• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPf Mafia Game #3: SIGNUPS

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 8:59 AM
-->
Oh, sorry. I thought it was ok to talk around it.

Apologies, boss. If you want to go ahead and delete my posts, please do so.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Just a heads up: I'll be in bed when the game starts again, so if I'm slow with my response... well, I'm asleep.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 5:59 PM
-->
In case you missed the thread RB I need to be replaced out. Sorry again.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Yeah no worries, I'm sending a few PM's out now.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Actually to make this as quick as possible, if anyone wants to replace into the ongoing game just PM me and I'll get you in ASAP.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Well, I'm going out shortly.. and everything seems to have come to a standstill.

1. Pmj - Active
2. Gopher - Being replaced
3. Yellow - Lynched
4. SnuggleBass - Asleep
5. Seteleechete - Active, ish.
6. Sinny - Here, for now.
7. Spacedog - AWOL.
8. QuickTwist - AWOL.
9. Blarraun - Has been here.

My views are as are, until I have anything new to go off.

HA! Wrong thread.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
In need of a second replacement for the game, if anyone is eager - let me know.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yellow should be replaced in! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 9:59 AM
-->
Re: INTPf Mafia #3: Do you even rift?

While i fully understand, reason compels me to disagree, for the person has been redeemed through lovely foolishness showing an absolute lack of guile. Considerable attention must instead be paid to the other person, for that person has behaved without adjusting the presentation, resulting in conspicuous inconvenience. Adequate punishment has to ensue in order to preserve a correct formula. Otherwise we may as well just give up on this whole thing.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
While i fully understand, reason compels me to disagree, for the person has been redeemed through lovely foolishness showing an absolute lack of guile. Considerable attention must instead be paid to the other person, for that person has behaved without adjusting the presentation, resulting in conspicuous inconvenience. Adequate punishment has to ensue in order to preserve a correct formula. Otherwise we may as well just give up on this whole thing.
Post moved, note that only players and GM can post in the game thread. Please use this thread instead for any comments or impressions you might have.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 9:59 PM
-->
I think quicker games would be more fun. Watching people tunnel each other because they don't have that much to go on and way too much time is kind of lame; it makes the game too serious and people start taking things personally. Plus it would also mean mafia can't sit back and carefully say what they want to say and then disappear. More chance for slip-ups and probably more fun overall, I'd think.

So PMJ's idea, but without the intentional shit-slinging.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Another good idea, imo, would be accounts created specifically for games. Far from a perfect solution (certain people would stand out like a sore thumb regardless, e.g. Gopher) it could at least make things a bit more interesting if people start off with zero idea of who is who.

Thoughts?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 9:59 PM
-->
I'd do it for fun. But I don't think having multiple accounts is something that's encouraged. Maybe this is an exception?

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I was thinking of giving every player a PR to use, being a vanilla townie comes down to random lynching (assuming mafia play correctly) and having some kind of weak one-time use power would make it less unpredictable.

Maybe having everyone split between a one-time friendly neighbour and one-time doc.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->

I should not post in this thread and for that, I am sorry.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
That's an interesting idea, Bla.

Hmm.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I should not post in this thread and for that, I am sorry.
You shouldn't post and yet you posted? That's fine Akitty...:), just make sure to not post when you shouldn't post again when you're about to.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:29 PM
-->
Woah double mod smackdown.

I altered it to not reflect its actual content, since players shouldn't have access to the opinions of outsiders like that.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
It's cool, I saw the post. It didn't really tell me anything, save for the fact I'm apparently the only one considering a certain idea.

This is why random accounts would be great. There'd be less of this 'Oh, it's X! X is always like this!' bullshit.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
This is why random accounts would be great. There'd be less of this 'Oh, it's X! X is always like this!' bullshit.
Imo, people should learn not to assume such things about others in the first place, unless they really know something about that person, in which case it's fair game.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Imo, people should learn not to assume such things about others in the first place, unless they really know something about that person, in which case it's fair game.

Ideal world / reality.

I agree - but people.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ideal world / reality.

