• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedN

Local time
Today 6:46 PM
-->
I saw this on a post in facebook titled as: Not sure if male or female? I just wanted to ask... does it really matter? I mean for you, lets say this is a man, or used to be a man, does it matter to you? In what sense will it? Would you still go for her if she was.... you know

09d0fd525e36ed6af511300f57c2920e.jpg

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:46 AM
-->
Get me drunk and I'll try anything once.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Today 10:46 AM
-->
I'm wondering what the male/female/person in the background with the hat and tan shirt is thinking. The look on their face.

(I am a little obsessed with background people in photographs, just in general)

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
And what about the couple cuddling on the couch. The one in blue looks frightened.

catatonic

Banned
Local time
Tomorrow 12:46 AM
-->
she has a sweet and soft face.
if she was a male then she did a great job in surgery and hormones.

:cheerleaderkitties:

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
Today 1:46 PM
-->
If you like her then go for it. Don't care about what anyone else thinks or would do.

catatonic

Banned
Local time
-->
yusss so true!!

regardless of gender, the most important is the affection. :yaoi:

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
It doesn't matter to me. Just because you know how someone got to where they are now doesn't change who they are now.

I guess the way I see it is:

If you find someone attractive, then find out they are or used to be the other sex, does that change the fact that you find them attractive? Isn't the set of people you are attracted to an empirical one rather than an a priori categorical one?

Is it not lying to yourself if you must convince yourself that you are no longer attracted to them because of this? Are you not retroactively denying your own thoughts by deciding that this makes them unattractive?

For what purpose would you need to convince yourself you are no longer attracted to them aside from being afraid that you'll be perceived as a sexual deviant by others?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
It doesn't matter to me. Just because you know how someone got to where they are now doesn't change who they are now.

I guess the way I see it is:

If you find someone attractive, then find out they are or used to be the other sex, does that change the fact that you find them attractive? Isn't the set of people you are attracted to an empirical one rather than an a priori categorical one?

Is it not lying to yourself if you must convince yourself that you are no longer attracted to them because of this? Are you not retroactively denying your own thoughts by deciding that this makes them unattractive?

For what purpose would you need to convince yourself you are no longer attracted to them aside from being afraid that you'll be perceived as a sexual deviant by others?

Thank you for spelling it out. That's what I was going to write too.

If you are perceiving someone (and even attracted to them) as the person they currently are (whether male or female), then you perceive and experience them as male or female as they are now. Why should it matter what body they used to have, except as some past unimportant detail which is no longer relevant?

The only answer I can come up with is that one is afraid of being ridiculed by others who might think one is being gay or deviant for finding such a person attractive as who they are now, and to me that's just an insecurity in one's own sense of self and one's own sexual preferences.

Besides, a journey to change one's gender to better fit one's own sense of identity is often a painful and courageous one, considering all the rejection and criticism one can receive for not fitting into one gender box... along with the potential of being alone forever because people keep trying to regender you when you share your history with them. People who traverse that path successful are typically strong, resilient, brave people because of the journey they've had to make. It shows character.

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->
Sorry mom, you won't be getting any grand kids because as it turns out Rhonda used to actually be Ron.

warryer

Local time
-->
Adoption still works.

Yea if you believe in child abuse I guess it does.

"How is it child abuse?" you ask.

Adoption by "non-traditional" couples attempts to legitimizes hedonism in a way that only a natural coupling can. Only male-female couplings (for humans) can bring new life into the world.

These people are putting their own interests in front of those of the children.

"See we have kids too just like a 'normal' family."

And that is what I mean by attempting to legitimize their hedonism.

If these people really wanted kids, then why aren't they in a relationship which can produce them?

To force children to be a part of that twisted circus is just plain wrong.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Yes, I might. It does come out of nowhere.

Adoption by "non-traditional" couples attempts to legitimizes hedonism in a way that only a natural coupling can. Only male-female couplings (for humans) can bring new life into the world.

I think your equating gay relationships or a relationship involved a person who has been treated for gender dysphoria as "hedonism" says much more about you than about the gay or trans people in question.

Do you know any gay couples? or trans people? I do.

Saying they are more "hedonistic" by nature than het couples is simply erroneous and prejudicial.

"these people"? You're talking about fellow Americans, if you live in this country.
You're talking about people in your community.
You might even be talking about your neighbors and not realize it.
What a demeaning phrase -- "these people."

