• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Is this Fe or Fi (pseudo Fe)

ILYGodney

Local time
Today 1:32 AM
-->
I cannot resist helping others no matter how tired I am, or how much I need help myself. One of my personal values includes helping others whenever they need help. I think in our world, we need to have more sympathy towards others. Though to be honest, I don't really give a damn about others. I'm fairly apathetic towards everyone, I just want to do the right thing in order to achieve inner peace. I find that if I do something morally wrong, even if my mind doesn't realize it, my conscience keeps stressing me out. I literally lose sleep if I do anything that doesn't feel right.

Nothing disgusts me more than people who invalidate other people's feelings and/or experiences. People who decide that others are oversensitive for reacting to anyone get on my nerves. If I hurt someone, even if I didn't mean to, I always will apologize. This has stemmed from people deeming me as oversensitive or insane from being very emotional/depressed when I was in 8th grade even though I was going through depression and attempted suicide. Nobody showed any sympathy towards me even though it was quite obvious in my opinion.

I had rather terrible social skills when I was younger. I used to hit people all the time (I meant for it to be playful) and make inappropriate/weird jokes. Also, I remember I really wanted to belong to this one group and they used to call me a stalker even though I just wanted to talk to some people. Because of this experience, I decided to try to avoid making other people feel excluded. I don't understand how people can do that though since it's so awkward and kinda mean. I like making other people feel like they belong but only when I deem them worthy of it.

What do you think? Is anyone else similar?

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
Today 5:32 AM
-->

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Says enough. Fe. Case closed.

Really? I don't do it because I care though. I do it because if I were in the same circumstances, I'd like help too. Could still be Fe though.

Paladin-X

ISTP
Local time
Yesterday 11:32 PM
-->
That sounds like Fi to me. My two INFP friends will do the same for others. For both, helping others is a strong personal value, even when they don't want to. According to Dario Nardi, author of Neuroscience of Personality, he describes Fe and Fi as:

Extraverted Feeling
"Nurturing trust through giving relationships.:

Empathically respond to others' needs and values as your own. Check for respect and trust. Give and receive support to grow closer to people.

Introverted Feeling
"Staying true to who you really are."

Pay close attention to your personal identity, values, and beliefs. Check with your conscience before you act. Choose behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Local time
-->
Currently I'm big into socionics and Model A. It is more descriptive in the way we use each function. It's especially enlightening on how we use shadow functions. So for the INTP, Fi is our "Role function" Fi in socionics is denoted by the outline of a little "L" shape, not a coloured in "L" shape. And Ti is the outline of a square. Our base function is Ti (for INTP). This quote is from the Wikinomics website:

[When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things. An example of each opposing pair of elements are:
vs. : a focus on one's environment and how it's affecting one's physical state vs. a focus on a situation's development over time and other underlying meanings vs. : active acquisition, control, and organization of visible territory and objects vs. active search for and development of invisible potential and emerging situations vs. : evaluation according to personal sentiments vs. evaluation according to impersonal laws (mercy vs. justice) vs. : evaluation according to the people/social element involved vs. evaluation according to efficiency, effectiveness or objective reasoning Because of this opposition, the more one gets carried away with one's base function, the more the role function is ignored or suppressed. People are generally somewhat aware of this suppression and perceive it as a personal weakness that needs to be "worked on" in order to meet other people's expectations and achieve something in society. It is typical for people to periodically work on their role function in order to correct imbalances in their life and improve their weak areas. However, these attempts are generally sporadic and are forgotten as soon as the perceived problem begins to go away and the person once again becomes carried away with their usual lifestyle which is dominated by their base function. Thus, development of the role function is more like patching up leaks than building a complete, self-sufficient structure. Often individuals wish they could build up their role function and become "supermen", but an excessive focus on this unreachable goal brings disappointment, because the base function always wins anyways.
When people are criticized for their lack of attentiveness to their role function, they are often irritated because they are already well aware of the deficiency and have already tried and failed to correct it. When problems arise with the role function, energy flows away from the base function, the individual brings his usual activities to a halt, and tries to pick up all the tasks he had been neglecting. Directing energy through the base function is effortless; working with the role function requires effort and concentration. Thus, people's concept of self-development is often centered on development of the role function and the Super-Ego block in general.
Compared to the vulnerable function, role function criticism is easier for a person to respond to or dismiss, since they believe that it has some value, in theory. The role function is triggered situationally, when individuals are met with situations that oppose their base aspect of reality. The base function only accepts information relating to its information aspect, and other information cannot be produced into new data with the creative function.]