I agree - but people.
If they do this it's to their detriment since it doesn't count as evidence and they can be accused of unproductive play. Eventually they'll learn to avoid these kinds of musings. It's a gradual process of establishing a meta within a community of players.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Fair point - I can get behind that.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
OMG I'M SO ANXIOUS! :storks: WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PLAYERS! QUICK, QUICK, QEEEEEK!!!! queef HURRY UP AND COME BACK TO THREAD AND WIN THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME! :mad:

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Today 12:59 AM
-->
I agree. With so much riding on this lynch this is an annoyingly quiet last half-hour for a day.

THE CROWD DEMANDS BLOOD

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:59 AM
-->
How would you guys feel about running the game OC style (outside communication)? Its a thing on other sites. Don't know how it works as I've just joined a site that do it. I ask because it seems not talking about the game outside of the thread is near impossible for people to follow it seems.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don't know who talked outside of the game maybe RB will reveal something, allowing outside communication eliminates a potential disadvantage for the rule-abiding players.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Pmj and Reluctantly did. It's also that other people give input where players can see it, when they can just ask me for the Spec thread link if they want.

The Spec thread has more than 700 posts, so it's almost as active as the game thread. Why speak here when you have spec thread? :^)

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
Because we're mostly just talking about d*cks in the spec thread right now (which, admittedly, is our own fault).

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
Where is the spec thread?

No one's quite sure, to be honest. Experts have searched and theorized for generations now as to where the spec thread is located, if it can be said to have a location at all.

I personally prefer to think that the spec thread is within us and all around us all at once.

You just have to open your heart and your mind and search.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
off site, you have to ask rb for the link

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:59 AM
-->
cheesepuff is mafia |:

I see, Helvete, no worries then. I hadn't heard of this game before so I was just reading around in this section and figured a general mafia thread might be of interest to me

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Yes always lynch cheeseumpuffs first, to be sure.

You should check out Qt's first thread, it's all explained pretty well there.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:29 PM
-->
I think as mafia culture develops the flow of information will be better controlled. People can and will learn. I was pretty sloppy in one of QT's games too, I've never played with a silent night phase until coming here and it's like it just leaked out of me :ahh:

Also, we need to start up a formal betting system in the obs QT. Each player gets to predict the mafia team once every 24 hours. Each successful guess by the end of the game warrants one point. Highest score wins.

That way people have to take a verifiable position, and the minigame might distract them from the shit-talk that would otherwise erupt and threaten forum drama.

Edit: or would that ruin the relaxed atmosphere? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheeseumpuffs

Local time
-->
I think as mafia culture develops the flow of information will be better controlled. People can and will learn. I was pretty sloppy in one of QT's games too, I've never played with a silent night phase until coming here and it's like it just leaked out of me :ahh:

Are you talking about the one where I kept getting drunk and sending you PMs telling you how full of shit you were and how you needed to die? :D

Also, we need to start up a formal betting system in the obs QT. Each player gets to predict the mafia team once every 24 hours. Each successful guess by the end of the game warrants one point. Highest score wins.

That way people have to take a verifiable position, and the minigame might distract them from the shit-talk that would otherwise erupt and threaten forum drama.

What does the winner get?

I personally enjoy the relaxed, shit-talking atmosphere, but that's because I know that nothing I say (and probably nothing anyone else says) is meant seriously or personally. I could see how someone with relatively thinner skin might not dig being talked about the way we talked about some of the players, though. So I guess that's up to community decision, there.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 1:59 AM
-->

... silly Hado, always trying to structure us.

YOU'RE NOT OUR REAL MOM!!

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Are you talking about the one where I kept getting drunk and sending you PMs telling you how full of shit you were and how you needed to die? :D

That actually happened?

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Oh yea I recall.. Didn't realise the content of your drunk ramblings tho, haha.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 3:59 AM
-->
... silly Hado, always trying to structure us.

YOU'RE NOT OUR REAL MOM!!

Yeah, you blado-head. That's my job!

Its okay, kids. Don't listen to anything your coked out parental surrogate says, he's never been the same since he lost that door to door encyclopedia salesman gig.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah, don't listen to Hablo :p.

I absolutely love how StarRabbit misspelled and modified names, it was hilarious.

Top Bottom