If these people really wanted kids, then why aren't they in a relationship which can produce them?

What of het couples who can't have children because they are not compatible? Are they hedonistic now because they aren't able to procreate naturally? And going against nature, which has decreed they are not fertile as a couple? According to your logic here, they would be.

I think you need to look up the definition of "hedonism" and study it.

I also bet that you would walk right past a couple that looked "het" where one partner is trans and they have kids, and not even recognize them as such. You might even credit them as being "good parents"... heaven forbid. I mean, you certainly wouldn't want to endorse that kind of god-forsaken, "unnatural" union, would you?

There is no study that suggests that children of same-sex unions or a union involving a trans person turn out less adjusted; typically, in fact, because they have had to bear up from social stigma generated by people who share beliefs similar to yours, they are stronger and more resilient and mature. Think about it.

Maybe you ought to also look up true cases of "child abuse." You're rather watering down the term by applying it to this. There's some pretty sorry, sick shit that happens in the world that actually counts as "child abuse," and this would not qualify.

Roran

The Original Nerdy Gangsta
Local time
-->

Bullshit.

RedN

Local time
-->
war, you saying that... wow, its just funny how some people can be so... i dont know what word to use hmmmm

its no different from a heterosexual couple who also adopts. and what, you think all of those normal baby makers make babies for some sacred reason and not to just fit in as well and have a kid just like everyone else? and be a 'normal family' too? wow... ... you really need to see the world a bit more... ...

its like saying, a person who is incapable of making babies does not deserve the love of a person who wants to, even if theyre hetero...

but its alright, were you ... raised in a circus warryer? im kinda concerned how youre faring off out there. do you need counseling? you seem like a homophobe, you do know that a lot of homophobes are closet homosexuals... ... ... ehm... its ok war if you are, we wont judge you

add:
in case you are not aware as well, a lot of people who make babies, they make em to satisfy a very personal and selfish need - the need for a legacy. coz they don't have anything to be really proud of and so they try to 'create life' and hope that it can give some meaning to their life on this earth.

add2:
anyway i may have said something mean but whatever. ive just never heard such bs before. if people dont know, im incapable of making kids. now the thought that its not possible for me to have some manner of compassion in the future and decide to just help a kid out and adopt and the only reason why I can adopt is out of this bs crap? haha

Irishpenguin

Local time
Today 12:46 PM
-->
I really wouldn't have questioned if they were a male/female in the first place, I mean her face and everything looks completely like a girl, even if I stare for awhile. So all I basically see is a cute nerdy girl (yes I thinks she's cute) so yeah I mean, I would go for her I guess? Well not really because I don't much often actively seek out girls like that, buutttt, lets just say she has the same chance every other cute girl has of me hitting on her.

...then again she kind of looks like somebody I know except different hair, so I guess it'd be weird on that end of things. Though she does have bigger boobs...nah it would still be weird :storks:

Okay I've decided, I would definitely spark up a conversation with her, so there!

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
-->
Warryer, your statements only speak the particular circus you were indoctrinated into and your anxieties about “non-traditional” families and relationships. Do yourself a favor; get some counseling, some empathy and some rationality. In the meantime, keep your bigotry to yourself….or at least in the company to those who agree with you.

warryer

Local time
-->
@Jennywocky:

Yes, I might. It does come out of nowhere.

You bring up adoption, I bring up child abuse. I explained my reason what more is there?

I think your equating gay relationships or a relationship involved a person who has been treated for gender dysphoria as "hedonism" says much more about you than about the gay or trans people in question.

What does it say?

Do you know any gay couples? or trans people? I do.

How does this matter?

I know gay people and disagree with what they do but, God bless, them they have the right to do what they do.

Saying they are more "hedonistic" by nature than het couples is simply erroneous and prejudicial.

Can you please share with me what scale of hedonism you are using. I'm not saying only gay/trans are hedonistic but, if an individual is gay/trans they are hedonistic. Straight people can be hedonists too.

"these people"? You're talking about fellow Americans, if you live in this country.
You're talking about people in your community.
You might even be talking about your neighbors and not realize it.
What a demeaning phrase -- "these people."

I'm not trying to be politically correct.

What of het couples who can't have children because they are not compatible? Are they hedonistic now because they aren't able to procreate naturally? And going against nature, which has decreed they are not fertile as a couple? According to your logic here, they would be.

