• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

LGBT INTP

Adaire

backish
Local time
Yesterday, 20:42
I can't recall a thread of this type ever existing despite being a old timer. It has been rather straight lately, so I thought it time to add a splash of color.

So how does your INTPness inform your LGBTness and vice versa?
Surely I can't be the only one here.

Personally speaking, I'm technically bi, but mostly into women. Being introverted with nonstandard preferences can be a bit of a conundrum.

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
Id trade my non-dominant ring finger to be bi.
Im super straight, I dont find myself attractive because I dont find men to be visually appealing. Its pretty gay. Im so straight it seems like closet gay.
I think you should be allowed to fuck anyone and anything, as long as they are of age, and the other things arent harmed or stressed. If you want to turn your penis into a vagina, I support you, If you want to turn your dick into a snake, well show me when your done. I support you
If I could take estrogen for a month I might give being a bi a shot, whilst I would trade my non-dominant ring finger, I would not turn my pecs into man tits or my barely manly voice, into a higher pitch.
If I werent an intp I would hate gay people and inform them of their fiery demise, Im not like that though, I fight my stupid world views. I had a gay friend once, he thought I was gay and I thought we were becoming good friends. woops

Hormones play a role in attraction, but instincts play a large role too. I would say its more complicated than genetics or childhood, or even culture. I think culture could make people ok with gay/straight sex, but not attracted to it.
You can trust me, I watch the other humans

Animekitty

baby marshmallow born today
Local time
Yesterday, 21:42
Being an empath I have a sixth sense (Ni) that lets me read a persons emotional aura. I let the mind be in a state of detached observation inside myself until I just get it. I am able to hold in me the state others are in. I can become the other person. That is why it is important to not let other emotions overwhelm me. I simply know how others are, that is not describable in words. This becoming the other (Fi) means I can process their emotions as if they were mine. I sync up and tun in. but it can be too much.

Using my intuition and feeling has given others the impression of me being feminine. t is because I am more receptive in my approach to things. I am not hard or aggressive or indifferent. Being masculine has to me always been felt as forceful and logical. I have not identified with that part of me. So the receptive nature of the feminine has always been inside me.

Women are also seen as emotional which as said I process a lot of emotions that most males suppress in themselves. I am still unable to process some of my emotions because they would require me to confide in someone. I have no one to whom I can put all my trust. So they remain bottled up. But I would not oppose trusting the right person.

I would also not oppose gender reassignment surgery in the year 2040 because it will be reversible by then. I would probably switch every few years. But it would be easier to just use VR and use simulated bodies.

So in me -> INTJ -> empath -> receptiveness -> feminine -> trans

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:42
Does trans include transhuman?

If you catch someone breaking into your house ask them "are you pansexual?"
"Err no"
"But have you tried it?" and hold up a frying pan.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Today, 05:42

"Err no"
That definitely counts, the community is very inclusive. I'm deadpan sexual. It is a bit of a conundrum, cause even in the world of kettles, necrophilia is frowned upon.

@peoplesuck You're breaking my heart, husbando.

I'm not gay, although I've tried to get into guys (huhuh) for the experience. Doesn't take. I have no gay friends, either, which is a pity because they're so different (which makes them interesting to me). I had a gay shrink, though, and I have a trans friend. Depending on your level of political correctness, I guess you could call him gay.

@Animekitty I barely know you, but have you considered being an F? Maybe INFP, or INFJ? I know people tend to call other people's type into doubt as an insult. I don't mean it like that. I just think I'm leaning slightly towards INTJ myself, so I'm curious when others say they are, too.

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time

"Err no"
That definitely counts, the community is very inclusive. I'm deadpan sexual. It is a bit of a conundrum, cause even in the world of kettles, necrophilia is frowned upon.

I'm not gay, although I've tried to get into guys (huhuh) for the experience. Hasn't worked. I have no gay friends, either, which is a pity because they're so different (which makes them interesting to me). I had a gay shrink, though, and I have a trans friend. Depending on your level of political correctness, I guess you could call him gay.

@Animekitty I barely know you, but have you considered being an F? Maybe INFP, or INFJ? I know people tend to call other people's type into doubt as an insult. I don't mean it like that. I just think I'm leaning slightly towards INTJ myself, so I'm curious when others say they are, too.
Do not be upset, for true love exceptions can be made. I always had a thing for redheads anyways.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time

"Err no"

I'm not gay, although I've tried to get into guys (huhuh) for the experience. Hasn't worked. I have no gay friends, either, which is a pity because they're so different (which makes them interesting to me). I had a gay shrink, though, and I have a trans friend. Depending on your level of political correctness, I guess you could call him gay.