We are effectively taking in information subconscously with Fi which (and if I'm reading the use of the other functions right) gets converted by Se into Ti friendly information which can be processed by our Ti.

So, when confronted with a new situation that goes against our base function we should appear to the outsider like introverted feelers. Conversely, introverted feelers should come across like introverted thinkers.

In my job I'm dealing with business owners a lot of the time, or people complaining about their life so I always feel like I have to be empathetic to them. I'm training and because I shadow other people on the job I don't have any actual input to make to the situation. I go into default Fi mode, which is really tiring to me tbh. I just stand around looking awkward and empathising weakly like a moron. If I were taking the lead I know I'd be thinking about their problem logically which would be more energising. I shadow an Fi lead and she definitley comes across as more rational in situations. But in the same way as myself even that is an act and she'll ask me for my opinion on how to rationally proceed after we get back to the office.

Like if there's a baby in the room, you just know the amount of reactive Fi required to deal with the mother, fake reactions to the baby etc is going to drain you so you run out. The altenative would be to use proactive Fe goodwill but it is not strong enough unless we have a lot of momentum energy saved up.

When INTPs talk about self-improvement, we speak about improving Fe, but according to socionics it's the third function (Fi) we actually want to improve. So either we try weakly to bring it on or just disregard it altogether.

Fe is our "suggestive" function, which responds well to support from others.

I've always wanted to be a musician, but I think I realise now that I just don't have the depth of feeling to come out with original Fi material. I love Mark Kozelek, Maria McKee, Sharon Van Etten, I think they're all Fi leads. I just don't have it. I have given up trying to bring on the role function in the musical sphere. But I'll still do Karaoke and put on a good show. I'm using Fe when I'm doing that, which is more comfortable.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Currently I'm big into socionics and Model A. It is more descriptive in the way we use each function. It's especially enlightening on how we use shadow functions. So for the INTP, Fi is our "Role function" Fi in socionics is denoted by the outline of a little "L" shape, not a coloured in "L" shape. And Ti is the outline of a square. Our base function is Ti (for INTP). This quote is from the Wikinomics website:

[When a person is actively using his base function, the role function is essentially turned off. The two cannot both be "on" at the same time, because they represent two opposing approaches to similar things. An example of each opposing pair of elements are:
vs. : a focus on one's environment and how it's affecting one's physical state vs. a focus on a situation's development over time and other underlying meanings vs. : active acquisition, control, and organization of visible territory and objects vs. active search for and development of invisible potential and emerging situations vs. : evaluation according to personal sentiments vs. evaluation according to impersonal laws (mercy vs. justice) vs. : evaluation according to the people/social element involved vs. evaluation according to efficiency, effectiveness or objective reasoning Because of this opposition, the more one gets carried away with one's base function, the more the role function is ignored or suppressed. People are generally somewhat aware of this suppression and perceive it as a personal weakness that needs to be "worked on" in order to meet other people's expectations and achieve something in society. It is typical for people to periodically work on their role function in order to correct imbalances in their life and improve their weak areas. However, these attempts are generally sporadic and are forgotten as soon as the perceived problem begins to go away and the person once again becomes carried away with their usual lifestyle which is dominated by their base function. Thus, development of the role function is more like patching up leaks than building a complete, self-sufficient structure. Often individuals wish they could build up their role function and become "supermen", but an excessive focus on this unreachable goal brings disappointment, because the base function always wins anyways.
When people are criticized for their lack of attentiveness to their role function, they are often irritated because they are already well aware of the deficiency and have already tried and failed to correct it. When problems arise with the role function, energy flows away from the base function, the individual brings his usual activities to a halt, and tries to pick up all the tasks he had been neglecting. Directing energy through the base function is effortless; working with the role function requires effort and concentration. Thus, people's concept of self-development is often centered on development of the role function and the Super-Ego block in general.
Compared to the vulnerable function, role function criticism is easier for a person to respond to or dismiss, since they believe that it has some value, in theory. The role function is triggered situationally, when individuals are met with situations that oppose their base aspect of reality. The base function only accepts information relating to its information aspect, and other information cannot be produced into new data with the creative function.]