It is decreed by nature that a man and a woman can have children together. So no I think a male and female couple who can't naturally reproduce are not submitting adopted children to child abuse.

I think you need to look up the definition of "hedonism" and study it.

Hedonism is the pursuit of pleasure above all else.

I also bet that you would walk right past a couple that looked "het" where one partner is trans and they have kids, and not even recognize them as such. You might even credit them as being "good parents"... heaven forbid. I mean, you certainly wouldn't want to endorse that kind of god-forsaken, "unnatural" union, would you?

Good parenting should always be commended. What should not be celebrated is gayness/trans.

There is no study that suggests that children of same-sex unions or a union involving a trans person turn out less adjusted; typically, in fact, because they have had to bear up from social stigma generated by people who share beliefs similar to yours, they are stronger and more resilient and mature. Think about it.

Children are blank slates. If adopted by a non-traditional family then they are being "trained" to accept this kind of thing.

For example. The Ottomans would "recruit" Christian children into their army. (By recruit I mean kidnapped.) So these kids were forced to go to a school where they were indoctrinated in Islam and trained to be soldiers in the fight against Christianity. (See: Janissary)

Adults pass on their belief system to children.

Toleranace = Maturity?

No this is really about values. Why does tolerance = strength, resilience, and maturity?

Maybe you ought to also look up true cases of "child abuse." You're rather watering down the term by applying it to this. There's some pretty sorry, sick shit that happens in the world that actually counts as "child abuse," and this would not qualify.

I have no such desire to fill my mind with such filth. I know what horrors lurk out in the world.

If I steal a penny from a rich man and a penny from a poor man, there is no difference because stealing is stealing. Child abuse is child abuse no matter which way you might paint it.
-----

This is what I believe take it how you want it. I want to be clear that I am not pushing my beliefs on anybody.

@RedN:

war, you saying that... wow, its just funny how some people can be so... i dont know what word to use hmmmm

How about "strong in their values."

its no different from a heterosexual couple who also adopts. and what, you think all of those normal baby makers make babies for some sacred reason and not to just fit in as well and have a kid just like everyone else? and be a 'normal family' too? wow... ... you really need to see the world a bit more... ...

This has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

The people you are referring to should not be allowed to have children either.

its like saying, a person who is incapable of making babies does not deserve the love of a person who wants to, even if theyre hetero...

No. Male + Female couples make babies in nature. When a male and female come together and they cannot have children together they should be allowed to adopt.

but its alright, were you ... raised in a circus warryer? im kinda concerned how youre faring off out there. do you need counseling? you seem like a homophobe, you do know that a lot of homophobes are closet homosexuals... ... ... ehm... its ok war if you are, we wont judge you

Yea ok. Attack me and not my argument so be it.

add:
in case you are not aware as well, a lot of people who make babies, they make em to satisfy a very personal and selfish need - the need for a legacy. coz they don't have anything to be really proud of and so they try to 'create life' and hope that it can give some meaning to their life on this earth.

They are having children for the wrong reasons. How does this refute what I said?

add2:
anyway i may have said something mean but whatever. ive just never heard such bs before. if people dont know, im incapable of making kids. now the thought that its not possible for me to have some manner of compassion in the future and decide to just help a kid out and adopt and the only reason why I can adopt is out of this bs crap? haha

Why is it BS?

I was in a relationship with a woman who couldn't have children due to uterine cancer. I would have been prepared to adopt if if reached that stage.

You completely misunderstand what I'm saying. (Or you are being contrary)

Now if you are transsexual I would say no you shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

@Grove:

Warryer, your statements only speak the particular circus you were indoctrinated into and your anxieties about “non-traditional” families and relationships. Do yourself a favor; get some counseling, some empathy and some rationality. In the meantime, keep your bigotry to yourself….or at least in the company to those who agree with you.

Wow you are sure a tolerant lady. Telling me to keep my beliefs and what-not to myself. Is it because my words aren't pretty and don't make you feel good? Do you know what bigotry means?

(bigotry - Bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself)

Where did I say people have to believe the way I do?

No I don't believe non-traditional couples should be allowed to adopt kids. Why does it upset you that I have these thoughts/beliefs?

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
-->
1. No, I'm not tolerant of you. I'm fine with you not liking that or insinuating I'm wrong/bad because of it....really, it’s cool.

2. Why is it a negative thing if children learn to "accept that kind of thing"?

3. Stating your opinions is not making an argument, you're going to have to do better if you want to call what you're saying is an argument.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
You bring up adoption, I bring up child abuse. I explained my reason what more is there?