Do not be upset, for true love exceptions can be made. I always had a thing for redheads anyways.
<3 Infernal hair and eyes as black as the pits of hell. It always comes up whether my hair is brown or red. I'd say brown. My beard is definitely red, though...

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today, 06:42
I think LGBT and so on is gr8. More power to them.
It allows them to live how they want with the bonus of a very high chance of never passing on their genes due to sexual preferences and the lifestyle. Thus it is eugenic and very preferable even from a pragmatic pov.

Supression is logically the worst move. Just goes to show conservatards are retarded after all.

Thats my Ne-Ti laden pov. as a str8 guy.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Yes, I wonder whether gay people are aware of that irony. They are making themselves extinct. They used to have to wear beards, and consequentially procreated. Now all they do is adopt. Obviously genetic engineering is around the corner, and traditional evolution will be obsolete, but it's a funny thought.

There is probably a good reason why so many people are gay. It must lend them or the tribe some advantage.

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
[/QUOTE]
<3 Infernal hair and eyes as black as the pits of hell. It always comes up whether my hair is brown or red. I'd say brown. My beard is definitely red, though...
[/QUOTE]
The joke is on you, I can barely differentiate colors.
btw telling a person with green eyes, how pretty their blue eyes are, is not a good idea.
people get so fkin bent out of shape when I cannot find the thing they are describing solely with color, or when I then see it and correct them. BITCH HOW DARE YOU INSIST THAT IM THE ONE WHO SEES COLOR WRONG, SOME PEOPLE!

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today, 06:42
There is probably a good reason why so many people are gay. It must lend them or the tribe some advantage.
Ironically its because of dogmatic supression and shaming. If I were gay and society sees it a wrong I'd try to conform and torture myself with marrying, having kids, thus passing on my genes. Which is what has been happening until recently. Best example: Oscar Wilde

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
@Kormak Shame a gay today, they're going extinct and need all the help they can get!

@peoplesuck I'm a little color blind myself :,-(

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
@peoplesuck I'm a little color blind myself :,-(
Im more color confused, I can see all colors, mine are just a bit shifted, towards blue, I guess.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
@Kormak Russia thinks they are suppressing homosexuality through homophobia. Hah! In the west we are playing the long game. Chemical castration is so old fashioned, just give the faggots adoption rights! Muahahahahaha!

@peoplesuck Love the new profile pic. Is the wig an homage to your husbando?

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
@peoplesuck Love the new profile pic. Is the wig an homage to your husbando?
We imitate those we like :hearts:
its actually just my fucked up hair tho, I did bad things to it.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
It is actually that color? Well... It works, somehow. Very INTP. You are the sad clown archetype, after all.

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
It is actually that color? Well... It works, somehow. Very INTP. You are the sad clown archetype, after all.
I did bad things to it, to make it bend to my will.

I was actually talking to someone the other day about uterus donation, so will we be able to give men uteruses soon? wow my english is so bad.
I just realized, my language skills are like everything, spread wide, not deep.

Adaire

backish
Local time
This thread is like a gay bar that gets overrun by bored breeders.
That's ok though, I predicted it. :lol:

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
One of my dates said she wanted to take me to a gay bar, and put makeup on me. I informed her this was a bad idea.
WHY DO THEY ALWAYS WANT TO PUT MAKEUP ON ME?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today, 13:42
because it's fun and looks good

the real question is why you don't

Puffy

Aquila
Local time
Today, 04:42
There have been a few rare occasions, with people I've particularly connected with, where I've developed and acted upon sexual feelings towards same sex. I don't see any reason why that couldn't reappear in future.

At the same time I think that's more reflective of openness (kind of INTPish?) than being LGBT. I would identify as an ally though and have basically always had close LGBT friends in my adult life.

(Agree makeup is fun & looks good - would definitely experiment with androgyny more in a more self-confident phase of life.)

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time

Look at his profile picture. He clearly does! Don't listen to him, PS. You're just as beautiful without make-up.

When I was in kindergarten, my sister and her friend (she's eight years older than me) used to put make-up on me and dress me up in a wedding dress. I happily obliged so I could hang out with them. Hmmm, I suddenly remember that they also had me drink like a dog from the floor. It was so worth it.

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
not how natural selection works btw
A master of the universe character's personality would be just the way the way you are so ambivalent and distant, seems fitting.

