• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INFJ dream

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 10:43 PM
-->
I had a dream. Something told me that if I grab onto being an INFJ I would be an INFJ. It was an act of will to be one.

So should I be INFJ or continue being INFP?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
It doesn't matter but Wolfychu is actually ISFP.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I am an Introverted Feeler. No doubt.

But I am also an intuitive.

AntaresVII

Lord of Outlandia
Local time
Yesterday 9:43 PM
-->
Beyond the reaches of time, wandering among dreams
Which nightmares do you prefer?

It seems to me that it amounts to a choice between sets of problems. I guess that's fair enough, but I have to ask, what do you stand to gain?
And if it's equal ground, the Devil you know, right?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Which nightmares do you prefer?

It seems to me that it amounts to a choice between sets of problems. I guess that's fair enough, but I have to ask, what do you stand to gain?
And if it's equal ground, the Devil you know, right?

It is not a matter of problems (a thinker issue) but of accuracy and preference. I am least like poppy more like wolfychu. That is because of the Fe vs Fi difference. The issue of Ne vs Ni is totally different because it is less clear. Ni is inside poppy Fe is outside poppy. Fi is inside wolfychu Se is outside her. I know Ni is not inside me Fi is. But if Ne is outside I just have no idea because I prefer the inside to the outside.

AntaresVII

Lord of Outlandia
Local time
Yesterday 9:43 PM
-->
Beyond the reaches of time, wandering among dreams
It is not a matter of problems (a thinker issue) but of accuracy and preference. I am least like poppy more like wolfychu.
If you've already concluded that you're more like one than the other, and it's only a matter of accuracy & preference than surely you have your answer, no?

But, then, why say
if I grab onto being an INFJ I would be an INFJ. It was an act of will to be one.
If it is an act of will, than accuracy is irrelevant. The role of will is to change reality, redefining what is 'accurate' to it.

And if it is a matter of willful change, then preference is presumably an issue of deciding that another option would suit your purposes/self better, that it has some advantage over the status quo. Thus, my question, what do you believe there is to be gained?

As for 'sets of problems', I refer to the options thus because whatever you might gain you also stand to lose something. Everything comes with tradeoffs, and all options for human life seem to involve their fair share of nightmarish hell. So to restructure yourself around a different set of strengths & weaknesses is a major cost which, unless very needful, is ultimately a net loss.
Thus, the devil you know: The nightmares you have to deal with in the present are at least marginally familiar, somewhat predictable. Making a major change means a whole slew of extra problems you have no way of anticipating until after you hit them.
The primary advantage of staying where you are is the local expertise, and usually what will get people to move from where they stand is not promise of reward but surety of destruction.
So the question I pose is whether you believe effecting a change will avoid a nightmare greater than the one you incur by making it.

None of this is to say I don't think you have such a reason, the question of 'is this identity accurate to my actual self' is certainly one which, if gotten wrong, can wreak havoc in all sorts of ways.
I'm just curious as to what prompts you to believe that there is such a discrepancy, and why your proposed destination in particular would be better.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
So the question I pose is whether you believe effecting a change will avoid a nightmare greater than the one you incur by making it.

None of this is to say I don't think you have such a reason, the question of 'is this identity accurate to my actual self' is certainly one which, if gotten wrong, can wreak havoc in all sorts of ways.
I'm just curious as to what prompts you to believe that there is such a discrepancy, and why your proposed destination in particular would be better.

It happened in a dream. So I was wondering if the dream was true. I still have a poor sense of types so I needed more distinction between INFJ and INFP. I really do not think a type is an act of will. I expected others to elaborate. Why would my dream tell me this? Did I have this dream because I am INFJ? Why not INFP?

I need to know what INFP / INFJ is. I cannot just take an act of will and be INFJ if I don't know what I am actually becoming. My dream did not tell me.

If poppy really is INFJ / an accurate representation of one. Then I finally know what it is like to be INFJ. Not be one just what it is like. I did not know they were so alien from what I am. I thought I could relate in some way and find out what it was to be one that way but this was Fi so I failed to think they would be alien. poppy is alien and I am not. If I were to become like that I would need to do alot of work. It would be a perspective shift.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 4:43 AM
-->
I had a dream. Something told me that if I grab onto being an INFJ I would be an INFJ. It was an act of will to be one.

So should I be INFJ or continue being INFP?
I tend to think of dreams as messages from your subconscious.

I would imagine that your subconscious is telling you that you've developed your intuitive & feeling functions so much, that you are no longer tied to Fi & Ne, and can go either way now.

So at this point, as far as your subconscious goes, it's quite happy either way. So it's a choice for you.

But I doubt that your subconscious would be saying that you could be an INFJ or an INFP, if you clearly preferred being an INFP.

I would imagine that it's saying that you can probably get what you want, if you want to, as you have the capacities of an INFJ and an INFP.

You just have to choose what you want, and go after it.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
It happened in a dream. So I was wondering if the dream was true.
I think of dreams as messages from the subconscious.

I still have a poor sense of types so I needed more distinction between INFJ and INFP. I really do not think a type is an act of will.
INFJs are Ni-doms. Ni-doms talk about life as if everything they do is an act of will. So being an INFJ itself, is an act of will.

I expected others to elaborate. Why would my dream tell me this? Did I have this dream because I am INFJ? Why not INFP?
Jung didn't say that INFPs have Fi and Ne. He simply said that they are Introverts with Feeling and iNtution as their two top conscious functions. So in Jungian terms, INFPs have Fi AND Fe, and have Ni AND Ne.

