• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPf Mafia #3: Do you even rift?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 10:41 PM
-->
You know those moments when you wonder if you're the idiot? I'm having one of those right now. Hold up while I re-evaluate my life.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 12:41 PM
-->
And even PJM is supposedly smarter than this, with him I am mostly attributing some spontaneous high that he seems to be suffering, and even that is a particularly weak explanation. Why does it keep happening in this game that the best excuses for people I can think of is stupidity.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Current vote count I think.

Hadoblado (3) Yellow, QuickTwist, Pmj
Yellow (3) Sinny, Seteleechete, Gopher
Pmj (1) Hadoblado

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 5:41 AM
-->
Okay, in case I do get lynched (I might get pulled away)

Sinny: I think her withdrawal is strange. She STILL hasn't done much, and could be thinking her lucky stars that her time of scrutiny was early in the "day", allowing other players to take the heat when everyone's ready to get down and dirty. It buys her way into Day 2 without a scratch.

PMJPMJ: I can't get ahold of him, but the way he's locking onto Hado without much transparency about why he hasn't wavered is a little concerning. We should all have at least a little doubt (seeing as only scum know for sure who's scum and who's town) but he's not admitting any doubts whatsoever.

Gopher: He's giving us feelings and hunches that can easily be shrugged off later as "whoops!" Regardless of Hado's flip, I'd really encourage everyone to put him under far more scrutiny.

Hado: My best lead because he's been deflecting this whole game. Even this role-claiming is most likely a deflection/last-ditch attempt at helping his scum buddy.

Blarraun: Deflecting a lot, and I almost get the impression that he's mirroring me? I don't know what that's about. If he's trying what I'm trying, aggressive scum-hunting, then I guess it would explain the fluctuation in perception, as I've gotten the impression he's getting from me too. Somehow though, I think he's hiding something.

Shapelog: I'm uncomfortable with the mid "day" activity and the saying nothing concrete. If he is scum, then he could just be doing what he must to avoid scrutiny. He's mostly had periods of inactivity, and he can't be pinned down as having contributed anything to what's about to be a lynch.

QuickTwist: I'm actually less suspicious of him simply because he's made a vote, made a case, and his activity timing/pattern is much like it was when he was modding the other games. I won't say I'm reading him as town, but he doesn't worry me as much as others.

Fuck! who am I forgetting?!

Seteleechete: Why are you so forgettable all of a sudden? Why aren't you trying to clinch a case against me? You vote seemed almost flippant, and then nothing. Tell them why I should be lynched over Hado.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 9:11 PM
-->
Yellow is making a lot of noise. Very impulsive and unlike her forum self. I know she's trying something out, but geez it's not helping.

I'm wifomed about her. On one hand she's being unhelpful. She's all over the place. On the other hand, this is for all intents and purposes her first game, and she's decided to play on impulse. So it makes sense that her comprehension is loose.

Also, it does kind of make some sense that I'd claim blue as mafia to kill a blue role as I go out. Assuming I was confident I would die otherwise. But she'd risk lynching a blue role to kill a read that she's not that certain of? I mean, she's fluttered around really hard, she can't be that confident of her read on me, and the cost of lynching a likely blue is too high.

Vote Yellow

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:41 AM
-->
What if this is just a ploy to expose our real PR's on his way out?

If Hado is scum, then he's still playing to win the scum objective. He's doing what he can at the last minute to help his scum buddy, who will be all alone against the rest of town. He's outing at least one, and getting in one last jab.
And he would choose one of the least optimal strategies by removing himself day 1? Not to mention that his sacrifice would deny him the fun and experience of this game. If he was mafia he could do the same circus day on day 2 or 3.

If after the first day there's only 1 mafia left, the town has significantly higher win chances.
If Hado is town, then he's failing to win the town objective. He's putting his individual survival above the town by broadcasting to the mafia what his power role is, and letting them narrow down who else might be around.
Not really, day 1 reveal could be a viable strategy. It gives the remaining 6 townies someone to flock around. He can become the sort of leader of town until he's killed. Hado might be banking here on the 50% chance that we have a doctor, in which case he should protect Hado from the immediate bullet without revealing themselves.

vote Hadoblado
Woah there, let's not be so crazy now, alright?
@Blarraun, if not Hado, then who?
Perhaps you? Don't take it personally but you've just revealed that you're not a power role in your post, that's a huge lead for scum to use later on. You're so inexperienced that you're misguidedly trying to rally us into going against low odds to lynch Hado.