A "difference of opinion" on whether gay people can adopt children is NOT equal to child abuse. I don't see a rational reason in your comments to equate the two.

Can you please share with me what scale of hedonism you are using. I'm not saying only gay/trans are hedonistic but, if an individual is gay/trans they are hedonistic. Straight people can be hedonists too.

I think my point is hedonism has nothing to do with someone being gay or trans. I have no idea why you think it's all about "hedonism." This sounds like a religious argument perpetuating from decades or centuries ago and still touted by conservative religion out of convenience. You sound like you're still living in the "bathhouse era" of the 70's.

Gay people and trans people are not either of those things because they are "hedonists." So it has no bearing on this discussion.

I'm not trying to be politically correct.

You can be irrational, or you can be unpolitically correct, but the one thing you can't really afford to be is irrational AND unpolitically correct if you want to be taken seriously.

It is decreed by nature that a man and a woman can have children together.

Nature doesn't "decree" anything. It's just nature. There is no inherent morality within nature. Your appeal to nature has no meaning.

What do you think about the development of modern medicine? According to "nature," people should be dying from a host of illnesses and accidents, yet we are able to thwart the "natural" order by intervening to bring an outcome of our own choosing in fixing people who might otherwise have died, or providing glasses for those who are near-sighted by nature, or providing artificial limbs to those who are born without. In all of these things, we're going against nature.

It's also clear that family stretches beyond blood, if you believe adoption is okay. Your issue is simply that you have very rigid concepts of what a family unit HAS to look like or it is "immoral" -- and again, "immoral" is a subjective value whose definition is not emblazoned in nature but in this case simply inside of you.

Hedonism is the pursuit of pleasure above all else.

If that is your definition, then that has nothing to do with being gay or trans.

Good parenting should always be commended. What should not be celebrated is gayness/trans.

What does "celebration" have to do with anything? Are we supposed to be "celebrating" being het? No, those things just are what they are.

Personally, whatever you feel about those things is fine, but "child abuse" has nothing to do with this. If we want to play that game, I'd consider you teaching kids what you're espousing here to be "child abuse"; however, I think that would be silly for me to do, just as I think it's silly for you to equate what you are equating to child abuse.

Children are blank slates. If adopted by a non-traditional family then they are being "trained" to accept this kind of thing.

You need to show why being gay or trans is immoral, and so far you haven't done that. I think your case is further weakened in simply examining the outcome. If being gay or trans is immoral, then children should not grow up healthy consistently. There is no real discernible difference between kids who grow up with het parents and kids who grow up with any other type; apparently parental love and respect for the child is what actually contains a "moral" imperative because to show those things produces healthy kids and to NOT show those things produces unhealthy kids. Gay or trans status of parents have nothing to do with the health of the kids, instead the quality of the parenting is what matters the most.

Therefore you have no case here.

For example. The Ottomans would "recruit" Christian children into their army. (By recruit I mean kidnapped.) So these kids were forced to go to a school where they were indoctrinated in Islam and trained to be soldiers in the fight against Christianity. (See: Janissary)

I see a lot more Christians recruiting their kids into their belief system, sometimes to their detriment, vs gay parents doing as much. In fact, many "Christian" parents give their kids grief for leaving THEIR faith and sometimes even disown them, yet many kids of gay parents grow up het and the gay parent is fine with that.

Who is recruiting whom?

Also note how I'm talking about outcomes (the proof is in the pudding), and how you're just discussing ideology (which is all assumptive)?

Adults pass on their belief system to children.

Toleranace = Maturity?

No this is really about values. Why does tolerance = strength, resilience, and maturity?

That's not actually what I said. I said healthy kids, who have a sense of themselves, who respect themselves and other people, who will be kind and sensitive to others but still be willing to stand up when they believe something is wrong, who don't carry a lot of baggage into adulthood. That's what I think a "healthy kid" is.

I have no such desire to fill my mind with such filth. I know what horrors lurk out in the world.

LOL. YOU brought up the topic of child abuse, not me. If you didn't want to endure an actual comparison and scrutiny of said topic, then you need to leave it out of the discussion. You certainly didn't have a problem dragging it into the discussion until I said, "Do we really need to look at REAL child abuse so that you can see how this is not it?"

If I steal a penny from a rich man and a penny from a poor man, there is no difference because stealing is stealing. Child abuse is child abuse no matter which way you might paint it.

