• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Is Logan paul the most retarded person alive

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:59 AM
-->
discuss.

lightfire

Local time
Yesterday 11:59 PM
-->
I don't feel like watching a 50 minute video, also who's logan paul.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
based on my limited knowledge of who this individual is, I'm assuming he's one of those people whose reason for being famous is nothing – besides the plain fact that people talk about him, like OP does here. Stop giving free publicity to this garbage.

Tomten

Local time
Today 5:59 AM
-->
Watched about 20 mins of it. Thought it was funny at times, but sometimes it just felt dumb (like when Logan was making faces).

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
I think the author of this video is doing a good job at ridiculing the flat earth nutters.
Probably the people who invented the internet for academic purpuses would be rolling in their graves looking at the results of their invention: anti-enlightenment garbage transmitted to the unwashed masses. L/U/M/P/E/N/P/R/O/L/E/T/A/R/I/A/T

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
I watched the movie; I thought it was vaguely amusing. I can't really tell how much of his character is acted and how much is real, so no comment on his retardedness.

"I'm not some kangaroo with my head in the sand!"... is a really great line.

EDIT: The fact that the flat earthers bought Logan Paul's story, though, is unsurprising. I mean, gee, flat earthers, gullible, who would've thought it?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I'm prone to agreeing on serac on free publicity here. Unless there is some value in knowing who he is, you're basically giving him more views by presenting him to us.

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
There's nothing particularly important about the guy, but the documentary is interesting/amusing. I don't understand sushi's question, though; it seems like the documentary was the main point of the thread? I mean, honestly trying to figure out who the "most retarded person alive" is would be both impossible and non-useful.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The guy is an youtube celebrity like pewdiepie, so i am surprised most people do not know about him. that is not his only video

the point is going famous and making millions for having less than 95 IQ on youtube.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:29 PM
-->
I would bet a lot of money his IQ is higher than 100.

He's literally an entertainer. It's an act. He's highly successful at appealing to a certain (admittedly retarded) demographic. It doesn't sound like you're part of that demographic so why care?

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
achieve fame for being extreme derp on the youtube, and having a 6 figure salary, a large house, while other people are starving on the streets? (thats not his only video)

I can understand sheldon copper's actor making alot, but this come on.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:29 PM
-->
7 figure probably.

Okay which bit are you explicitly upset about? If you were god-emperor, what would you change about the system to make it more just in your absence?

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
The story is that, apparently, he was a pretty good student (AP classes, decent grades), and started majoring in engineering on a scholarship. However, he dropped out partway through because his vlogging was turning out way more money. It seems like most of his behavior is part of his marketing (maximize views), but he claims that his multiple brain injuries while playing football in high school contribute to issues with impulse control.

Here's a video where he explains his process in making the documentary:

Even if he isn't a genius or anything, I think it's pretty clear that he's doesn't have an IQ in the mentally retarded range. I mean, look, this isn't to brag, it's just to make a point, but I'm pretty high up there and it can be difficult to communicate with people whom I know have an average intelligence. (speak slowly, not super coherent in their points, etc.) Pretty sure I'd know if he were actually an idiot rather than, y'know, a guy of typical intelligence trying (and succeeding) at getting viewers.

Now, the fact that America's population loves seeing stupidness on screen to the point that acting dumb has become a marketing tactic... that's a different story.

Tomten

Local time
-->
The guy is an youtube celebrity like pewdiepie, so i am surprised most people do not know about him. that is not his only video

the point is going famous and making millions for having less than 95 IQ on youtube.

Do you think his IQ is actually less than 95, or do you think he's famous for acting like it?

lightfire

Local time
-->

achieve fame for being extreme derp on the youtube, and having a 6 figure salary, a large house, while other people are starving on the streets? (thats not his only video)

I can understand sheldon copper's actor making alot, but this come on.

I dont really care for viral videos or people who got famous online through viral videos. I dont relate to them. I run in the opposite direction. I'm more of a fan of people who dont have a voice or a platform to scream from. Attention seekers are kryptonite to me. I'd rather make friends with a person in a rural mud hut from a 3rd world country. If you care about the people starving on the streets you should do something real to help them out.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I still don't think being rich and famous correlates all that much with being smart.

Gwyneth Paltrow for example.

But I don't think Logan Paul is the most retarded person alive.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
youtube popularity is 99.99% luck

otherwise you could infer that pewdiepie has an IQ of 500

Lunar

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:59 AM
-->
I still don't think being rich and famous correlates all that much with being smart.

Gwyneth Paltrow for example.

But I don't think Logan Paul is the most retarded person alive.
INTP's are typically the lowest earners of the 16 personality groups.

So, intelligence is clearly not the catalyst for a lucrative career.

Maybe we care about other things, but I do find it curious.

Top Bottom