• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Language Pen Pals

ruminator

INTP 4w5
Local time
Today 2:42 PM
-->
I want a pen pal to exchange emails with in a foreign language (to practice and learn). I can speak on a conversational level, I just need to keep exercising it so that I don't lose touch, and to improve my vocab/grammar.

My languages of choice: French or English

So basically, if anyone speaks French, we could exchange emails in French, or I could write to you in French and you could respond to me in English (to practice your English). Or if anyone just wants to practice English, even if you don't speak French, I'm happy to exchange emails in English.

There are probably other avenues for this but I feel like people on this forum have similar interests/mindset so it would be more interesting to have a pen pal from here as opposed to any random language website.

If anyone else wants a language pen pal feel free to post what you want in this thread =D

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 11:42 AM
-->
Let's be pen pals, haha. I don't speak French but am going to learn, so that would be cool to me. I can do English but what else would be good for you? What can you think of now that would be useful for later on down the line that you want? What are you looking to get out of this.

If we exchange letters or emails, I don't see how that'd be different from posting here. You can even just PM different users here. Good idea nonetheless, although these things never work out.

Local time
Today 7:42 PM
-->
I've taken an interest in the French language as of late, so I would certainly consider pen-paling a viable option. :)

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
Today 1:42 PM
-->
I've also been trying to learn French lately. If you're interested in correspondents who are not and have never been quite fluent in French (though I took classes in school and have been around French speakers intermittently for much of my life, so I'm not a stranger to it), I'm available. English is my first language.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Tomorrow 4:42 AM
-->
Salut, je préférerais apprendre le Chinois. 玩谷歌翻译很有趣!

ruminator

INTP 4w5
Local time
Today 2:42 PM
-->
Cool! Since there are multiple people interested in French, I realized that another option is to just start a dedicated French thread on here. Then many people can participate. Thoughts?

Local time
-->
Cool! Since there are multiple people interested in French, I realized that another option is to just start a dedicated French thread on here. Then many people can participate. Thoughts?
That sounds lovely. :) I'm all for it.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 12:42 PM
-->
I should have one, or several. I used to have one for French, but contact with them was minimal and he wasn't exactly fluent in French, only a little more proficient than I was. Now I'm even less practiced in French due to having not used it in ages, but I'm sure a few weeks of daily contact with different French speaking pen pals would bring me back to where I was.

Apart from French, I was interested in a Serbian speaking pen pal yet I had no luck.

I'm open to speaking with anyone in French, just be aware that it may take several conversations to start remembering things. As for Serbian, I'm not to the point yet where I can have random conversations about anything, only basic things, however I'd still be willing to start engaging with a Serbian speaker.

Bruno

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:42 PM
-->
I want a pen pal to exchange emails with in a foreign language (to practice and learn). I can speak on a conversational level, I just need to keep exercising it so that I don't lose touch, and to improve my vocab/grammar.

My languages of choice: French or English

So basically, if anyone speaks French, we could exchange emails in French, or I could write to you in French and you could respond to me in English (to practice your English). Or if anyone just wants to practice English, even if you don't speak French, I'm happy to exchange emails in English.

There are probably other avenues for this but I feel like people on this forum have similar interests/mindset so it would be more interesting to have a pen pal from here as opposed to any random language website.

If anyone else wants a language pen pal feel free to post what you want in this thread =D

What is your e-mail?
I'm Brazilian/Swiss (I was born in Brazil and I live in Switzerland).
Talk in english is difficult to me, although I can understand. But, of course, it's frustrating. Maybe you can help me. [EN]

J'habite à Genève, alors le français fait partie de mon quotidien. C'est vrai que je n'habite pas ici depuis longtemps et je fais encore quelques erreurs, mais, peut-être que je peux t'aider.
Pour moi, parler en français est un peu plus naturel grâce à l'origine latine de la langue (ma langue maternelle est la langue portugaise). [FR]

Então, eu consigo entender bem quando ouço alguém falando em inglês e em italiano (duas línguas nas quais eu tenho uma boa base) mas não consigo falar automaticamente, o que me incomoda. [PT/BR]

Quando scrivo in altre lingue è un po 'più facile. Principalmente perché ho tempo per pensare. Certo, faccio ancora degli errori, ma mi sento più sicuro di esprimermi. [IT]

So... to write in english and in italian, I needed the help of the internet. That's what I want to change. It would be great to do it alone. [EN]

Thanks!

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 11:42 AM
-->
French is boring, I wanted to learn it 10 years ago but was too busy so just picked up phrases here and there until the time came where I learned it. Spanish and Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin) were in more demand for jobs to make money and French was just fancy and extra, similar to Italian. I think people just get overly excited and try to rush to the next hyped thing. Obviously, Sherlock Holmes’s rivals, as SH was known to be a “master logician” or “expert in reasoning” especially in the art of the science of seduction, were French characters, so that’s the attracting factor (or the appeal) there, the irony being, SH spoke (some) French but was English, and not French, the Frenchmen being the stereotypical thieves. I was going to go into more detail about this in a non-fiction book I was writing, and then I was going to do a “fan fiction” tale or short story, but I decided not to, and then figured I’d post some here and there, because people just rape, force, and provoke posts and information instead of just waiting for the book to come out, so I wasn’t even going to post anything to begin with. I decided to leave social media until it’s done.

Granted, Spanish or French maybe should have been the first languages I studied (took Spanish in high school).

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Je parle Français, je veux bien échanger avec vous. N’hésitez pas à m'envoyer un message privé ou public si vous voulez engager la conversation. Personnellement j'apprend actuellement l'Espagnol, donc si quelqu'un veux me parler en Espagnol ça m'arrange aussi. (mais je préfère en message privé, parce que je préfère me tromper en privé pour avoir l'air plus parfaite :) )

Je fais aussi pas mal de traduction, donc je pense que je pourrais être assez utile dans certains cas.

I also do quite a bit of translation, so I feel like I could be quite helpful in some cases :)

Top Bottom