We are effectively taking in information subconscously with Fi which (and if I'm reading the use of the other functions right) gets converted by Se into Ti friendly information which can be processed by our Ti.

So, when confronted with a new situation that goes against our base function we should appear to the outsider like introverted feelers. Conversely, introverted feelers should come across like introverted thinkers.

In my job I'm dealing with business owners a lot of the time, or people complaining about their life so I always feel like I have to be empathetic to them. I'm training and because I shadow other people on the job I don't have any actual input to make to the situation. I go into default Fi mode, which is really tiring to me tbh. I just stand around looking awkward and empathising weakly like a moron. If I were taking the lead I know I'd be thinking about their problem logically which would be more energising. I shadow an Fi lead and she definitley comes across as more rational in situations. But in the same way as myself even that is an act and she'll ask me for my opinion on how to rationally proceed after we get back to the office.

Like if there's a baby in the room, you just know the amount of reactive Fi required to deal with the mother, fake reactions to the baby etc is going to drain you so you run out. The altenative would be to use proactive Fe goodwill but it is not strong enough unless we have a lot of momentum energy saved up.

When INTPs talk about self-improvement, we speak about improving Fe, but according to socionics it's the third function (Fi) we actually want to improve. So either we try weakly to bring it on or just disregard it altogether.

Fe is our "suggestive" function, which responds well to support from others.

I've always wanted to be a musician, but I think I realise now that I just don't have the depth of feeling to come out with original Fi material. I love Mark Kozelek, Maria McKee, Sharon Van Etten, I think they're all Fi leads. I just don't have it. I have given up trying to bring on the role function in the musical sphere. But I'll still do Karaoke and put on a good show. I'm using Fe when I'm doing that, which is more comfortable.

I'm not an INTP. I have no Ti. But that's an very interesting post!

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
That sounds like Fi to me. My two INFP friends will do the same for others. For both, helping others is a strong personal value, even when they don't want to. According to Dario Nardi, author of Neuroscience of Personality, he describes Fe and Fi as:

Extraverted Feeling
"Nurturing trust through giving relationships.:

Empathically respond to others' needs and values as your own. Check for respect and trust. Give and receive support to grow closer to people.

Introverted Feeling
"Staying true to who you really are."

Pay close attention to your personal identity, values, and beliefs. Check with your conscience before you act. Choose behavior congruent with what is important to you.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I never mistake anyone's feelings for my own. I know what I feel and I rely on that.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
Yesterday 10:32 PM
-->
Fi are the selfish ones and Fe are the fake ones

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Are you helping out of a sense of real altruism, or because you're a moral perfectionist?

If the urge is more akin to your need to have an organized sock drawer (or whatever), then it's definitely Fe.

I help others out because I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated. I simultaneously care but don't care. I am a moral perfectionist but I can be altruistic at times. Yeah, I'd say it's more akin to my need to have an organized sock drawer. I care more about organizing my moral rules and following them.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 3:02 PM
-->
If you don't Ti, then you can infer Fi.

It sounds to me as if you have Fi but express it in such a way that could be mistaken for Fe. What really matters is why you act the way you behave, not how you actually behave.

This... is a very rounded assertion.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->

LOL

If you don't Ti, then you can infer Fi. It sounds to me as if you have Fi but express it in such a way that could be mistaken for Fe. What really matters is why you act the way you behave, not how you actually behave.

Yeah, I was thinking that too though I was wondering if there was a possibility that I'm actually an Fe user. Yup, I completely agree with you!

axemblack

Local time
Today 12:32 AM
-->
One of my personal values includes helping others whenever they need help. I think in our world, we need to have more sympathy towards others. Though to be honest, I don't really give a damn about others. I'm fairly apathetic towards everyone, I just want to do the right thing in order to achieve inner peace.