Look at his profile picture. He clearly does! Don't listen to him, PS. You're just as beautiful without make-up.

When I was in kindergarten, my sister and her friend (she's eight years older than me) used to put make-up on me and dress me up in a wedding dress. I happily obliged so I could hang out with them. Hmmm, I suddenly remember that they also had me drink like a dog from the floor. It was so worth it.
I....actually had somewhat similar experience. I cannot remember much, but I betrayed the boys and was the girls doll.
Marbles, if you were a time traveler, you would tell me right?

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
I....actually had somewhat similar experience. I cannot remember much, but I betrayed the boys and was the girls doll.
Back when I was you, I made a pact with myself to send my past self a video tape explaining everything once I developed my time machine. It should be arriving in your mail any moment now.

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
Back when I was you, I made a pact with myself to send my past self a video tape explaining everything once I developed my time machine. It should be arriving in your mail any moment now.
Wow am I that tacky in the future, I dont rewind VHS tapes? SMH.
If you think about it, it makes sense to treat people like they are past you...sort of.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Wow am I that tacky in the future, I dont rewind VHS tapes? SMH.
If you think about it, it makes sense to treat people like they are past you...sort of.
Lol... second time today I'm sloppy with syntax. Let me rephrase. Back when I was you, I made a pact with myself that the day I developed my time machine, I would send my past self a video tape explaining everything (except how to make a time machine).

I'm starting to understand why these time traveling plots never make sense. They're a bloody nightmare to write.

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time

I associate men wearing makeup with a gothic guy who lived across the street from me, when I was younger. He was gross and very cringey, and edgy. He drove a black, lowered, honda civic, fart can exhaust and all. I do like eyeliner, its like the eye tattoos, contrasts your eyes with the DARKNESS.
PS. You're just as beautiful without make-up.
This is why you're my man.
If I seem unapproachable or eccentric now, I couldnt imagine wearing eye liner or something that hides my skins' imperfections.
I just bought some chapstick though. I superglued the cap to my mirror, so now it just hangs there, convenient, hard to lose.

Perfectly Normal Beast

harder, daddy
Local time
“i have a dream that one day i will live in a nation where ppl will not be judged by the content of their pants, but by the content of their character”

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:42
Puts a sock puppet on his dick.

"Don't judge me"

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Guilty as charged O_O Me and ma' mates once did that. We pretended like we were weary of being hit upon, but secretly we ended up disappointed when no one hit on us.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Yes, I wonder whether gay people are aware of that irony. They are making themselves extinct. They used to have to wear beards, and consequentially procreated. Now all they do is adopt. Obviously genetic engineering is around the corner, and traditional evolution will be obsolete, but it's a funny thought.

I don't think one can make oneself instinct. Are not humans basically planetary material. And have been, will be, as long as the planet is.

I suppose it depends on how much belief one have in the concept of "themselves".

Like two newborn babies in a hospital. If one swap them. Does it matter?

moody

Local time
I'm gonna assume most of you that spoke with the assumption of homosexuality being connection to genetics read @Polaris's post about LGBT studies....if you haven't do so now. It's in her thread.

But to reiterate (because it bugs me so much): there is no evidence homosexuality is genetic. None. There isn't much conclusive evidence on why someone would be homosexual vs. heterosexual, except for a study about the hormone cycles we undergo in the womb and how slight changes could effect later sexual orientation.

Fun fact: if, for some reason, a fetus with XY chromosomes fails to undergo the correct hormone cycle, the sacrum will never form, the testicles will stay inside the body, and the fetus will have female genitals, and most likely identify as female. It's possible that one of these people can live their whole lives without being aware that they have male DNA. Unless they do fertility tests, and the doctor decides to tell them they're biologically a man...but some doctors will choose not to say anything, and opt to tell them they're just infertile.

This is why the female form is, technically, the "default."

moody

Local time
If I werent an intp I would hate gay people and inform them of their fiery demise, Im not like that though, I fight my stupid world views. I had a gay friend once, he thought I was gay and I thought we were becoming good friends. woops
But gay men can typically be so much more fashionable than straight men, and they aren't as afraid to have a feminine side because they already don't completely adhere or identify with the "male stereotype."

Gay individuals and be friends with strait individuals of the same sex. Unfortunately, if he read you wrong, then you'd run into a problem. This is why I hate social standards about communications and "signals" that surround interactions. It makes people assume.

let the mind be in a state of detached observation inside myself until I just get it. I am able to hold in me the state others are in. I can become the other person. That is why it is important to not let other emotions overwhelm me. I simply know how others are, that is not describable in words. This becoming the other (Fi) means I can process their emotions as if they were mine. I sync up and tun in. but it can be too much.
There is a word for this. Empathy. It is a thing that is named.

