• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

If you could get the answer to any question , which one would you ask?

sadintp

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:07 PM
-->
Hello fellas , I'm wondering which question would you guys make if you had a response for it no matter what you're asking.

Mine would be : Which kind of game is this ?

Sent from my Redmi 6 using Tapatalk

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 4:07 PM
-->
What question would you always answer when asked given you know the answer?

Non, it is impossible that answering it could not in some way be used against me.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:07 AM
-->
You're obligated to answer, not to tell the truth.

moody

Local time
Today 3:07 PM
-->
I think whether or not what I experience is physically "real," as in it is occurring in the universe and not a very complex hallucination while robots have already taken over the earth. But then I don't know if I could handle being told something like if we really are "in the matrix".....

Something I COULD handle would be getting the answer to: What are some discriptions of alien planets and life that exist ouside of earth? (if not a yes or no question, and based of the contingency that there is life elsewhere in the universe. I wouldn't want to waste my one question on "do aliens exist?" when it's totally feasible that they do).

CatGoddess

Local time
Today 5:07 PM
-->
This is quite similar to the other thread where you die and meet the ruler of the Universe. My question, though: How do I not die? Pretty basic, I know. For more creative answers: Where's Waldo? When will Half-Life 3 be released? What is love? (baby don't hurt me)

@moody But if you can't escape the illusion, it doesn't really matter that you're in one. It has no effect on anything; it's like finding out that you own ten winged unicorns in a dimension inaccessible to you. You can't do anything about it, so it has no real meaning in your life. Though, it would certainly be nice if life were a nightmare, because then I could wake up to something better by an order of magnitude.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 7:07 AM
-->
Hmm, how about when will I die?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wait @Cognisant but we already know pi = 22/7?
I hope that was a joke :p

besides, pi is an irrational number – it's physically impossible to get its complete decimal expansion

as for me, I don't see too much value in having one question answered, but I guess I would use it on some unsolved mathematical/scientific question, e.g. is N=NP? Or, what is a cure for a particular type of cancer, etc.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
that would be a great thing. If some superhuman deity appeared and granted us one question answered with certainty, in this chaotic world, and as the whole world watches you and hold their breath as you are about to ask the question, you say: ... why is yo mom so fat

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
How exactly can I make you, in a way applicable to the physical and temporal constraints placed on me, answer truthfully, positively, simply and succinctly, so that I could understand, an unbounded amount of questions?

Second option is asking multiple questions in a single sentence.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 8:07 AM
-->
What is the answer with context to the question I should ask?

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Either :

-Why/how is there something rather than nothing? (and does the question even make sense?)

Why/how are there qualia?

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Tomorrow 12:07 AM
-->
How can humanity keep developing more powerful tools without annihilating itself?

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 6:07 PM
-->
Why am I doing this?

Lol

Top Bottom