This is to me a clear indicator of Fi. It's not so much about making the other person feel better as it is about staying true to your personal sense of morals, or more cynically put, making yourself feel better (a charge which could be levied at both Fe and Fi). However, Fe seems much more adept at adapting itself to the situation, whether that be through kindness or cruelty. An experienced Fe user can often choose, or at least augment, which emotion or response he/she wishes to use around others, and understands the "objective" ramifications of that action. The Fe user does have a sense of morals, but the situation in which they are exercising their Fe has its own objective reality and demands, and the compromise between these two sometimes conflicting perspectives (the personal and the social) is what informs how, when, and why they choose to display kindness towards others, or any other emotion meant for the interpersonal.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
This is to me a clear indicator of Fi. It's not so much about making the other person feel better as it is about staying true to your personal sense of morals, or more cynically put, making yourself feel better (a charge which could be levied at both Fe and Fi). However, Fe seems much more adept at adapting itself to the situation, whether that be through kindness or cruelty. An experienced Fe user can often choose, or at least augment, which emotion or response he/she wishes to use around others, and understands the "objective" ramifications of that action. The Fe user does have a sense of morals, but the situation in which they are exercising their Fe has its own objective reality and demands, and the compromise between these two sometimes conflicting perspectives (the personal and the social) is what informs how, when, and why they choose to display kindness towards others, or any other emotion meant for the interpersonal.

Yes, definitely. At the end of the day, it's my feelings that matter over anyone else's. How does Fe adapt through cruelty? That's very interesting and yeah, I can see that from my interactions IRL.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
So after this thread got a lot of heckle. I will share my insight. My brilliancy expresses itself through the power of red colored text.

I cannot resist helping others no matter how tired I am This is objective emotive intention. Your purpose of fullfilment is relating the object, not the subject. The subject would mean you to deeply check within whether you want to help others or not, which would be dependant on that what is fair on a personal level. If you owe a person a favor, you would help them in order to create inner peace which is Fi., or how much I need help myself. Taking the self out of the equation of fairness is Objective. Fe. One of my personal values includes helping others whenever they need help. You consider it by objective means, so it is Fe. I think in our world This is Fe speaking, because you are making an objective claim. "This is objective and thus accounts for whole humanity", we need to have more sympathy towards others. Fe de la Fe :) Though to be honest Objectively speaking.. "To be honest." = Fe., I don't really give a damn about others. Including ones own hypocrisy is Fe as it has an objective purpose. I'm fairly apathetic towards everyone, I just want to do the right thing in order to achieve inner peace. Now this is what is confusing it to be Fe, but that's not true. There are different versions of inner piece, that of JiPe and that of JePi. (In this case we will be focusing on FiPe and FePi). FiPe is that of personal justice, FePi is that of objective justice. FePi, Objective justice can also relate to the subject thyself, but when that is the case the subject will be treated as an object instead. In your case: Inner piece is the urge for objective justice, thus Fe. I find that if I do something morally wrong, even if my mind doesn't realize it, my conscience keeps stressing me out. Fighting for the purpose of morals against your own ignorance is Very Fe. It is objective. I literally lose sleep if I do anything that doesn't feel right. Fe Fe Fe Fe Fe...

Nothing disgusts me more than people who invalidate other people's feelings and/or experiences Objective injustice! Fe.. People who decide that others are oversensitive for reacting to anyone get on my nerves Not personally affiliated but still affecting you (deeply), Fe.. If I hurt someone Then?, even if I didn't mean to Fe., I always will apologize Fi 'doesn't' apologize for something that wasn't meant. This is because it is about external equilibrium which is Fe, a perspective detached from the subject.. This has stemmed from people deeming me as oversensitive or insane from being very emotional/depressed when I was in 8th grade even though I was going through depression and attempted suicide. Clarifying perspective by specifying it. This is Fe. Nobody showed any sympathy towards me even though it was quite obvious in my opinion. This is injustice! (Fe)

I had rather terrible social skills when I was younger. I used to hit people all the time (I meant for it to be playful) and make inappropriate/weird jokes. Also, I remember I really wanted to belong to this one group and they used to call me a stalker even though I just wanted to talk to some people. Because of this experience, I decided to try to avoid making other people feel excluded As that would be moral justice. (Fe). I don't understand how people can do that though since it's so awkward and kinda mean This is Ti speaking.. I like making other people feel like they belong but only when I deem them worthy of it. As that would be just. (Fe)