There's also another option:
That you've found that some cheap confusion tactic to fake game ignorance is enough to off him and stay safe? Maybe you're the one taking the big gamble here.

I hold you in high regard, I still have qualms about viewing your play as full scum. Your tactics are cheap because they rely on our ignorance of the game to be remotely convincing.

vote Yellow

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Sorry Sete, looks like you are trying to clinch. Good job.

Remember everyone: We need a town win. Three games of mafia win will suck (and probably compromise any chance we have of this game being fun here).

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Mmmm fuck. Now I don't want to lynch yellow (and yes I'm flip flopping like mad, but I don't need to appear town to you guys anymore so I'm just speaking my mind).

The things Yellow just did are green. Either she's read a guide or she's genuinely green, because this isn't what a first gamer scum does. If I take my vote off her I might be lynched. So if we want to land a kill on someone red, we need to coordinate. And I need to get ready for work! T-T

@Yellow, Gopher, Sete, Sinny, QT
You are all people I don't want to vote for. Actually I want to kill spacedog because he's the person who's evaded attention. Given that I don't feel as comfortable with my earlier convictions as I'd like, the 180 surprise kill seems like a good option to hammer mafia. I don't expect you to be onboard with this though.

Tell me who you're willing to vote for. I'm going to go get ready for work, and hopefully I'll have time to consolidate a bandwagon when I get back.

Again I'll reiterate, I don't give a fuck about people's reads on me anymore. I live and die by my blue claim. If I'm mafia I'm a dead man walking, if I'm town the claim never comes and I'm confirmed. So yes, my manner will change because I'm no longer self-moderating towards the same end.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
[bimgx=500]https://i.imgflip.com/16npc5.jpg[/bimgx]

VOTE COUNT

Yellow (4) Gopher, Seteleechete, Blarraun, Sinny
Pmj (1) Hadoblado

Not voting: Shapelog

DAY ENDS IN ~1 HOURS, 30 MINUTES

COUNTDOWN TIMER

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
My biggest suspicion is still QT. He feels intuitively wrong which is the main reason. I also really dislike his lack of initiative I think he has seen that this role seems to work and is trying to play it out. But he doesn't stand a chance of getting enough votes atm so w/e. I can't read Space. I am not as town leaning on gopher anymore but I still hesitate to vote that atm.

Yellow is if only slightly more suspicious than PJM if only still slightly. Maybe both of them are just overly active. I wouldn't vote blar over either atm. My trust in Yellow atm is really low though. I am still deeply considering if PJM or Yellow is more likely. Since it seems to boil down to them atm.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Mmmm fuck. Now I don't want to lynch yellow (and yes I'm flip flopping like mad, but I don't need to appear town to you guys anymore so I'm just speaking my mind).
My feelz are exact same m8.
The things Yellow just did are green. Either she's read a guide or she's genuinely green, because this isn't what a first gamer scum does. If I take my vote off her I might be lynched. So if we want to land a kill on someone red, we need to coordinate. And I need to get ready for work! T-T
Yup, given her lack of experience it's not something she should be able to adjust to.
Actually I want to kill spacedog because he's the person who's evaded attention. Given that I don't feel as comfortable with my earlier convictions as I'd like, the 180 surprise kill seems like a good option to hammer mafia. I don't expect you to be onboard with this though.

Tell me who you're willing to vote for. I'm going to go get ready for work, and hopefully I'll have time to consolidate a bandwagon when I get back.
Yeah, I don't like Spacelog, too inactive and too generic to read anything. Could be low value (as of now) town or scum.
Unvote Yellow
Remember everyone: We need a town win. Three games of mafia win will suck (and probably compromise any chance we have of this game being fun here).
If this is a lie, you're a master of emotional appeal. I'll trust you on this one.

I'm cutting on my sleep but I'll wait what you decide on. I can vote on Shapelog.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
We need 4 votes though on anyone we pick.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Well, I've nothing further to say until my views change.

I've been hanging with teenagers and skyping all night.

No shady shizzle yo.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

@Yellow, Gopher, Sete, Sinny, QT
You are all people I don't want to vote for. Actually I want to kill spacedog because he's the person who's evaded attention. Given that I don't feel as comfortable with my earlier convictions as I'd like, the 180 surprise kill seems like a good option to hammer mafia. I don't expect you to be onboard with this though.

Again I'll reiterate, I don't give a fuck about people's reads on me anymore. I live and die by my blue claim. If I'm mafia I'm a dead man walking, if I'm town the claim never comes and I'm confirmed. So yes, my manner will change because I'm no longer self-moderating towards the same end.