I agree. It's simply that it's just YOUR definition of child abuse that is sketchy here.

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
-->
there are a lot of concepts being debated here and getting jumbled into one argument;

some people cannot help how they feel-- this goes for trans, and the people who may or may not be tolerant of that choice, and the people who are or are not attracted to them, before or after they find out about the person being trans.

^that's one issue and I think the main point of the thread-- how people feel about it and if one would still be attracted. That's not a logical choice. You either feel cool about it or you don't, and it's not something that can really be argued.

Another point is whether or not gays or trans should be allowed to adopt. Now, this can be argued logically. A gay or trans couple is doing society a favor by taking an orphan off the streets and raising him or her. I respect all opinions, whether religiously or logically motivated, so if that's against someone's religion there's not much I can say about it. Unless there's some study that supports the finding that gay/trans raised children turn out fucked up, I am willing to bet in good faith that people are people, and good people will raise good children.

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
-->
Correct. We are talking about two different issues here now. Perhaps we need a thread spilt....I don't know the how far gone something has to go to justify that. But, at the risk of further derailing the thread I have a question.

Why is it okay to accept the "religious" argument when blatant heterosexism is expressed? In everyday life do we, as a society, accept a religious argument if someone makes racist comments, or even sexist comments? How often do you hear someone say: "Oh, their religion has a problem with people of that particular race. I don't agree with it, but I respect their opinion." If and when you do hear this, does it strike you as wrong, or at least problematic….or weird?

Also, why is it we accept intolerance as part of the baggage that comes with religion and subsequently faith in a god. I'm not a religious person, but if I were I'd be pretty pissed off about automatically being placed in association with people who use their religion to justify and codify the mistreatment of others. Why do those who are not religious feel the need to "respect" the opinions of those who claim to be religious, no matter how heinous their opinions really are? Why do people who are religious and do not share those sentiments not demand that religion and intolerance of others be separated?

warryer

Local time
-->
@Jennywocky:

First off, what is your definition of hedonism?

Secondly:
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB) – “But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.”

God's direct imperative to us:

Genesis 1:28
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

And finally:
A "difference of opinion" on whether gay people can adopt children is NOT equal to child abuse. I don't see a rational reason in your comments to equate the two.

I see homo/trans as lust driven not love driven. Hence hedonism. Hence selfishness.

Point in case: Gay Pride parades. Is there anything about that display that speaks to you about love?

I think my point is hedonism has nothing to do with someone being gay or trans. I have no idea why you think it's all about "hedonism." This sounds like a religious argument perpetuating from decades or centuries ago and still touted by conservative religion out of convenience. You sound like you're still living in the "bathhouse era" of the 70's.

Yea last time I check my calendar I was in the bathhouse and it said 1972 so, you could be right. ;)

The fact is they don't share the same love as a man and woman.

Nature doesn't "decree" anything. It's just nature. There is no inherent morality within nature. Your appeal to nature has no meaning.

You used the word decree and I liked the word. So maybe I should have said:
"natural law in humans is that they cannot reproduce without a male-female coupling"

What do you think about the development of modern medicine? According to "nature," people should be dying from a host of illnesses and accidents, yet we are able to thwart the "natural" order by intervening to bring an outcome of our own choosing in fixing people who might otherwise have died, or providing glasses for those who are near-sighted by nature, or providing artificial limbs to those who are born without. In all of these things, we're going against nature.

See the last passage in spoiler 2.

It's also clear that family stretches beyond blood, if you believe adoption is okay. Your issue is simply that you have very rigid concepts of what a family unit HAS to look like or it is "immoral" -- and again, "immoral" is a subjective value whose definition is not emblazoned in nature but in this case simply inside of you.

Family is about love not lust.

What does "celebration" have to do with anything? Are we supposed to be "celebrating" being het? No, those things just are what they are.

I use celebration in the same context as commending.

Personally, whatever you feel about those things is fine, but "child abuse" has nothing to do with this. If we want to play that game, I'd consider you teaching kids what you're espousing here to be "child abuse"; however, I think that would be silly for me to do, just as I think it's silly for you to equate what you are equating to child abuse.

You would be okay teaching your kids that it is okay to be "an abomination?"

Of course if you don't see it that way it doesn't really matter.