What do you think? CLEARLY Fe. There is no doubt. Is anyone else similar? Yeah, people do not differ so much from one another. :)

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
why bother with shit like that

Haha. True. I've studied socionics and Podlair too, which both can be applied in the language of MBTI. So why the f*cking huss to create confusing symbols etc. It's merely an annoying sophistication. And no matter how deep their theory go's, 9 out of 10 will opt out as soon as they see the crazy outlook.
Omg, so INFJish to share this speculative opinionated specification.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
So after this thread got a lot of heckle. I will share my insight. My brilliancy expresses itself through the power of red colored text.

That actually makes a lot of sense! I care about the well-being of everyone, not just the people I care about or the people I'm around. I'm thinking I could be an Fe user by now after a bit of researching. I read just recently that Jung didn't associate morals with Fi. I could be an Fe user with a strong 1 fix or core type which could probably resemble stereotypical Fi. Which type do you think would be more likely to care about injustice? Fe or Fi? Because any sort of injustice makes me rage! Also, you seem to know a lot about your cognitive functions. Any good resources you suggest to learn more about them? Thanks! And red is a very powerful color!

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Haha. True. I've studied socionics and Podlair too, which both can be applied in the language of MBTI. So why the f*cking huss to create confusing symbols etc. It's merely an annoying sophistication. And no matter how deep their theory go's, 9 out of 10 will opt out as soon as they see the crazy outlook.
Omg, so INFJish to share this speculative opinionated specification.

How's Podlair like? I tried to get into socionics but I found a lot of the symbols, theories, etc. to be impractical. Agreed lol.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Great post. (just wanted to say that.)

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
That actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks. I care about the well-being of everyone, not just the people I care about or the people I'm around. I'm thinking I could be an Fe user by now after a bit of researching. I read just recently that Jung didn't associate morals with Fi. I could be an Fe user with a strong 1 fix or core type which could probably resemble stereotypical Fi. Which type do you think would be more likely to care about injustice? Fe or Fi? Fe Because any sort of injustice makes me rage! That is indicative towards the type INFJ. "The Protector" Also, you seem to know a lot about your cognitive functions. Any good resources you suggest to learn more about them? Learn MBTI and Socionics via Wikipedia to get the basis. Then learn Pod'Lair (but maintain the language you learned from MBTI; Pod'Lair is the same theory but renamed things and elaborated on stuff) and start typing people. Once you start typing people, your curiosity towards the phenomenon of MBTI will guide you further :D Thanks! And red is a very powerful color!

If you have any questions you could always ask me. But don't trust people (including me and even Jung etc.) too much. We all make mistakes, which is duly notable. Often so, people whom have an high understanding of MBTI disagree with each other. After all, the whole phenomenon breaks down to philosophy. And there is no superior? Any how. Make up your own philosophy is what I'm saying :D

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
If you have any questions you could always ask me. But don't trust people (including me and even Jung etc.) too much. We all make mistakes, which is duly notable. Often so, people whom have an high understanding of MBTI disagree with each other. After all, the whole phenomenon breaks down to philosophy. And there is no superior? Any how. Make up your own philosophy is what I'm saying :D

Why INFJ? And what do Fi users think of injustice? Thanks for the advice and sure, I'll try that. What's your philosophy?

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
Why INFJ? And what do Fi users think of injustice? Thanks for the advice and sure, I'll try that. What's your philosophy?

