• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Is my minds way of dealing with problems normal?

is this normal.

• yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • no

• see a therapist you are insane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 3:53 AM
-->
So i noticed this when i was figuring out what type of hypersensitive hearing i have. One of the types was, certain sounds make you mad, this is definitely me. When someone taps a pen my first thought is to make them stop, take the pen and stab them. I never do things like that but my first reaction is usually solving the problem without any care of how they are affected. Is this normal or am i an functioning psycho? ;)

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 1:53 AM
-->
So i noticed this when i was figuring out what type of hypersensitive hearing i have. One of the types was, certain sounds make you mad, this is definitely me. When someone taps a pen my first thought is to make them stop, take the pen and stab them. I never do things like that but my first reaction is usually solving the problem without any care of how they are affected. Is this normal or am i an functioning psycho? ;)

I have really good hearing and can hear pitches other seem to not be able to hear. Sounds never bother me like that but I do get irritated by loud music because it literally hurts, not just irritates.

I am usually too stuck in my head to notice the little noises people make. I barely even notice people talking directly to me sometimes, even though I auto-answer them somehow.

Maybe your an Se dom ;)

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:53 AM
-->
I think being annoyed by a few select sounds is fairly normal. And in such cases, the more decided you are to be annoyed, the more angry you will get.

In cases where there is a more prevalent hatred to all disturbing sounds, it can be rooted neurologically.

An extreme annoyance to sounds can also have an indirect source- where the brain have difficulty filtering emotions and the person involved will have frequent emotional overreactions to situations (either internally or externally).

More neurotic disorders might come with such annoyance as well. Term neurotic used loosely.

When you say what type of hypersensitive hearing, do you actually have a medically documented sensitive hearing (as far as that's possible)? Or are you speculating the source for your discomfort for sounds?

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm intrinsically luminous, mortals. I'm 4ever
Stress, anxiety or if you're at a particular time in your life due to circumstances to be more susceptible to negative emotions you will be irascible as you have described. It doesn't seem to have as much to do with your hearing as it does with the consequent annoyance. I say this because a pen being tapped doesn't cause that much noise. If you're totally relaxed, out of school, laid back, and someone taps a pen do you experience the same emotion?

You did mention hypersensitive hearing. When I was in class there would often be times when teachers voices seemed to be juuuust loud enough to be felt negatively in my ears and when they were more forceful with certain syllables I'd be like aaah! but it'd pass, and I kept it to myself. I often thought it had something to do with the position in the room and the reverberations from the walls. No one else had this issue but it didn't stop, it was sort of like my hearing was hung over all the time.

I figure it's the excessive loud headphone/earphone music I subjected myself to for so many years, my math teacher always warned us about that. Significant exposure to huge bass speakers too. People with loud voices, or at that certain pitch I'm not sure, still annoy me but it's infrequent.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
Today 2:53 AM
-->
Both the original post, and Oreo, have described what can potentially be seen as inferior sensing, from what I can tell.

I would be inclined to say the OP resembles inferior Se while Oreo's (...sorry, OrLevitate...) post resembles inferior Si.

To answer your question... as THD said already, "both".

As in.. if you are Ni dominant you are probably functioning on a somewhat psychotic level already, and pathologically experiencing anger in response to unwanted stimulation ... is somewhat normal as a result.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I figured it wasnt normal to be bothered by noise to the point i am so i looked up the diff types of hypersensitive hearing, found one that matched.mineund. I dont hate sound so its not the one that starts with misan_ i like music so idk

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
See a therapist

lwtoJrE.gif

It could be a neurological issue, but at the forefront it seems attention related. If it's really interfering with your life then yeah see a professional.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Im not worried im going to hurt anyone but it makes focus in a loud room impossible.

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:53 AM
-->
being unable to concentrate in a busy and noisy environment is different from this condition + thoughts of aggression.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
It makes me mad because no one else is being aggravated but me, i feel like they are doing it on purpose. Idk so im not sure if its normal because im getting mixed responses

THE ORIGINAL POST WAS A BIT OF AN EXAGGERATION. (THE PART ABOUT STABBING THEM)

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
no but when i say reaction i mean thought not action.