You need to show why being gay or trans is immoral, and so far you haven't done that. I think your case is further weakened in simply examining the outcome. If being gay or trans is immoral, then children should not grow up healthy consistently. There is no real discernible difference between kids who grow up with het parents and kids who grow up with any other type; apparently parental love and respect for the child is what actually contains a "moral" imperative because to show those things produces healthy kids and to NOT show those things produces unhealthy kids. Gay or trans status of parents have nothing to do with the health of the kids, instead the quality of the parenting is what matters the most.

Therefore you have no case here.

See spoiler 2.

I see a lot more Christians recruiting their kids into their belief system, sometimes to their detriment, vs gay parents doing as much. In fact, many "Christian" parents give their kids grief for leaving THEIR faith and sometimes even disown them, yet many kids of gay parents grow up het and the gay parent is fine with that.

Being gay/trans (trans really is basically the same as being gay) and being Christian are two different things. One is a sexual preference and one is a belief system.

Who is recruiting whom?

Also note how I'm talking about outcomes (the proof is in the pudding), and how you're just discussing ideology (which is all assumptive)?

What I meant is that the kids are more likely to be okay with trans/gay behavior if they grow up in a household with such "parents." That to me is hindering.

The "outcome" is a degradation of society.

That's not actually what I said. I said healthy kids, who have a sense of themselves, who respect themselves and other people, who will be kind and sensitive to others but still be willing to stand up when they believe something is wrong, who don't carry a lot of baggage into adulthood. That's what I think a "healthy kid" is.

How can they have such a moral code of right and wrong when it comes from people who themselves are not trying to live the moral life.

This is the Burger King generation: have it your way. You are saying here that morals are relative to the times. A sign of a good moral is that it is correct and unchanging.

LOL. YOU brought up the topic of child abuse, not me. If you didn't want to endure an actual comparison and scrutiny of said topic, then you need to leave it out of the discussion. You certainly didn't have a problem dragging it into the discussion until I said, "Do we really need to look at REAL child abuse so that you can see how this is not it?"

Child abuse is child abuse. I know what forms it can take and if you want to bring it to the table by all means. I don't know what it will add.

I agree. It's simply that it's just YOUR definition of child abuse that is sketchy here.

It is child abuse because it forces this adopted child to be apart of something that is abominable. It exposes them to something that is unnatural compared to a hetero home.

RedN

Local time
-->
war.

i think its strong on warped values hahahaha. most likely youre just a troll, but thing is... i like dealing with trolls theyre kinda entertaining really.

ehm in nature??? hohoho hahaah and so just because they can in nature theyre fit for it? and wow the exception of course with the lover... typical, righteousness when its convenient isnt it.

you dont see the point that the right reasons and qualifications to raise a child is the desire and the willingness to care for his or her best interest and help this child be happy. i dont see a man fucking a man becomes incapable of that just because...

what you talk about is just a sexual preference. its no different from worshipping allah or jesus or satan or nothing at all. wow, i really wonder how far your belief extends...

your argument is so funny that i am really being forced to reply with humor.

in truth are these the values that youre gonna teach your child? if youd have one? now i wonder what if your child would become gay and end up wanting to adopt later on too. you gonna tell him son, you cant adopt a kid coz youre gay...

hahahahhahaha oh man

warryer

Local time
-->
I'm using spoilers so people can skip over these posts if they want to stay on the OP.

@Grove:

Why is it okay to accept the "religious" argument when blatant heterosexism is expressed? In everyday life do we, as a society, accept a religious argument if someone makes racist comments, or even sexist comments? How often do you hear someone say: "Oh, their religion has a problem with people of that particular race. I don't agree with it, but I respect their opinion." If and when you do hear this, does it strike you as wrong, or at least problematic….or weird?

It is specifically stated that partaking in homosexuality is wrong in the Bible.

No the religious argument is not accepted in everyday life because MSM has twisted public perception of what the religious argument is (it also has to do with how poor the education system is now a days). But that is beside the point.

Its also a safe bet that if a person is preaching hate, they are not truly Christian.

I don't see how it is hateful for me to say trans/gay should not be allowed to adopt children.

If you are going to claim the title of tolerance then be prepared to take it on.

Sidenote: People like Westboro are not Christians.

Also, why is it we accept intolerance as part of the baggage that comes with religion and subsequently faith in a god. I'm not a religious person, but if I were I'd be pretty pissed off about automatically being placed in association with people who use their religion to justify and codify the mistreatment of others. Why do those who are not religious feel the need to "respect" the opinions of those who claim to be religious, no matter how heinous their opinions really are? Why do people who are religious and do not share those sentiments not demand that religion and intolerance of others be separated?