I understand exactly what you mean. Most people rarely experience empathy because they're too busy protecting themselves by filtering what you're saying of the feelings you project. I've gotten better at compartmentalization, but if someone right next to me was upset, regardless of how well I knew them, I'd start to get a stomach ache. I sometimes have dreams about events going on in people's lives that turn out to be a bit prophetic, just because I can become so attuned to what they're feeling. I can tell if a friend who has struggled with depression slips into a bit of a relapse, and when they're doing well. I can tell when I can't reach someone, or how willing they are to listen to me, based on the look in their eyes.

It's amazing how empathic people can be when they stop thinking about themselves, and really just listen and pay attention to other people.

There have been a few rare occasions, with people I've particularly connected with, where I've developed and acted upon sexual feelings towards same sex. I don't see any reason why that couldn't reappear in future.
Sounds like you're a little demisexual?

This makes me sad. Older siblings can take such advantage of their younger siblings. I was extremely suspicious of any type of manipulation or humiliation from other people. Something like this happened to me once when I was about 8 or 9, and I was so mad that it never happened again. I don't think this attitude of "never again" always suits me in life....

peoplesuck

caretaker of machines
Local time
But gay men can typically be so much more fashionable than straight men, and they aren't as afraid to have a feminine side because they already don't completely adhere or identify with the "male stereotype."
I was told the reason people think im gay, is actually because I dress well and im hygienic. I had no idea. That was the reason for my post in you right now thread, I had my lady scarf ^_^ love it.
Gay individuals and be friends with strait individuals of the same sex. Unfortunately, if he read you wrong, then you'd run into a problem. This is why I hate social standards about communications and "signals" that surround interactions. It makes people assume.
I agree, he had no intention on being friends though, because im cute, or something like that. I would love a lesbian friend, knowing she wasnt attracted to me would keep me from developing those feelings. also I guess I mesh with women better, sorta just now finding out.
I helped him move, and then he ghosted me. -_-

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
This makes me sad. Older siblings can take such advantage of their younger siblings. I was extremely suspicious of any type of manipulation or humiliation from other people. Something like this happened to me once when I was about 8 or 9, and I was so mad that it never happened again. I don't think this attitude of "never again" always suits me in life....
I don't mind at all. Actually, if it meant I got to play with her friends, Id jump on the opportunity to put on a wedding dress, again :p

And really, we have got to get past this, now. There is absolutely evidence of homosexuality being heritable. That does not mean its heritability is absolute. Traits have a heritability between 0 and 1. I dare anyone here to find a study of any merit claiming a gay heritability of 0. I doubt you'd even find a study without merit claiming that.

Puffy

Aquila
Local time
I have a lot of the qualities of that and have considered it. I don't actively identify as demisexual as my suspicion is that my behaviour is more reflective of a repressed sexual function, and I wouldn't want to plaster over that by calling it something else. I imagine I'll be more sexually active as my inner security increases.

moody

Local time
I agree, he had no intention on being friends though, because im cute, or something like that. I would love a lesbian friend, knowing she wasnt attracted to me would keep me from developing those feelings. also I guess I mesh with women better, sorta just now finding out.
I helped him move, and then he ghosted me. -_-
People be weird.

I knew a lesbian who disliked all straight men XD Not as a rule, just by happenstance. She complained once that she thought the musician she was sitting next to (for one of our performance cycles) was gay, so she tried befriending him...the she "realized he wasn't gay, but just a straight guy who was a pretentious asshole."

(To be fair, he kind of is...)

Id jump on the opportunity to put on a wedding dress, again
Get married and be the bride. Your lady can dress as the groom and wait for you at the end of the isle.

And really, we have got to get past this, now. There is absolutely evidence of homosexuality being heritable. That does not mean its heritability is absolute. Traits have a heritability between 0 and 1. I dare anyone here to find a study of any merit claiming a gay heritability of 0. I doubt you'd even find a study without merit claiming that.
gah, okay fine, moving on.

Inexorable Username

Local time
Yesterday, 23:42
So...I’ve never had any reason to think of myself as anything short of being straight as an arrow. Like, really, being with a girl just never even crossed my mind.

But then, not to long ago,I listened to a bi woman on YouTube talk about sex with men verses sex with women...and I thought to myself - holy cow. Sex with women sounds like all the things I’ve always wished sex with men could be like!