Well I'm not particularly gravy about it. Both Yellow and PMJ seem to have gone full retard with your role claim so... Also why Spacelog? Is it literally just a 180 vote because I haven't noticed anything. Then again not noticing anything in itself is noticing something... Why is what Yellow did green?

[bimgx=500]https://i.imgflip.com/16npc5.jpg[/bimgx]

VOTE COUNT

Yellow (4) Gopher, Seteleechete, Blarraun, Sinny
Pmj (1) Hadoblado

Not voting: Shapelog

DAY ENDS IN ~1 HOURS, 30 MINUTES

COUNTDOWN TIMER

Maybe you should have made the voting color more visible.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
I might regret it, but Hado is also acting like someone who is actually town would. He could easily let me get lynched, and he's trying to take the bandwagon off me. I can vote on Shapelog, Sinny, or Blarraun.

unvote Hadoblado

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Only three I think. Sinny or Gopher will hop off Yellow maybe. Yellow will bandwagon us so that she's not lynched. Me you and her make three . This is doable.

I don't want to lynch QT today under any circumstance. I'm willing to have that discussion tomorrow though.

Come on where is everybody?

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
What will happen to space if he doesn't vote?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

AS PER RULES IN THE OP, LYNCHING IS NOT DONE BY MAJORITY. NO MINIMUM AMOUNT IS REQUIRED

- lynching - the player with the most votes at end of day is lynched. There is no majority lynch. In the event of a tie, the result will be no-lynch

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
If this is a lie, you're a master of emotional appeal. I'll trust you on this one.

I'm cutting on my sleep but I'll wait what you decide on. I can vote on Shapelog.

Well maybe I'm just paranoid but Jenny last game got me with this and I'm pretty sure Yellow would be even better at Jenny than emotional manipulation. Seems like an odd thing to bring up RIGHT as she's on the lynching line.

Naw even one vote would get a lynch it's plurality.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I wanna stick to Yellow, she's my only comfortable scum read.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
For some stupid reason I forgot Yellow would switch in such circumstances.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Wow I'm tired. In soviet russia emotional manipulation is Jenny.

EBWOP

Well maybe I'm just paranoid but Jenny last game got me with this and I'm pretty sure Yellow would be even better at emotional manipulation than Jenny. Seems like an odd thing to bring up RIGHT as she's on the lynching line.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
VOTE COUNT

Yellow (3) Gopher, Seteleechete, Sinny
Hadoblado (2) QuickTwist, Pmj
Pmj (1) Hadoblado

Not voting: Shapelog, Yellow, Blarraun

DAY ENDS IN ~1 HOURS

COUNTDOWN TIMER

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Oh there you are lol.

It's a 180 vote on spacedog. From his input I have him as slightly green, from his lack of input he's in that zone that so many scummers like to inhabit.

Yellow's info dump is green. She expected to die so she did what was best for town. The alternative is that she's pulling a scum DP, but Yellow is not even close to the level of DP. She's also maintained a level of activity that's too high for a scum Yellow to keep up. Yes she's fallen apart a bit, but that's expected as town even since the rate she needs to acquire understanding is so high.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
If not PMJ I would also prefer Yellow over lurker space.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Well maybe I'm just paranoid but Jenny last game got me with this and I'm pretty sure Yellow would be even better at Jenny than emotional manipulation. Seems like an odd thing to bring up RIGHT as she's on the lynching line.
You could be right. I might just be a sucker for these things. How do you explain Yellow's retard mode accusation into last ditch defence?

To me she's consistently inexperienced, this would explain missing info on the game or getting tangled up. I know she's the kind of person to know how to appeal, but I have no past knowledge of her being in newbie posts so I don't know how she could act.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Sorry for slow/inaccurate updates, my internet is dying here.

Or is it this site having issues? Can't tell.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
My internet seems to be having trouble. Or is it the forum? Have too many mafia games finally killed the bandwidth?

Also RB your vote counts are always wrong, particularly about hado's vote it seems.

Oh yeah the info dump was nice. Actually that almost goes against what I was thinking. I thought it was all emotional manipulation. I did say I wanted to lynch someone who I didn't think was super scummy because of the day one curse but if I keep doing that then eventually I'll go full circle. :D

As long as we aren't lynching you with Yellow taking her vote off I'm more comfortable with it.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Let's focus. If not me and Hado, then who?

I can get behind Shapelog because he should be here.
Same with QuickTwist, actually, but at least he voted.