It is intolerance. Morality is intolerant of immorality. God is intolerant of sin - which are all actions. Christianity teaches one to love thy neighbor. It is the person that is loved not the acts they do. The person is loved regardless of what they do.

I love the trans/gay individual but, I cannot agree to them adopting children.

It does suck to be associated with people who use religion to mistreat others. If a person is using their religion to mistreat others then I agree they should be questioned.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
I must say you are confusing. You are practically walking into what you don't approve of and throwing in your words.

I must presume you are devoted to something that I can't possibly comprehend. I am stupid, sorry.

"It is specifically stated that partaking in homosexuality is wrong in the Bible."

"I love the trans/gay individual but, I cannot agree to them adopting children."

I can't say you were being sarcastic so you must have leaked your primary judgement.
You either simply hate homosexuals and transsexuals or you just love quoting some book all the time.

Why even argue the adoption of children is child abuse?

RedN

Local time
-->
fanatics, how interesting they are. theyre fed with specialized lines to serve as their mantra not knowing about the whole deal.

you know the bible, says a lot of shit that if we apply in the modern age, we're gonna have to kill billions of people. its funny that theres so many twisted and warped nonsense in it that youre going to hell for sure too jsut coz you had no idea it was 'also' in the bible and youve been doing it yourself all along just like the homos who are adopting kids :rolleyes:

one thing i gotta love with the bible is its cool to have a slave. as long as theyre from mexico or asia i guess. just not from the US, darn I should hoard an army of slaves then!!! they can massage me and all.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
Secondly:
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB) – “But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.”

God's direct imperative to us:

Genesis 1:28
28 God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Why stop there? There's plenty of good stuff concerning sex and love that people must follow everyday, right?

If brothers are living together and one of them dies without a son, his widow must not marry outside the family. Her husband's brother shall take her and marry her and fulfill the duty of a brother-in-law to her.
-Deuteronomy 25:5

If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.
-Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

^There should be demonstrations to get the courts to enforce that one.

The bible sure is a great place to look on matters of love and sex. I wonder what other great wisdom we can find that everyone follows today:

“‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.
“‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife —with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.
-Leviticus 20:9-10

“‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
“‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.
-Leviticus 19:27-28

“‘Keep my decrees.
“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.
“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.
-Leviticus 19:19

“‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself
-Leviticus 19:33-34 (that's a great one for people opposed to immigration!)

“‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the Lord.
-Leviticus 23:3

“‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and for the foreigner residing among you. I am the Lord your God.’”
-Leviticus 23:22

As true today as it was when it was written. We'd all sure be screwed if people disobeyed those.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
@warryer:

<bible verses>

I appreciate you finally showing your cards (the ones I suspected you were holding), as it puts the basic ground assumptions out there for everyone to see, and at this point there is nothing more I need to say about it.

Let people judge for themselves.

I see homo/trans as lust driven not love driven. Hence hedonism. Hence selfishness.

What makes "lust" a sin? The preference itself is not "lust" -- the attitude of how one treats and uses the partner is "lust." Using a partner as an object satisfy the cravings of the self is "lust."

People aren't "gay" because they're "lusty." Many people who have same-sex attraction don't even want it, because of the social persecution from people such as yourself; yet it doesn't go away. It's not based on "lust," and there are far more "lust" beacons in our culture revolving around heterosexual relationships than gay ones. That's also indicative of what gay marriages I personally know; they aren't any different than any normal suburban established long-term relationships.

Point in case: Gay Pride parades. Is there anything about that display that speaks to you about love?

"gay pride parades" = not equivalent to gay or trans people

I might as well say that the "heterosexual club scene" means that heterosexuality is lust driven and should be damned.

Yea last time I check my calendar I was in the bathhouse and it said 1972 so, you could be right. ;)

I've never been in one, so I wouldn't know.

The fact is they don't share the same love as a man and woman.

What are the differences to you? Besides genitalia?

You used the word decree and I liked the word. So maybe I should have said: "natural law in humans is that they cannot reproduce without a male-female coupling"

Thanks for clarifying. It helps people better assess your stance.

Family is about love not lust.

Exactly. We agree on something. Hooray.

You would be okay teaching your kids that it is okay to be "an abomination?"