I fantasized a bit and it was sort of sexy, but selfishly so. I can see naked women bodies as being beautiful - but not as being sexy. Surprisingly, I can see scantily clad women as being sexy - but not naked ones, and actually I think in a weird psychologically twisted way, I think only see some scantily clad women as sexy because I’m empathizing with the way men would feel when they saw that sight. I don’t think anyone here is going to get what I’m saying -_- it’s fine. Lol.

Anyways - now I’m like Peoples. Caught in the weird limbo of secretly wishing I could be gay, but being painfully aware of my straightness. :/
I don’t even think I could give it a try because I would be afraid to break someone’s heart. I would be afraid they would get mislead by something I said, Into thinking I could “turn gay” and then I would not, and they would be very hurt and take it personally.

Yes. These are things I sit around thinking about at 2 in the morning...

Adaire

backish
Local time
Eh I think as long as you make it clear that you're experimenting/unsure then you're clear. Any non-standard sexuality isn't gonna make the same presumptions that the straights do. You grow up real quick and get over entitlement when you're sexuality doesn't match up to the norm. A lot of times stuff just isn't compatible, and it has nothing to do with your/their worth. It's why I really don't empathize with dudes that complain about women not liking them/friend zoning them. People are responsible for their own feelings. Of course you should make the assessment based on the individual and the circumstances and use your best judgement.

I've been kissed and stuff by a lot of straight girls; more than legitimately bi and gay tbh. I have an it's all good mentality. Some lesbian and bi women are going to get annoyed if you're pulling the whole 'gay only to titillate the male gaze' schtick. I... honestly never minded. It's fun for me either way. My only rule being, if they have specifically stated to me that they are straight, I don't initiate. They have to do it or directly ask me to. Sit on my lap, flutter your eyelashes, and coo at me all you like Lady; you told me you were straight. I won't be blamed for corruption or discourtesy.

I'm am somewhat odd in the sense that I only catch feelings deliberately. My default being to treat such things as lovely, meaningful, but temporary. Not everyone is as laissez faire though, so that's worth noting. I really don't think you have much to worry about if you decide to experiment though. The vast majority are going to understand your questioning and potential shifting of sexuality. They did it themselves after all.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time

I don't think one can make oneself instinct. Are not humans basically planetary material. And have been, will be, as long as the planet is.

I suppose it depends on how much belief one have in the concept of "themselves".

Like two newborn babies in a hospital. If one swap them. Does it matter?
Evolution occurs over a species, not a single entity. Gays aren't making themselves extinct, they're still supporting humanity in some capacity, adopting a sexually reproductive child is still propegating the species. I can't imagine there's a gay gene because it couldn't be passed on, so gay sexuality shouldn't be interpreted as having an evolutionary function. Still doesn't mean it supports the community as a large. It is just something that occurs.

I think in general there is more individuals who're gay/bisexual as they're not under the reign of male stereotypes, but when they become free of the male shackles they can easily be shackled by gay culture. It is easier to free yourself from shackles the more you go through.

Coming from someone who has done the same on 3 occasions, I wouldn't necessarily identify it as being demisexual (At least, I don't think in my case) . Sex can be an exchange of intimacy, and some express intimacy differently: One time I had a friendI just thought he was a cool dude, top memer his humour was a solid 9.5/10 we both ended up on ecstacy and then ended up doing it. I still like him as a friend and we bump into each other from time to time but I think he feels betrayed by me because I'm not gay. It's like a law of equivalent (except it's not equivalent) exchange: You reciprocate the intimacy you garnered from an exchange to a form of intimacy they want. A spiritual connection if you will, some people facilitate that through sex and others can find a different vector.

2 out of 3 males were quite feminine, but not queer (If I can define it as that). They had soft skin, were more intune with their emotions but they weren't lodged into gay culture. They were individuals that didn't emphasize their sexuality they were just being themselves. No repression, no struggle, just being themselves. I've never been attracted to flamboyant males, or I suppose gossip girls either, both being the same.

Puffy

Aquila
Local time
Coming from someone who has done the same on 3 occasions, I wouldn't necessarily identify it as being demisexual (At least, I don't think in my case) . Sex can be an exchange of intimacy, and some express intimacy differently: One time I had a friendI just thought he was a cool dude, top memer his humour was a solid 9.5/10 we both ended up on ecstacy and then ended up doing it. I still like him as a friend and we bump into each other from time to time but I think he feels betrayed by me because I'm not gay. It's like a law of equivalent (except it's not equivalent) exchange: You reciprocate the intimacy you garnered from an exchange to a form of intimacy they want. A spiritual connection if you will, some people facilitate that through sex and others can find a different vector.

