• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Lurker no more?

Leise

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:41 AM
-->
"I have spent two days of stalking this forums native inhabitants, the illusive "intp", and observing their behavior patterns. I have decided to emerge from the shadows and make my presence known. Hopefully, they will accept me as one of their own. Blending in should, in theory at least, not be too difficult: logic is my native language, and it seems to be their dialect too. "

You: O.0

Me: "Oh! I didn't see you there. You just walked in on me talking to myself about a nature documentary I was planning to make. It's kind of like the crocodile hunter, only it turns out I am the crocodile. I'm sorry, have we met before? My name is Anna. Allow me to introduce myself: I am a 16 year old junior in high school. My hobbies include: drawing and painting, pacing, procrastinating, forum lurking, debating philosophy with people in my head , and generously lending my time to others without asking for anything in return, for example, I frequently offer my teachers advice about how the phrasing of their multiple choice questions is to subjective. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. Maybe I'll see you around some time, like, on a forum or something? Just a random thought. "

You: "(insert reply here)"

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:41 PM
-->
What do you draw/paint?

Welcome.

The Introvert

Goose! (Duck, Duck)
Local time
-->
Salut!

J'espere que vous aimez notre maison

Leise

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What do you draw/paint?

Welcome.

Human figure mostly, since my school is art oriented we actually have a model. When I'm drawing by myself at home I generally start out with a face or body and then just add surreal features to it for no particular reason (well, conscious at least.).I also enjoy drawing the people around me, usually friends and family, while they are totally unaware of me drawing them. (Otherwise they pose, and you end up preserving fake smile rather than the moment itself, and their character.)

The appeal is much less about the final result, but the fact that every choice you make is entirely impulsive and based on feeling, not thinking. (at least from I understand of them- I haven't researched the MBTI traits anymore than a couple of summary paragraphs included in online personality quizzes. ) I think this is why it's good for the INTP- it can act as a mental break from the constant, hyper-focused state of analyzing and thinking through every decision one makes and second guessing yourself.

Leise

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Salut!

J'espere que vous aimez notre maison

:confused:
Strange, I could have sworn I recall viewing English posts by you whilst lurking. I think this is a test.
Je vous remercie.
Je ne suis pas en utilisant Google translate.
So...do I pass? :D

Local time
Today 6:41 AM
-->
Spinach.

Now that we've settled that... Welcome. Feel free to ask questions, have an existential crisis or three, read, learn, think, dance with the native livestock, etc.

The Introvert

Goose! (Duck, Duck)
Local time
-->
:confused:
Strange, I could have sworn I recall viewing English posts by you whilst lurking. I think this is a test.
Je vous remercie.
Je ne suis pas en utilisant Google translate.
So...do I pass? :D

I actually hardly speak any French: I just like the language :o

Mais oui!

The Introvert

Goose! (Duck, Duck)
Local time
-->
Spinach.

Now that we've settled that... Welcome. Feel free to ask questions, have an existential crisis or three, read, learn, think, dance with the native livestock, etc.

We have kittehs!:elephant:
(Elephant)

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
"I have spent two days of stalking this forums native inhabitants, the illusive "intp", and observing their behavior patterns. I have decided to emerge from the shadows and make my presence known. Hopefully, they will accept me as one of their own. Blending in should, in theory at least, not be too difficult: logic is my native language, and it seems to be their dialect too. "

You: O.0

Me: "Oh! I didn't see you there. You just walked in on me talking to myself about a nature documentary I was planning to make. It's kind of like the crocodile hunter, only it turns out I am the crocodile. I'm sorry, have we met before? My name is Anna. Allow me to introduce myself: I am a 16 year old junior in high school. My hobbies include: drawing and painting, pacing, procrastinating, forum lurking, debating philosophy with people in my head , and generously lending my time to others without asking for anything in return, for example, I frequently offer my teachers advice about how the phrasing of their multiple choice questions is to subjective. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. Maybe I'll see you around some time, like, on a forum or something? Just a random thought. "

It's nice to meet an INTP my age (I am also a Junior of 16 years) and I share your interests in figure (drawing, not painting; I loathe painting) debating myself, pacing, and pointing out flaws in teachers' questions. However, my studies focus on science, I've been out of art and music since eighth grade, and I hope to avoid taking humanities classes in the future. Have fun here! :)

-Duxwing

Top Bottom