I taught my children that love is how one treats themselves and treats others. The abomination is hatred and prejudice, and choosing to remain in ignorance when a lot of information is available that can be used for the purposes of self-education and reaching mutual understanding. That doesn't mean being non-discerning, but it remains an attitude of looking for and seeing the heart in people.

Jesus criticized the judgmental religious establishment of his day, and he praised the actions of the type of people who you essentially damn here. I know whose side I'd rather be on, and it's not yours.

Being gay/trans (trans really is basically the same as being gay)

I'd beg to differ on that, depending on how you are framing the matter. What, have you been reading LeAnne Payne or talking to Jerry Leach?

and being Christian are two different things. One is a sexual preference and one is a belief system.

Not in the way you are using them.

You say you're not against people being gay ("bless them!"), you're against them saying that "gay is okay." At that point, you are attacking someone's belief. You have a different opinion that you are labeling as "Christian" and that's also a belief.

They are both beliefs.

(Unless you care to rephrase your initial comments on the matter?)

What I meant is that the kids are more likely to be okay with trans/gay behavior if they grow up in a household with such "parents." That to me is hindering. The "outcome" is a degradation of society.

I think society was pretty well degraded, especially when Christians dominated the government, long before gays were capable of expressing their opinions publicly without being imprisoned or executed or locked away in asylums and drugged up.

How can they have such a moral code of right and wrong when it comes from people who themselves are not trying to live the moral life.

Yes. Anyone who disagress with your beliefs is immoral. I get it.

Care to put your life out there for moral scrutiny? People can give you feedback. If you are what you say you are, you should be beyond reproach.

This is the Burger King generation: have it your way. You are saying here that morals are relative to the times. A sign of a good moral is that it is correct and unchanging.

I'm not saying that it is "relative to the times" at all. This is your invention, not mine. I've heard these same arguments from religious fundamentalists since I was ten years old and going to the Baptist programs. You basically "binary-ize" the culture into "Christians vs not," and label those you disagree with as hedonists and rebels against God so that you more easily ignore their POV. It's all just a public relationships strategy meant to justify not actually looking at the data... how people actually live, what the results actually are.

There's a lot of people in the world who are just as moral as you, and they don't necessarily share your beliefs. When I say "moral," I'm saying in how they treat people and how they contribute to healthy people around them.

To be honest, I've found many more neurotic people in the church, in the few decades I spent there. Why are people wack when they're supposedly serving the Lord? Why are they more hateful and condemning rather than reasoned and loving? Something isn't right with that journey.

Why stop there? There's plenty of good stuff concerning sex and love that people must follow everyday, right?

No, no, no... that stuff doesn't count anymore. Because it's not convenient.

The bible sure is a great place to look on matters of love and sex. I wonder what other great wisdom we can find that everyone follows today:

David was a man after God's own heart.

He murdered a man so he could commit adultery with his wife, resulting in the death of an innocent baby as well.
He didn't stand up for his daughter when her brother raped her. (good thing the NCAA wasn't in charge of his sanctions.)
He watched all of his children kill each other.
He performed a census that killed at least 30,000 Israelites from a plague.

He did also do a bunch of good things and/or show backbone. But I would suggest that his mottled mix of sin and goodness isn't any different than non-believers.

That's one problem -- the people claiming moral superiority are no better and often worse (by their own standards) than the people they would damn.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->

If brothers are living together and one of them dies without a son, his widow must not marry outside the family. Her husband's brother shall take her and marry her and fulfill the duty of a brother-in-law to her.
-Deuteronomy 25:5

If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.
-Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29

^There should be demonstrations to get the courts to enforce that one.

“‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.
“‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife —with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.
-Leviticus 20:9-10

“‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
“‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.
-Leviticus 19:27-28

“‘Keep my decrees.
“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.
“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.
-Leviticus 19:19

“‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself
-Leviticus 19:33-34 (that's a great one for people opposed to immigration!)

“‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the Lord.
-Leviticus 23:3

“‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and for the foreigner residing among you. I am the Lord your God.’”
-Leviticus 23:22

As true today as it was when it was written. We'd all sure be screwed if people disobeyed those.

You missed my favourite quote of the OT, @Agent Intellect:

2 Kings 2: 23-24

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”
24 So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

I'm really glad we stopped that one, I would have been well and truly &%$£ed throughout school. :D

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Good 'ol Elisha. What an irascible cuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom