• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Jordan Peterson: 12 More Rules for Life

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:48 PM
-->
Currently at the show, will review after.
Lots of NTs here by the look of it and more women than I was expecting, still mostly men though, like 1/5 women.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:48 PM
-->
Have goals, know what you want, value your friends/family and make time for them, it was all pretty solid advice.

He does tend to waffle though and insists on using Christian mythology based metaphors.

I get the impression that he views god not as an entity or force but rather a metaphor for existence or perhaps more accurately the experience of existing as a human. That your relationship with god is your relationship with the nature of your existence and it is something that people necessarily struggle with and that the struggle is itself important to being human.

Also at one point he addressed the decline of the traditional family unit by saying society has developed a sick and overly specific interpretation of rights and freedoms. That having a family of some sort shouldn’t be seen as an obligation or burden but rather an essential aspect of one's mental health. That it's a matter of responsibility and we need to be responsible for something outside ourselves so as to face adversity and not succumb to nihilism.

I'm paraphrasing of course, I don't have an eidetic memory and as I said he waffles.

Old Things

I am unworthy of His grace
Local time
Today 12:48 AM
-->
I get the impression that he views god not as an entity or force but rather a metaphor for existence or perhaps more accurately the experience of existing as a human.

Yes. Peterson is not a Christian by my count because he doesn't believe that the resurrection actually happened. He says some wise things sometimes, but he simply is not a Christian.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:48 PM
-->
Was he in Australia for a book signing or something?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 5:48 AM
-->
1. There are no rules to life. We make them.
That should be the only rule people should be taught.
Because we assume when shit goes down JP will be next to us and telling us how to overcome difficulty.
Society for how freedom minded we as people are is obsessive about what we should do.
The fact is I do not see this a real solution all people problems.
Like I cleaned my room, and shit did not get any more real.
I just could not find shit anymore.

Top Bottom