Hell, I'd get behind PMJ too, if need be. He's hard to read, and that's a liability for me.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
You could be right. I might just be a sucker for these things. How do you explain Yellow's retard mode accusation into last ditch defence?

To me she's consistently inexperienced, this would explain missing info on the game or getting tangled up. I know she's the kind of person to know how to appeal, but I have no past knowledge of her being in newbie posts so I don't know how she could act.

Well the reason I'm paranoid is because I am a sucker for these sort of things. :D However they're good points and getting someone this close to lynch then keeping them alive is actually probably a good thing in the long run. Similar to Hado even if he is mafia no point killing him now if you're thinking long term.

Ahh.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I'm having issues as well. It may have to do with end of month bandwidth allocation shenanigans and the way how 3 concurrent games could've stressed the limits on the server.

Anyway I'll vote soon because my last post was loading 60 seconds, I don't want to delay the thing too much.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
My forum is going super slow. Other pages are fine.

Gopher you choose. I'll back you. This is not me trusting you. It's me making you make a stand.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
I don't like a spacelog vote, it gives the town very little in terms of reads on the reactions that have happened and interactions between people, it can't be used for much.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I think Yellow is more than competent enough to pull off that baseline which I pulled off as Mafia in my last game...

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Yellow might not have played a lot but she is a psychologist that has spent a lot of time observing us. I would not put this past her. I don't see anything she did as a clear.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Which post number did you info dump Sinny? I don't have much time. If you info dumped at a similar level to Yellow I'll reevaluate.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Wow this is slow.

(what seattle said) ^ That's my problem with a Spacedog lynch as well however. (and this is the last time I'll use the spreadsheet because it's too hard to upkeep but since he hasn't been here forever it might actually make sense still)

Pmj Gopher Yellow HadoBlado Seteleechete Sinny Spacedog Quicktwist Blarraun

7. Spacedog 0 0 -1 -2 1 -2 Duh 0 0

He was super non-commital but over all he ended up with 2.5 which is actually the only positive town read at all.

Oh I was about to say he also posted a fair bit but he's got the lowest posts now that the day has moved on. (12)

I want to stick on Yellow because it shows us so much more with a flip but if the alternative is you getting lynched I'll switch to Spacedog.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Which post number did you info dump Sinny? I don't have much time. If you info dumped at a similar level to Yellow I'll reevaluate.

It's not once post in particular, but a multitude.. I feel that her attitude and approach has mirrored my previous rather well.

I struggle to put my thoughts into words... and I'm drinking at the minute.
If I feel I can explain myself better shortly, I will.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
I'm running out of time too. If there's going to be a bandwagon on someone I need to know and decide what to do.

For the record, you don't get your "ist" badge until PhD. So not a Psychologist. Just a therapist with an MS in Psych. Also, degrees don't grant superpowers (unfortunately).

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
or PMJ, Actually both Yellow and PMJ were funny about your claim if Yellow is town PMJ may have been trying to play confuser.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
35 Minutes left

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Vote Spacedog

Okay I'm out the door. I'm hoping I'm not making a huge mistake here, Gopher you had the opportunity to be much more decisive but instead you half-arsed. Unfortunate.

In my absence, I need to not be lynched. If Gopher or Sete vote me, lynch them immediately (though I don't expect them to vote me, which is why I'm saying this). They both understand why I'm almost certainly town. They can't change their mind now. If spacedog doesn't happen, Yellow, Blar, and PMJ are doable and people I'm not hugely upset at lynching. Sorry if I'm dictating but I don't have time not to. Good luck.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Blar/hado bandwagon someone already or one of you return the vote to Yellow, either works.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
Blar space or yellow me and gopher will follow

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Addendum to will:

Sinny & Sete basically confirmed town to me. I don't buy Sinny's argument against Yellow, but it seems very town Sinny to me.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Addendum to will:

Sinny & Sete basically confirmed town to me. I don't buy Sinny's argument against Yellow, but it seems very town Sinny to me.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm indecisive but both Yellow and Shapelog have similarly low town value.

I'm going to sleep so this is my last choice. I'm going with Yellow. Sorry this is how your performance went, but your death will not be in vain if you're clear. Spacelog I'd kill, but he's just lurk and lurk-wins don't count anyway, I'll have at least some consolation if I make the wrong call here.

Vote Yellow

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Addendum to will:

What's not to buy about it then? lol

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hado is imo too indecisive to follow his bandwagon plan for now. It's rational to kill off the lurker but he can also be killed later.

Top Bottom