culture itself annoying

Ah yes, the multitude of people wearing novelty t-shirts implying they're sarcastic and funny. Almost forgot about those people who want to be nerds or INTPs. Take into account LootCrate, a company dedicated solely to bleeding these losers dry.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 7:39 AM
-->
Because people have said I reminded them of Sheldon, I decided to watch the pilot episode. Didn't even get halfway through it. I don't see the resemblance other than being a little socially awkward. All the show's jokes are based on geek/nerd stereotypes. It really isn't that funny. It's like having a show about african american culture and putting in a laugh track every time they eat chicken or watermelon. I mean wtf, it's just not funny if it's serious.

charliepoo

Local time
-->
I haven't watched this show personally but a friend of mine was just expressing his disdain for it. Apparently the entire show is making fun of nerds. And that's it.

From what I understand, It's just like Screech from saved by the bell, or Urchel from that show Family Matters. It's a modern day show where instead of the token obnoxious character, it's an entire cast of nerds (i.e. obnoxious to the SJ/SP society we live in) who they're forced to embrace due to our value in the now.

so it's a show where they're made fun of, but not as blatantly as they were in the 80's such as the aforementioned.

Sly-fy

Local time
Tomorrow 3:39 AM
-->
The characters in that show are the worst of the worst, immature Asperger`s kids with a superiority complex and emotional dysfunction, the likes of which should not be allowed to reproduce (and thankfully, they`re unlikely to anyway.)

Nofriends

Banned
Local time
-->
I stopped watching because I did not like the way they treated Stewart, granted he is weird.
It kind of brings back memories from many of my cringeworthy experiences as an adolescent and the fact that I have a shit social life.

Sensi Star

Local time
-->
To me, sheldon projects an image of feminism. Thats just my opinion, others may see it differently.

This is probably due to the fact that the actor playing Sheldon is gay (the feminine type) in real-life. This aspect of him leaks through his portrayal, even though he's a great actor.

I'm pretty sure the makers of the show intended the character of Sheldon to be A-sexual rather than homosexual.

Top Bottom