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Thought is the basis for action.
"I think without taking into account of how anybody else is affected."
is recipe for, well, you get it.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
ok so im crazy case closed thanks

The Void

Banned
Local time
-->
You are still better than what I was.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
lol sociopath test, no dude im not a sociopath. maybe unconsciously but not consciously, if that makes sense.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
Apart from what's already been mentioned it could be autism, it can certainly make you sensitive to external stimuli.

Autism is really dangerous, I suggest you see a doctor before you start killing people, because by then your liver will already have shut down.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I looked at all the links, im not a anti-social or a psychopath. As for the grammar ....meh?

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You are pretty quick.
Does your grammar problem accelerate reading speed?

The Void

Banned
Local time
-->

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Took 2 different autism tests one seemed credible and didnt score anywhere near autistic.
thank god 0_o

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:53 AM
-->
Seeing how you guys are jumping to such distanty conclusions, I'm starting to wonder if my relationship with movement and sound is particularly abnormal o_O

He hasn't said anything of how frequent or how long this has been going on. And he only gave one example (if I remember correctly) of a sound that bothers him.

Sure it could be autism or whatever (not sociopathy, though), but seeing the lack of information, I would be prone to assume to it is an overreaction within normal parameters. At least until he elaborated.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
Today 2:53 AM
-->
Why so serious ITT? He's just kidding. Who doesn't want to stab everyone around them, at least every day right? I mean ... right?? Where's TSR ......

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Do you imagine yourself stabbing, do you have pictures of sharp objects etc?
If you do imagine, do you feel relief? Any other feelings about this?
You may be exaggerating, maybe you have some issues, maybe both, too vague and not enough data.

If you move your hand "uncontrollably" because of this and then you compose yourself, then I would say it is definitely serious and abnormal.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
No wonder peoplesuck hates people. You all are starting to hurt my ears.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:53 AM
-->
I hate widespread, random noise because I can't pick out the parts I'm intended to hear. I hate specific repetitive sounds because they force my attention when I'd rather be doing something else. In both cases they induce a kind of random attention disorder on me, as a vehicle to escape the two described conditions.

I am reminded of John Belushi in Animal House in which he is stopped cold by a vapid poet earnestly singing love songs with sappy lyrics and mystifying metaphors. He finally has enough, goes up the poet with the guitar, takes the guitar, and smashes it into a thousand pieces. Then he walks away happy.

Hey, I related to that.

I also acknowledge hearing loss that is wearing me out. Exasperating because I'm losing sound I'd like to hear, like crickets and doves and clarinets, while the horns and drums seem to be stronger. Musical bedlam.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
So I have grown and experienced more and I have some questions/ thoughts.
This is linked to this threads point.
So I have for a long time now had this huge anger issue that I avoid and keep waaaay down deep. In highschool I learned my physical warning signs I was getting mad, and I havent felt it come up in a long time and i sort of learned what triggers it. Confrontation, physical or verbal, It makes me feel very violent. Not I want to win, not I want to show them, but I want to kill them and make it very painful. A long time ago I learned how bad it was and learned to get out of dodge when I feel it come up, because I know I could kill someone laughing the whole time. (I grew up in a rather crazy abusive household) I know this cant be normal or ok because it scares me too, the question is, because this is a knee jerk instant reaction, how can I really improve? I think if someone actually hit me I would just lose it instantly and try to murder them on the spot, what am i to do? I never really thought about it too much, I guess I thought this was normal, but thinking back... no
Am I a mental case or what
this is why I sold my shotgun and will never allow myself to get drunk, or high
how do you warn someone without sounding completely crazy
The autism suggestion from way back when is sounding very accurate. It runs in my family and I have been told by a mother of an aspergers child that I have it.
Sorry for the grammar
Also dont read my old posts I was retarded

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:53 PM
-->
idk see a therapist

do you do shit to animals?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
no I love animals,

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
anger is supposed to adjust the behavior of people around you. It's a signal to someone that you don't like what they are doing. Just always repressing it is not good – depending on what you are angry at. If someone is making you angry, the way to go is to express that in as a polite way as possible. That way it doesn't just brew inside of you. If something is making you angry, then it's an irrational emotion and you should just cool off.

that's what I read in a pop psychology book, anyway

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Well I suppress it, not hide it. I cant hide it, my face becomes blank and my voice becomes monotone. lost some friends yesterday because of it

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
You're normal, just quirky.

Top Bottom