• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Louis Ck INTP?

Idunno

Local time
Today 6:06 AM
-->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akiVi1sR2rM
watch this clip go to 6:25 hes got the intp stare. looks off into empty space detached. and then around 630 he brushes his nose off, to signify something, to conan.

i thought it was an interesting look that he had, he does this on stage when hes thinking of his next bit you can tell, seems like hes definitely INxP but moreso INTP because of that detached look and his bits.

A lot of people think that hes E or F because they type him based on his stand up but i think people fail to realize that when hes on stage its an act. So he cant be his primary self he has to compel to his extraverted side and be more "respectful" in his choice of words to please the audience, which is why people may get the E or F, but as a person i think that he is an INTP.

Ive also read somewhere that he was a writer before he did stand up for comedy central. I think many shows in comedy central and SNL are full of INTP writers, i say this because 99% percent of the time skits and shows are a parodic meaning of reality, society, american culture, like weird Al and Tina Fey. In a way i think these writers troubleshoot or dissect a problem in society/ culture seen today and find a way to share the idea through media ala Television stand up etc. Ti-Ne ->Fe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X37EzJnuntk

Look at this video, for some reason i think its hilarious. Just a youtuber kyle mooney who i type as INTP found a job as an actor/writer for SNL and his show and in a way you can understand how their humor works
idunno just a thought i had

Let me know what you guys think

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 8:06 AM
-->
I don't think you can determine his way of thinking from the video.
But definitely not intp,if I were to guess then ENXX,but still E is not sure and it is possible for him to be an S.
While the acting is valid concern,you can say it for everyone,he does not seem like introvert,introverts tend to hide their emotions and when they bring them out,most times it will look sort of awkward and by just looking at his vibe.

del

Randomly Generated
Local time
Yesterday 10:06 PM
-->
NFs claim he's an NF, likely NFP. I could personally see ENTP though, too. I think tertiary Fe can superficially look NFish.

Regardless of type, he's one of my favorites.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
-->
Talks about how people relate to him. Likes Fi. ISTJ? Doee not like Se confrontation. STJ is my bet.

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
I'd bet Louis CK is an E...

But regardless of type, he's the best stand up comedian out today.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 11:06 PM
-->
Jesus no, he's an ENFP., that much is obvious.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
no intp for sure, he seems to me like an ESFP, reminds me of Dave Ghrol's way of expression, also ESFJ could be possible
but architect might be also right, but then
if i'm an ENFP i'm not like that. at all

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 11:06 PM
-->
Louis (the show) are forays into the mind of an ENFP. There's little S orientation there.

He's an outward perceiver in manner, demeanor and actions (relaxed, open ended, etc), there's little outward judging, but you can see inward judging.

He's an dominant extrovert, very open and people oriented

Obviously a F dominant not T, there's no analysis but rather exploration and expression. Look at the eye's, Thinker eyes are usually blank with little bursts of emotion when they laugh (if they do). Feelers pour out more expression through the eyes and upper face.

On a more detailed level, he's got food/substance addiction issues, as many ENFP's have had I've known.

viche

Local time
-->
Intuitive + feeling + extraverted comedian is someone like Eddie Izzard, who gets typed as both ENFP and ENFJ. There's a world of difference between his comedy and that of Louis Ck. I don't see how they can be the same type.

See Eddie's intuition fly in this video. In comparison Louis Ck's intuition never takes off ground, which has served as evidence for his S-type typings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7xpJmKCHYY

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Please dont type people based on facial expression. Thats worse than astrology.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
no it's not, i believe humans do transmit processes through expressions, movement, so at least it's a field that deserves a bit of attention
plus it's fun as fuck

viche

Local time
-->
Please dont type people based on facial expression. Thats worse than astrology.
I'd have to disagree with this in that it's a tad better than astrology.
They've been collecting photos of people of different types in socionics and there's a world of difference in common facial expressions of different types. So this method has some merit, but of course it should be used only as supportive information and not as primary means for typing someone.

As an example:

FeSi (ESFJ) Extraverted Feelers vs. FiSe (ISFP) Introverted Feelers

One look at these people's facial expressions is enough to tell which of them are extraverting their Feeling function and which of them use Introverted Feeling, providing some clues to their types.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
I'd have to disagree with this in that it's a tad better than astrology.
They've been collecting photos of people of different types in socionics and there's a world of difference in common facial expressions of different types. So this method has some merit, but of course it should be used only as supportive information and not as primary means for typing someone.

As an example:

FeSi (ESFJ) Extraverted Feelers vs. FiSe (ISFP) Introverted Feelers

One look at these people's facial expressions is enough to tell which of them are extraverting their Feeling function and which of them use Introverted Feeling, providing some clues to their types.

I dont know how that even works. People see the same expressions on the face and come to different conclusions. I have yet to see people agree on something like facial expressions.

viche

Local time
-->
I dont know how that even works. People see the same expressions on the face and come to different conclusions. I have yet to see people agree on something like facial expressions.
That doesn't necessarily implicate that visual identification is bust.
It could mean that the practitioners have no little to not experience with the subject matter.

To use visual identification successfully, a person must:
- understand jungian theory of the functions Fi,Ti,Fe,Ni, etc.
- understand the functional theory of types - e.g. how dominant function is different from auxiliary and from inferior
- have enough social life going on for themselves, and consequently the experience interacting with different types of people
- be observant of other people, instead of focused on oneself, one's own theories, thoughts, and ego (you'd be surprised how many social people are out there who pay little to no attention to anyone else but themselves)
- build up a database of photographs to reference, either from memory or actually collect photos
- practice, practice, practice - months and years of practice
- have sufficient IQ to add all these pieces of information together in an intelligent and meaningful way

The people who fulfill all of the above requirements for being able to use visual identification successfully are very few on these forums boards. Thus you get a whole range of responses. 99% of these come from those who don't have the necessary expertise, understanding, and experience, leaving everyone else new to this concept believe that it doesn't work.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Interesting you say photographs. I seems we have a problem again. There is definitely different impression I get from people on photographs and videos. A video would be much different from the feeling I get from people on photographs. One thing I am pretty sure makes a world of difference. Secondly these things are way arbittrary. I have seen people say completely different explanations to the very same expressions and both arguments could be supported only as stand alone facts. It simply like saying yeah he smiles a lot so hes got to be extrovert feeler or something. Yeah he cares about what other people feel so wow . ... also people dont act always the same. It depends on mood, the company they are in with, and circumstances or job they are doing activity etc. Or perhaps culture they live in where more extroverted cultures like japan put much stock into face expressions good polite behaviour where people constantly smile whereas more introvert cultures like say germnay people smile less or something. Whatever. This culture behaviour is also hard to assigne because obviously behaviours are also different within countries depending on age whether people live in cities or small towns where everyone knows each other etc.

Sorry if I am skeptical, but

Top Bottom