• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP Plausible?

jphreud

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:42 PM
-->
Hi there. I'm relatively new to personality typing, having stumbled across the concept while trying to understand the guy (INTJ) that I am seeing. I have taken several different online tests, and get one of two types. Having read the profiles of each type, I can see aspects of both in who I am, but there are a couple of sticking points that cause me to not fully, completely imbrace one over the other.

So, I want to branch out and see if the INTPs here can help me out. One of the two types I test as is INTP, hence coming to this forum. Rather than tell you the other type or list traits, behaviors that could skew one way or the other, I wondered if having y'all ask more pointed questions for me to answer might yield better, more accurate results. So, ask away. What do you want to know about me that may indicate type?

Local time
Today 5:42 AM
-->
I'm in the same situation. The J/P relates to whether you prefer to perceive the world as it comes or you like to plan things ahead. That's the main difference, basically. I get a solid J because I do like to plan things to the T. But I find that overall I possess more characteristics of the INTP type (or maybe I'm just lying to myself because I look up to the INTP characteristics more haha). Sometimes I don't even know how correct these profiles are since they are to some extent based on your own view of yourself. It might show what you think you are, not who you actually are, and 16 is very limiting so it is entirely possible to have a bit of two very similar profiles. I was just thinking as a shower thought, if we were to verify how well people fit into character profiles, there might be a small proportion of people who don't fit into any of them at all because they have a sort of 'multi-sided' nature.
But if you really want to be placed into a category I guess what really defines an INTJ is ambition and high standards, which INTPs may also have but I guess they are a lot more chill and like to do and think about things they enjoy?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 11:42 PM
-->
P/J is more about how you do or don't finalize decisions. P's like to keep their options open while J's like to finalize their decisions.

But IMO, people are people and typology is largely erroneous.

Top Bottom