That's also supported by cognitive functions tests, because invariably, INTJs score highly in Te AND Ti, but higher in Te, and score highly in Ni AND Ne, but higher in Ni.

So it's often the case that INFPs who are a bit older like yourself have developed their Fi AND Fe, and their Ne AND Ni.

I need to know what INFP / INFJ is. I cannot just take an act of will and be INFJ if I don't know what I am actually becoming. My dream did not tell me.
Mostly, INFJs focus on a goal, and then go for it.

Their intuition tells them what is the best choice automatically. Jung pointed out that intuition and feeling are both rooted in the subconscious. So intuition rides on feelings.

Watch Antonio Damasio's videos on tests of people who had brain damage to the parts of their brain that handle emotions, and equally said that they don't feel feelings like love anymore. The unemotional ones did really badly on experiments designed to mimic the challenges involved in real-life decision-making.

So being an INFJ, almost makes you a superstar. I've seen them do things. They just seem to come up with answers and do them without thinking, that works amazingly well, without even trying.

They're also very good socially, and get on with most people.

They're also very aware of morals and usually are able to go for their goals without hurting people.

Where they have to be careful, is if they get too intensely emotional about something, then their intuition stops working well, and then they can be lead into problems.

As long as they don't get very upset or very angry about something, they seem to perform better than most people.

If poppy really is INFJ / an accurate representation of one.
I don't really know anything about Poppy. I only know that unpleasant image of her is nothing like the INFJs I know.

What I do know, is that I've noticed that when a friend has been talking to an INFJ, and then she'd gone off to talk to someone else, they said that it felt like they'd been in blazing sunshine and it felt like the Sun had disappeared.

That's how it feels around INFJs. They just naturally make people feel so good about themselves, that when they're not there and your day goes back to normal, it feels like you've been plunged into darkness.

poppy is alien and I am not.
They're not alien. But they feel alien compared to most people. They often get on with INTPs, because INTPs also feel like they are aliens and they can thus relate.

INTPs usually feel like they are more alien than INFJs. But we don't tell them that. We don't want to hurt their feelings.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Are you saying that type is just delayed development and that once integrated all functions make no distinctions? I become all types when I've developed far enough?

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Are you saying that type is just delayed development and that once integrated all functions make no distinctions? I become all types when I've developed far enough?
Cognitive functions are tools that the brain uses for making decisions.

Some people drive cars with automatic transmissions because they're uncomfortable driving cars with manual transmissions. Some people drive manual cars because they're uncomfortable with automatics.

Once someone can drive any type of car very competently and very easily, then the driver is no longer a "manual driver" or an "automatic driver". It's just a question of which type of car is better for each situation.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
In my opinion, you cant change functions. Jung said that leads to psychotic symptoms. Inmagine reversing being an extrovert to an introvert. It just would not work

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Definitely INFJ they are better type. INFP are too melancholic and whinny.

INFJs are vindictive and moralistic sadists.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
INFJs are vindictive and moralistic sadists.

I don't like sam harris.
Me neither.

Though some of his arguments are good, his whole idea that everything is fault of religion is kind of naive given that religions don't exist in vacuum.

He is what I call entertaining analyst.

Worthy of Dilbert comics.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Because of the psychosis I recently experienced I get a deeper grasp of Ni and Si. Ne, Se.

Music was speaking to me, I thought I was in the hospital when I wasn't.

Si is like being an animal. Ne is every thought realized to be in reality.

What if the a.i. took over. BAM, Ne makes it true.

Ni - sees the future. Ne is warped possible reality but Se is crystal clarity.

Ni - is also archetypal, music becomes you, you live the music.

Poppy experiences psychosis without the fear animals experience.

I call this emotionally stable psychosis.

What I experienced was SiNe psychosis. But intermediary with NiSe psychosis. I felt like I was seeing the future and reading minds. but I knew it was not true, I was unstable.

Si is gut instinct Ni is just knowing So from my experience I am actually ISFJ neither INFP nor INFJ. @QuickTwist was right.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
What I experienced was SiNe psychosis. But intermediary with NiSe psychosis. I felt like I was seeing the future and reading minds. but I knew it was not true, I was unstable.
It takes practice. Reading minds is not easy.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Si is emotional, it is different from Ni because Ni knows what will happen but Si gets a gut impression. This is the whole body sensation.

Fi is emotional as well as Si but the emotion is not leading up to something, a cause out there rather Fi is warm fuzzies in attachments. Or icky. Fe is attachment also but less in the self as in causing warm fuzzies but a longing. Fe wants to go towards the attachment. Fi feels the attachment is coming to them.

SiFe looks at an object and detects if the object is good or bad. The Si sensation lets the INFJ know on an instinctive level what something "is". Fe then becomes in relation to the object. Fi would feel what the object is. Fe positions where in relation Fe wants the object to be.

Si - sensation telling what something is.
Fe - the position one wants an attachment to be in relation to.

Fi - the feeling of attachment one has just knowing the object exists.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
INFJ has Ni know things so Fe is just arrangement of atachments.

INFJ knows how to arrange attachments.

ISFJ knows what something is and wants to arrange it.

INFP knows what attachments feel like Fi and by Ne comes up with imaginations of attachments.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Fi - feel attachments
Fe - arrange attachments

Ti - order thoughts
Te - execute plans

Si - sense internally what is
Se - sense externally

Ni - know what is predicted