• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTJ / INTP / INFJ function stacks

Intpeejee

Redshirt
Local time
Today, 04:08
My first post in this forum. I will try to make it as brief and clear as possible. It has been a long time on a forum (I am an old guy) so i hope some things have changed (like being insulted because you consider the question dumb).

INTJ = Ni, Te, Fi, Se
INTP = Ti, Ne, Si, Fe
INFJ = Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

I have been doing some deep research into Myer Briggs. I am in a loop where I can't to seem to get out of. At work, we have a business coach, he has been a MBTI certified coach for over 20 years and I find this stuff fascinating.
Besides that, I read several books on the topic: Please understand me, the art of speed reading people and I think I have read around 10 books on the subjects. On the internet, I have spend hours.
It's very interesting to me. But, it's not hard science so there is no real conclusion (however, Albert Einstein would probably say "hard science" doesn't have a real conclusion neither).

The thing is... I have done the tests several times now (I think I am at 10+), I also did one that is recommend on this forum, I did that one last night.

In the beginning.. INTJ came across a lot... but, it kept switching between INTP and INTJ. But since a month or so, INFJ is popping up.

The switching between INTJ and INFJ seems a bit obvious actually. They both have introverted intuition as their dominant function. INTP, however, has Introverted thinking and extraverted intuition.

On those function stacks, I also read a lot but I still don't grasp it within my own personality. It's almost impossible to look into the mirror with a clear view without having some serious biases / blind spots.

I might for example simply do not want to admit I am lazy fuck... so I feel very INTJ like, because well.. those are the go getters.

Funny enough.. I let my mom do the test "for me" (so, "fill it in like you where me, mom") ... and that was an INTP.

It should actually not matter that much. Because, will I live a different life tomorrow if I knew for sure I was an INTJ? No. The same goes for INTP and INFJ...
But I do hate it that I don't seem to recognize what my dominant function is. And I also hate it that all of a sudden a F type is in my "tests" (it's not a test.. it's not a score. But for a lack of a better word.......).

Also, if I want to "improve" myself.. I believe I should focus most on my driver and on my co-pilot. So that messes things up a bit. Let's asume, I go with the INFJ.. I am going to work on the Fe... but, i'm actually an INTP, now I am actually working on my 3 year old.. while I perhaps should be working on my Ne.. which isn't even in the INFJ stack!!!! (well.. yeah... 5th or so).

Those tests also start to annoy me: "Do you believe decisions should be based on your heart or on your mind"?
Well.. That's not easy to answer from a biological .. neuroscience.. psychological..... and perhaps even a sociology perspective.
What is your heart? What is that you mean with that?
Is it the accumulation of all the information I have been gathering over the span of a life time? And, is it than "heart" or "mind"?
Also... A lot of science says that your "emotion" will always decide first and then you will rationalize it with your mind".
So ... I fill in "mind" .. and now I am a T type.

Not a big fan of math, but psychology is the thread of my life.
I heard some say: this (like this thread) is not how a INTP works

What do you think?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today, 03:08
Albert Einstein would probably say "hard science" doesn't have a real conclusion neither).
He was physicist if I recall correctly not a psychologist nor a expert in personality so whatever he said on this topic is pointless.

In the beginning.. INTJ came across a lot... but, it kept switching between INTP and INTJ. But since a month or so, INFJ is popping up.
so you are some kind of INxx.

On those function stacks, I also read a lot but I still don't grasp it within my own personality. It's almost impossible to look into the mirror with a clear view without having some serious biases / blind spots.
For example I settled for INTP. I did not settle for my cognitive functions.
Ergo I do not have Ti Ne Si Fe.
So I fit the INTP, but you would have hard time finding Ti since for me it is almost invisible in my head thus most people would make out Ne, and type me as ENTP. Ne is visible, because you can see the pattern in writing. Si is also invisible and no one really sees the data I work with nor do I advertise what I know or do not know so people would think I have Se. Fe is something I do not have. I have Fi.
Yet most people would type me as INTP those who know me. No one would type me as feeling type. No one would type me as Sensor. No one would type me as extrovert. At least people who know me for long do not see me that way.

I might for example simply do not want to admit I am lazy fuck... so I feel very INTJ like, because well.. those are the go getters.
MBTI has no letter for lazy. If you are or you are not means nothing in respect towards your MBTI type. I know people will disagree on this point, but people have to understand that laziness is part product of environment, and part the way we get motivated and part discipline. You can be very industrious and be P. Or be lazy and be J.

Funny enough.. I let my mom do the test "for me" (so, "fill it in like you where me, mom") ... and that was an INTP.
I do not know your mom, but with due respect I think if she is like most moms she will not be able to type you. Moms have very biased view by nature.

It should actually not matter that much. Because, will I live a different life tomorrow if I knew for sure I was an INTJ? No. The same goes for INTP and INFJ...
But I do hate it that I don't seem to recognize what my dominant function is. And I also hate it that all of a sudden a F type is in my "tests" (it's not a test.. it's not a score. But for a lack of a better word.......).
Yeah I mean lets be clear. If you learn about yourself and know more about yourself it is always good no matter what MBTI test says. It certainly did not change my life to know I am INTP, but it gave me a sort of idea how to approach other people and how to talk to other types. It also explains why my communication style is different and explains why I sometimes struggle to get along with people. That said all people have this problem just with different types.

