• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Meditation links and practices

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
Today 2:48 AM
-->

Adrian von Ziegler makes mood music to follow me around all day.

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
-->
@redbaron Feel free to move this thread wherever you think it should go. I chose The Lounge for lack of anything better.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 8:48 PM
-->
I did Sam Harris’ 50 day meditation course a while ago. It was really good. I was already a regular meditator, but I gained a lot of good new habits from him and broke some bad ones. I recommend it for sure.

It’s a subscription service though. After the 50 days, you can do daily meditations with it, but I didn’t get any additional value from them so I cancelled it. Worth the money for the 50 days at least.

(I don’t really follow him, but AFAIK he’s a somewhat controversial figure. The meditation stuff is completely removed from any of his social commentaries or whatever, so don’t let it put you off)

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 8:48 PM
-->
Well Sam Harris is a neuroscientist so this is an area he's actually qualified in. He's pretty good at talking about mental states and ways to control them and avoid common pitfalls etc.

Haven't done the 50 days thing myself but I'd shill for Sam Harris in at least this area too tbh

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
-->
I'll give Sam Harris a try.

As for yoga: I can't stand a lot of the westernized psychobabble many yoga instructors spout off. If they run through a variety of asanas and don't chatter too much I get a lot more out of it.

I used to do the full 90 minute ashtanga primary series with dedication. These days I just don't have the time.

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
-->
@Cognisant I went to yoga class today and kept giggling out loud because I kept hearing the Grinch screaming in my head. Thanks. :pueh: :D:rolleyes:

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:48 PM
-->
Let it out~ Let it out~
Don't give a shit anymore~

The truly weird thing is that youtube channel was "christian life church", dunno why they were my first hit for "grinch screams during yoga".

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 5:48 AM
-->
Top Bottom