For questions relating Fi, I'd recommend you asking Montresor. He is an ISFP. (Fi dom)

Why INFJ? INFJs are protectors. The "Not on my watch!" kind of people, and are very serious about it. I myself am an INFJ, so I know. :phear:

My philosophy is rather deep. It brakes down to that Personality is merely a combination of characteristics. Characteristics which are predefined by the consistency in prioritizing your consciousness its awareness. States of consciousness which can be categorized in dichotomies. The preference, in personality-type.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 6:32 AM
-->
How's Podlair like? I tried to get into socionics but I found a lot of the symbols, theories, etc. to be impractical. Agreed lol.

if you didn't gather that from my post, you ought to boost yer Ne

sorry for being hostile, just making a point pretending we have an implicit common ground of extraverbal benevolence.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
For questions relating Fi, I'd recommend you asking Montresor. He is an ISFP. (Fi dom)

Why INFJ? INFJs are protectors. The "Not on my watch!" kind of people, and are very serious about it. I myself am an INFJ, so I know. :phear:

My philosophy is rather deep. It brakes down to that Personality is merely a combination of characteristics. Characteristics which are predefined by the consistency in prioritizing your consciousness its awareness. States of consciousness which can be categorized in dichotomies. The preference, in personality-type.

Sure, I'll definitely do that!

Oh okay, and interesting philosophy. It makes sense.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
if you didn't gather that from my post, you ought to boost yer Ne

sorry for being hostile, just making a point pretending we have an implicit common ground of extraverbal benevolence.

My Ne's alright. And lol, great.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Though, at the end of the day, I care much more about my own feelings/morals than other people. When something's really important to me, I'm fine trampling over other people's feelings

Rocco

^^^ What he said
Local time
-->
Though, at the end of the day, I care much more about my own feelings/morals than other people. When something's really important to me, I'm fine trampling over other people's feelings

I'm sure this is a feature of lots of types, but I could have written this statement myself. You don't seem like an INTP, but this post screams "inferior Fe" to me. Someone with more MBTI expertise correct me on this. :p

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
I'm sure this is a feature of lots of types, but I could have written this statement myself. You don't seem like an INTP, but this post screams "inferior Fe" to me. Someone with more MBTI expertise correct me on this. :p

Egocentrism is inclusive in all humans. Whatever you think, has the purpose of rewarding. Even helping others serves the self. If I help other people understand my logic, my objectivity increases and my drift away from reality decreases. :rolleyes:

The awareness of this might scream inferiority of Fe, but I wouldn't argue it to be exclusive to just that. Take me for instance. I am f*cking Fe-tastic! :D

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Egocentrism is inclusive in all humans. Whatever you think, has the purpose of rewarding. Even helping others serves the self. If I help other people understand my logic, my objectivity increases and my drift away from reality decreases. :rolleyes:

The awareness of this might scream inferiority of Fe, but I wouldn't argue it to be exclusive to just that. Take me for instance. I am f*cking Fe-tastic! :D

I definitely agree with you. Interesting!

I doubt inferior Fe lol. Descriptions of Ti always confuse me though I relate a lot to inferior Fe and I'm definitely an extravert. LOL

ILYGodney

Local time
-->

That's interesting! How so?

Rocco

^^^ What he said
Local time
-->
In INTPs, our caring about other people is much more pragmatically based than the standard definition of "caring". It can be easy for us to lose sight of our own moral code when working towards a goal. Think "Mad Scientist," and you'll get the idea.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
In INTPs, our caring about other people is much more pragmatically based than the standard definition of "caring". It can be easy for us to lose sight of our own moral code when working towards a goal. Think "Mad Scientist," and you'll get the idea.

Interesting, could you explain more? I don't I ever lose sight of my own moral code. I can see that!

Obsidian

INTP
Local time
-->
I think it is Fi just because you have thought about it so much. And the desire to help EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU COME ACROSS is not a widespread feeling. Objective feeling would be more grounded and practical than that. The idea of helping every single person is sort of insane.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 3:02 PM
-->
Insane? No. Infeasible? Yes.

If you believe in true altruism, then it shouldn't matter who they are.

Edit: I need to quote people to stop them removing the context of my statements when they edit.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
I think it is Fi just because you have thought about it so much. And the desire to help EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU COME ACROSS is not a widespread feeling. Objective feeling would be more grounded and practical than that. The idea of helping every single person is sort of insane.

Interesting and I don't believe too much in being practical when it comes to morals. I think it's bad if you have reality touch your morals. Causes moral impurity or something similar. I guess so but who cares?

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 1:32 PM
-->
The answer from my Ne is: Fe.