Also, if I want to "improve" myself.. I believe I should focus most on my driver and on my co-pilot. So that messes things up a bit. Let's asume, I go with the INFJ.. I am going to work on the Fe... but, i'm actually an INTP, now I am actually working on my 3 year old.. while I perhaps should be working on my Ne.. which isn't even in the INFJ stack!!!! (well.. yeah... 5th or so).
This is first time I see someone trying to use MBTI to improve self with driver and co pilot. I think MBTI can only serve as tool for improving relationship with other types and communication.

Those tests also start to annoy me: "Do you believe decisions should be based on your heart or on your mind"?
Explains why MBTI is not exactly easy to use more than for few simple things. The problem with MBTI is that it has rather sophisticated typology and it takes too long to get a good grip on it, and the usefulness of that knowledge is really not worth the time you invest into it. For this reasons it is lot useful to go with simpler ad hoc typologies.
For example recently I got across a 4 type typology. Simple and easy to use with in minutes and serves just about as well as MBTI. in the 4 type typology you can easily get results and place people neatly into either of the 4 types without reading pages. MBTI you have 16 types you are never sure you typed the person right, and even if you do there is so much confusion on what it really means it is mostly just confusing anyhow.

Not a big fan of math
Most normal people INTP or not do not like MATh. Math is boring and chore. Sure it is useful, but unless you have math as hobby it is really not that fun. Even people who are good at math and understand it easily often do not like math. The only reason people like math is because it is so fucking useful. Otherwise math is really fun only for autistic people or people who have been conditioned to like math. Not many people really.
Psychology is about understanding people. We are surrounded by people, and knowing the motives and behaviors of people gives us the edge in many situations.

So to be frank liking psychology over math makes lot of sense. Personally though math is important so I would not give up on math just because it is boring chore. It is boring chore, but the more math you know the more you can get out of stuff.

Animekitty

baby marshmallow born today
Local time
Yesterday, 20:08
IMB had that personality that is gone now that said I was INTJ. I wrote a philosophy paper and I am guessing it interpreted my term usage as the function introverted intuition. Ni is really a perception so we describe what we "see" in that archetypal space. What is makes males and females? Deep learning can answer that, if they can find the highest level of abstraction of cat and dog then maybe male and female can be calculated as well. Ni "calculates" perceptions like the abstract of cat dog, male-female.

Many angles exist in space and when drawing theses angles are produced to create a drawing. In the mind eye, they rotate. This is Se. Ni sees all the angles unconsciously, that is how it knows what the ultimate form of female and males would be. But the simple rotation of a slice of the mental image is all that is needed for a new angle of creation. But all angles are just reflections.

The thing about archetypes is that they are fully formed concepts. I have dreams of fully formed concepts that are accessible by the unconscious. Think of Mickymouse being painted by Davichi 500 years before 1920.

What a reflection does is creates invariance. symmetry complexity. In a higher space, you are symmetrical to yourself no matter how complex you are at this lower dimension. All asymmetries are smoothed out into one uni system. All Hebrew letters can be produced by rotating a 3d figure against a 2d plain. What does this mean for male and female, it means male and female is a symmetry variance fractal. The fractal is a higher symmetric space and each instance of male/female is in a lower asymmetric dimension.

The more asymmetric, the lower the dimension, they include only given instances.
The highest dimensions must be symmetrical because they include everything.

Intpeejee

Redshirt
Local time
Very thankful for the well thought out responses. Can you base some type on what I wrote?

Animekitty

Local time
I would need to get more into your psychic disposition before I would venture to know.

Pic a function you are most familiar with and tell me how you relate to it.

Intpeejee

Redshirt
Local time
I related the most with intuition. But i Am not sure which one more (in or ex).

I am most relaxed when i can simply perceive all around me and ask questions when I need to understand more.

but i can also relate to Jordan Peterson, really going on a Brainstorm out loud.

Animekitty

Local time
I think you make a good distinction. When I want an answer to a question I just let it come to me. The difference between Ni and Ne though is that Ne is inspired by an outside force. So it seems that energy is either emerging within Ni or surrounding your field Ne. Then it comes to you. I am very much blocked off from the outside world when I perceive with Ni. I have a problem though which is that I get stuck and perceive nothing. This may be a problem with my working memory.

Intpeejee

Redshirt
Local time
I think you make a good distinction. When I want an answer to a question I just let it come to me. The difference between Ni and Ne though is that Ne is inspired by an outside force. So it seems that energy is either emerging within Ni or surrounding your field Ne. Then it comes to you. I am very much blocked off from the outside world when I perceive with Ni. I have a problem though which is that I get stuck and perceive nothing. This may be a problem with my working memory.
thanks.
What do you think based on the pictures on my cognitive function stacks? I heard from some people INFJ or ENFP.

Animekitty

Local time
thanks.
What do you think based on the pictures on my cognitive function stacks? I heard from some people INFJ or ENFP.
Judging from experience you are more Fi than Fe. I think ENFP. You are very innocent.

Animekitty

Local time
what a cute word to call someone. Pleasw elaborate??
Your avatar reminds me of a song, bluebird. and that reminds me of Fi,

But it is because I am pressed to find the distinction between ENFP and INFJ

Fe is more authoritative than Fi

Blue bird - (ENGLISH VERSION) by Emma Cherina

Top Bottom