2 out of 3 males were quite feminine, but not queer (If I can define it as that). They had soft skin, were more intune with their emotions but they weren't lodged into gay culture. They were individuals that didn't emphasize their sexuality they were just being themselves. No repression, no struggle, just being themselves. I've never been attracted to flamboyant males, or I suppose gossip girls either, both being the same.
Yeah, been there with mdma. The betrayal thing is mostly why I'm hesitant about it - it's a potentially uneven exchange in that I know I won't feel hurt where the other person might. So it needs to be clear where the other person is coming from and what their expectations are for me to feel comfortable. With opposite sex too, in fairness.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Evolution occurs over a species, not a single entity. Gays aren't making themselves extinct, they're still supporting humanity in some capacity, adopting a sexually reproductive child is still propegating the species. I can't imagine there's a gay gene because it couldn't be passed on, so gay sexuality shouldn't be interpreted as having an evolutionary function. Still doesn't mean it supports the community as a large. It is just something that occurs.
Evolution occurs in genes, which form beneficial coalitions in organisms which facilitate their survival. Many genes influence homosexuality. If they do not aid the stability of the organism, they are exceedingly unlikely to survive in the long term; they will perish to entropy. The stronger situational disadvantage a gene confers, the stronger situational advantage it must also confer.

Genes promoting homosexuality could be advantageous to an individual developing homosexuality, or to carriers who do not. It could be beneficial in a number of different ways. A less obvious one is that it might be attached to genes which are useful, but themselves do not influence mating preference. I am not sure through what mechanism this happens, but the idea that genes sometimes hitchhike on other genes are pervasive enough in scientific literature that it must have support in academia.

What we are really talking about here are alleles nudging an organism more towards homosexuality than alternative alleles. If these alleles do not offer situational advantage, they will be replaced by the alternative allele if they offer situational disadvantage, and this would happen quite quickly, since no mutation is necessary, I.E. Biston Betularia Carbonara's (not a type of spaghetti) displacement of B.B Typica during the industrial revolution, following a jumping gene which caused a "mutation", when a darker camouflage proved beneficial in a heavily polluted environment, as famous from the textbooks.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today, 13:42
being straight in 2019 is so gay

moody

Local time
I still like him as a friend and we bump into each other from time to time but I think he feels betrayed by me because I'm not gay.
Maybe he just felt like he was your "gay experience," and actually wanted more with you? Of course you know your own context more than I do, but I know that's a sensitive thing for many people. To feel like a token thing.

What we are really talking about here are alleles nudging an organism more towards homosexuality than alternative alleles. If these alleles do not offer situational advantage, they will be replaced by the alternative allele if they offer situational disadvantage, and this would happen quite quickly, since no mutation is necessary, I.E. Biston Betularia Carbonara's (not a type of spaghetti) displacement of B.B Typica during the industrial revolution, following a jumping gene which caused a "mutation", when a darker camouflage proved beneficial in a heavily polluted environment, as famous from the textbooks.
Do you know if there are any studies done on epigenetic effects on sexuality?

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
I still like him as a friend and we bump into each other from time to time but I think he feels betrayed by me because I'm not gay.
Maybe he just felt like he was your "gay experience," and actually wanted more with you? Of course you know your own context more than I do, but I know that's a sensitive thing for many people. To feel like a token thing.
I understand his perspective but it's 1 Dimensional for him to let his approach nullify my own. I too can feel like a token, many gays/bisexuals emphasize turning straight men gay, I was surely a token for him. Contextual add on: He was infact straight for a long-time, which turned to Bi and then gay (or maybe he's still bi, who knows). Anyways, it would've been 2 years out of his exploration period and it probably started with him tokenizing the experience.

It doesn't really matter, it's all good just a slight awkwardness. My gay best friend conor seen him for a while, a bit of a messy exchange. Conor has tried to get into me too. Murky waters. This was during a time that I wasn't that confident with girls and typically waited for anyone romantically to approach me, I rarely chased anyone. People took that as me being gay.

I think tokenizing is common in a lot of forms.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time

Do you know if there are any studies done on epigenetic effects on sexuality?
I don't know of any, but there is bound to be an epigenetic influence. My guess is that epigenetics are not well enough understood for its effect on sexuality to be mapped in any detail.

Merry christmas, Moody :)

Top Bottom