Since I am now a newly-minted Fi-dominant, I can say that your feelings are not really Fi. Fi is about feeling the feelings. It isn't purely self-focused either, because I believe empathy is involved in Fi. It's about experiencing the feelings of both yourself and others as deeply as possible, till they meld with your being and you become part of the feeling that you share with others. I know it's often described as "idealism" or something like that but I don't think that captures it. It is a fundamental oneness of all the feelings you can possibly feel and all the feelings which you feel that others around you can feel, a whirlpool, a miasma of colours and shades that blend into each other, never entirely separate but never the same in any one particular spot (the remnants of my Ti/Si tell me that it would look like a Julia or Mandelbrot fractal if visualised).

Being considerate to others' feelings and striving to make others happier through the way you relate to them sounds very much more like Fe, which is a different sort of empathy from Fi. Think of it this way: Fe prescribes, and Fi describes. Fe means being sensitive, Fi means feeling the insensitivity when it exists.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->

Since I am now a newly-minted Fi-dominant, I can say that your feelings are not really Fi. Fi is about feeling the feelings. It isn't purely self-focused either, because I believe empathy is involved in Fi. It's about experiencing the feelings of both yourself and others as deeply as possible, till they meld with your being and you become part of the feeling that you share with others. I know it's often described as "idealism" or something like that but I don't think that captures it. It is a fundamental oneness of all the feelings you can possibly feel and all the feelings which you feel that others around you can feel, a whirlpool, a miasma of colours and shades that blend into each other, never entirely separate but never the same in any one particular spot (the remnants of my Ti/Si tell me that it would look like a Julia or Mandelbrot fractal if visualised).

Being considerate to others' feelings and striving to make others happier through the way you relate to them sounds very much more like Fe, which is a different sort of empathy from Fi. Think of it this way: Fe prescribes, and Fi describes. Fe means being sensitive, Fi means feeling the insensitivity when it exists.

I like emotionally connecting but I never take on anyone's feelings. Empathy is my thing rather than sympathy but if something doesn't relate to my feelings, I don't feel anything. I'm not too aware of other people's feelings even though I try to be considerate. I'm fine with making people angry when it comes my morals but I guess I like making other people happy. I help others because I would like to be helped in those sort of circumstances rather than because I care. It's also part of my social image. Interesting!

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
Well here goes I read the OP but didn't read the thread.

I think Fi.

Now I'll go back and read the rest of the thread.

Edit: Ok reading upwards, I see Walfin's post. Fi is much more strongly associated with sympathy than empathy. Strong feelings of empathy are not the trademark of Fi, but basically the definition of Fe, non?

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->

I'm sorry wally but I think you're absolutely backwards in these descriptions.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Well here goes I read the OP but didn't read the thread.

I think Fi.

Now I'll go back and read the rest of the thread.

Edit: Ok reading upwards, I see Walfin's post. Fi is much more strongly associated with sympathy than empathy. Strong feelings of empathy are not the trademark of Fi, but basically the definition of Fe, non?

What's your definition of empathy? I don't exactly understand people's feelings but I'm all about identification and putting myself in their shoes. And why do you, yourself think Fi? I'm pretty sure this is Fi too though.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
I'm sorry wally but I think you're absolutely backwards in these descriptions.

Then I'm definitely an Fi user, no questions asked, because I didn't relate to that description at all.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
What's your definition of empathy? I don't exactly understand people's feelings but I'm all about identification and putting myself in their shoes. And why do you, yourself think Fi? I'm pretty sure this is Fi too though.

Hmm. Nobody said I'm right though.

Empathy equates to feeling the feelings of others, as though they were felt by the subject itself. I like to think of empathy as Fe.

Sympathy equates to feeling the feelings of the self, in response to perceiving the feelings of the object. I associate this with Fi.

ILYGodney

Local time
-->
Hmm. Nobody said I'm right though.

Empathy equates to feeling the feelings of others, as though they were felt by the subject itself. I like to think of empathy as Fe.

Sympathy equates to feeling the feelings of the self, in response to perceiving the feelings of the object. I associate this with Fi.

I know, still saying depending on my knowledge of Fi-Fe. And if that's true, I'm an Fi user. I don't feel anyone's feelings even though I like emotionally connecting.

Top Bottom