• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP Secret 'handshake'

Local time
Today 7:59 AM
-->
My point is - let's agree on a secret sign so we can recognise each other in reality.
I'm really tired of standing in the corner at parties, blinking RUINTP in morse code towards the other corners.

Local time
-->
"Do you really need the handshake?"
[bimgx=500]http://www.ninthmosaicmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/nerd1.jpg[/bimgx]

Ink

Local time
Today 8:59 AM
-->
It's always easy spotting INTPs, not too many are worth approaching though

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
Hm, good idea.

Secret Signal: Spock raised eyebrow

Theeyebrow--raised.jpg

Public Signal: Vulcan Salute

Spock_performing_Vulcan_salute.jpg

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:59 PM
-->
Start talking about computers, anyone who isn't an NT will immediately get bored, then take the conversation in a more speculative direction like what kind of interface a neural interface would have, anyone that's still interested is an INTP.

John_Mann

Local time
-->
Start talking about computers, anyone who isn't an NT will immediately get bored, then take the conversation in a more speculative direction like what kind of interface a neural interface would have, anyone that's still interested is an INTP.

Or something related to relativity, quantum, biology or psychology. Sensors can't talk about this in a casual conversation.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->
Sensors can't talk about this in a casual conversation.

Rofl. Agreed, but then you only have xNxx figured out.
(which is more than enough for me to get along with, but just for the sake of finding INTPs in particular)

Local time
-->

Or something related to relativity, quantum, biology or psychology. Sensors can't talk about this in a casual conversation.

But you are already talking to people! I was just thinking it would be nice to cut out all the soul-sucking greetings/introductions/filtering with a secret signal!

Local time
-->
Hm, good idea.

Secret Signal: Spock raised eyebrow

Theeyebrow--raised.jpg

Public Signal: Vulcan Salute

Spock_performing_Vulcan_salute.jpg

I think just raising an eyebrow at random people could be misinterpreted but i'm sure the results would be hilarious. Also not everyone can do it, i seem to recall practising in the mirror as a child.
Best (only!) suggestion though. Going to try raising eyebrow whilst simultaneously performing Vulcan salute discreetly next time i'm out in public.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
I've got it! We all need to "air-play" a classic music piece. How about a Scarlatti Sonatina? I have a few in mind that can be more-or-less played with one hand.

SW

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:59 PM
-->
But you are already talking to people! I was just thinking it would be nice to cut out all the soul-sucking greetings/introductions/filtering with a secret signal!
Begin with: "What do you think about..."

You may have to talk, but only for a few seconds before they find an excuse to be elsewhere.

Ink

Local time
-->
I have much better conversations with ENFJs than INTPs, anyone else have this experience (just got a hot ENFJ hairdressers number...)?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 6:59 PM
-->
dudemeet020nc.jpg

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 3:59 AM
-->
I'm in favor as long as you don't show it to me. But how will I know if you've done so?

Local time
-->
I'm in favor as long as you don't show it to me. But how will I know if you've done so?

I will know you by looking for one who talks in riddles!

You won't know...you'll forget all about this thread until you find yourself peering in to the corners at a party you wish you weren't at.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
TITANIC! ....Just thought it would be a good ice breaker.... apparently I was wrong.

I am so doing that next time I meet someone if it gets even slightly awkward after initial introduction.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
TITANIC! ....Just thought it would be a good ice breaker.... apparently I was wrong.

I am so doing that next time I meet someone if it gets even slightly awkward after initial introduction.

I really don't think it will work. :p

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
It'll work splendidly. They will either A. leave and I'll be in peace or B. Laugh and we'll probably get along for a short period of time.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 3:59 AM
-->
It'll work splendidly. They will either A. leave and I'll be in peace or B. Laugh and we'll probably get along for a short period of time.

I wouldn't do either. I'd stare at you straight faced while I tried to think of something better. I'd probably fail and resort to some milder version of the facepalm (one that doesn't actually involve lifting my hand to my face). Then I'd suggest we get you a drink of some kind.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I wouldn't do either. I'd stare at you straight faced while I tried to think of something better. I'd probably fail and resort to some milder version of the facepalm (one that doesn't actually involve lifting my hand to my face). Then I'd suggest we get you a drink of some kind.

And you take a drink aswell just to kill the pain a little?

ShameFace

Local time
Today 12:59 AM
-->
how about an INTP tee shirt? Does such a thing exist online already? I would buy one right now, if it did.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
There should be a range of relatively similar styles & color schemes amongst all INTP, so a T-shirt should hardly be necessary.

Unless, of course, it must exist for a specific purpose... I looked into the whole intp t-shirt thing before but in the end figured I'd just wear my regular clothes & shirts.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ew, touching another human?

Guess I'm not an NT.

doncarlzone

Useless knowledge
Local time
-->

lol my INFP brother is the definition of a computer geek. I'd leave days before him.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:29 PM
-->

That is a thing of beauty. Mind if I steal? (the question is rhetorical).

The spock eyebrow is a golden one, though apparently not everyone is actually capable of lifting only one eyebrow at a time. If they try they look something like :ahh:

Top Bottom