• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Mergings and psychosis

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 7:01 PM
-->
Psychosis is a higher state of existence.

Yes, that is correct.

You start off basic then get full on then extend your boundaries beyond where you were.

It goes, 1 2 3 4 and I'm out the door.

Psychosis is like... transcendental experience.

To transcend means to see beyond the boundaries of what you had thought to be true.

There are many stages of psychosis. It goes very far.

If you haven't even been psychotic before, then either you have and you don't know it, or you don't know how to live.

Live, friends, live!

For this is a magical universe we are thrown into. A universe of many magics and magicalities.

So do what you can, and then outdo yourself.

The ride is the journey, and the end point is the start of creation.

Yo.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:01 AM
-->
I opened my Sacral Chakra once.

IZ7r2n7.jpg

b0LpIp8.png

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Madonna - Ray Of Light (Official Music Video)

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
The title of this thread is an allusion to Pod'lair's Elevator of Enlightenment (Shiny Baby + beyond = Mergings). But because you silly peons don't like that stuff, I'll go Maslow+Jung instead:

Stage 0: physiological - this is before even cognitive functions kick in. The base state.

Cognition

Stage 1: safety, persona - what you identify as, where cognition becomes first apparent, the needs beyond the purely physiological (1st, 2nd functions)

Stage 2: [missing stage, I call it activity], shadow- pushing your conscious boundaries a bit further beyond what you identify as "you". Difficult stuff. Stuff to pass the time. (3rd, 4th functions)

Stage 3: belonging, anima: this is where you become aware of your other half, about the wonderful things which you don't identify as being you but which you seek out (5th, 6th functions)

Stage 4: esteem, self: when you become masterful - but masterful in a rather common sense, if I may. You get your cognitive faculties fully under control. (7th, 8th functions)

Spirituality

(I don't know the Jungian terms)

Stage 5: self-actualisation - so here you transcend your cognitive faculties. This is what I mean by associating psychosis with mergings. I believe that a common story amongst people self actualising is that they have a "break from reality". Actually, this is just a break from conventional reality. It is where the insufficiences of the more basic state of existence become known, and you start to transcend into another realm of experience.

Stage 6+: self-transcendence: this continues the journey into psychosis, and actually there are many further stages associated with this, but due to the encompassing nature of the word "transcendence" they all fall under this banner.

But basically, there are such themes as earth consciousness, alien encouters, absurdity, infinity, heaven and hell, associated with the stages beyond this.

Then, after you go through a certain number of stages: BOOM, FULL MASTERY, and the true journey begins.

baccheion

Local time
Today 5:01 AM
-->
Psychosis is bad. A higher state of existence can be achieved via meditation or certain supplements. Even iodine (protocol levels of iodine) can create a "humming in the air."

I say a higher state of existence is increased clarity, fluidity, interhemispheric communication, and interconnections among brain regions. Poor health, waste/toxins, heavy metal excess, nutrient deficiencies, etc can impair access to such a state.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Psychosis is bad.

I disagree. I have considered that idea, but it is becoming more and more clear to me that that is not the case, not at all.

I thought "maybe I wasn't really psychotic at all, and what I went through was good, but a lot or most of people diagnosed with psychosis are going through something that's actually bad" but I don't buy that idea because most of the schizophrenics I have encountered, whether through real life, forums, or youtube videos, seem to be very spiritually developed individuals. It seems absurd to me to say that what they go through is bad when it brings them so much understanding.

But the mental health system would have you believe the contrary. As it says in the Bible:

" Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered. "

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 6:01 PM
-->
As someone who's gone through psychosis, its hardly a state of anything, just a mass intake of information which is interpreted by the patient in stress inducing ways. It's not fun at all- not to mention expensive to cure. Im currently taking pills to calm down any risk of one reoccuring again. Gonna take these for a year, my doctor says.. :/

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
As someone who's gone through psychosis, its hardly a state of anything, just a mass intake of information which is interpreted by the patient in stress inducing ways. It's not fun at all- not to mention expensive to cure. Im currently taking pills to calm down any risk of one reoccuring again. Gonna take these for a year, my doctor says.. :/

I have fun while psychotic. I assume it's psychosis, that's what it's being called.

I've been on anti-psychotic injections for 4 of the last 5 years. They are NO FUN.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Injections? Dont you mean you get injected with a tranquilizer so you calm down and sleep it off? I had a couple of those... When i enter into a state of psychosis thats the thing i want to get it off of me. But then again you have to get to a hospital in the first place and somehow convince the doctors youre induced by psychosis in the first place so technically you have to wait until it gets worse till they actually believe you. So yeah I agree, it's no fun.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Injections? Dont you mean you get injected with a tranquilizer so you calm down and sleep it off? I had a couple of those... When i enter into a state of psychosis thats the thing i want to get it off of me. But then again you have to get to a hospital in the first place and somehow convince the doctors youre induced by psychosis in the first place so technically you have to wait until it gets worse till they actually believe you. So yeah I agree, it's no fun.

Calm down and sleep it off?

The tranquilisers are operating constantly. I sleep 12 hours a day. I mean being tranquilised is no fun.

When I enter into a state of psychosis, the last thing I want is to be tranquilised. Well, psychosis or no it's not a pleasant drug to be on. When I'm psychotic I want to explore the surreal stories that are being sent to me, to live them out and explore the hidden world.

Convincing a doctor that you need anti-psychotics is easy. Just talk to them when you're on drugs. Convincing a doctor that you don't need anti-psychotics is extremely difficult however. Once you've been prescribed them, any opinion you may form that you don't need to be on them, no matter how thought out, is seen as a delusion. They see anti-psychotics as a thing you need to be on for life once you've shown signs of psychosis.

It doesn't make sense to me.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Oh I see, ao you arent taking pills? I take morning and evening pills- they act like a preventive measure against stress which induces psychosis. I had one 3 months ago and my mother had to fly in from Japan to calm me down. That was my latest episode.. It was during Moon Jae In and Kim Jung Un's third summit too which made me grandiose-ize some crazy shit. Don't want to get into it but you know what I mean.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 2:01 AM
-->
A higher state of existence can be achieved via meditation or certain supplements. Even iodine (protocol levels of iodine) can create a "humming in the air."

I say a higher state of existence is increased clarity, fluidity, interhemispheric communication, and interconnections among brain regions. Poor health, waste/toxins, heavy metal excess, nutrient deficiencies, etc can impair access to such a state.
Agreed.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 4:01 AM
-->
The question is not one of experience, but of control.

I know I am not in control of my mind during psychosis, IDK about you.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
The question is not one of experience, but of control.

I know I am not in control of my mind during psychosis, IDK about you.

A lot of content streams to the mind via the unconscious during an altered state such as psychosis,

As such, it is not something under voluntary control,

If it were, I would be psychotic right now, although I can activate it to some degree.

There needs to be something that the mind is processing on an unconscious level over a certain length of time for this to flood the mind in such a state,

As the mind takes in more than it can process, I believe that psychosis is effective for when there is a lot that has been taken it,

And that what has been taken in coalesces into the dream-like experience that it does.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I think I mentioned it before, but I don't know if what I experience actually even is psychosis, so I might be going about this all wrong.

What I do know is:

I have some kind of episodes that are distinct from ordinary life
These episodes have been diagnosed as psychotic
I generally like these episodes and want them to continue, however,
The "mental health system" wants these episodes to discontinue, and...
Will force treatment on me against my will if they perceive that it will help accomplish that.

So, given that there is something that I see as good which is being fought against by a powerful institution, I wish to be a voice fighting against that institution, by fighting for the validity of these states of mind that I am speaking about.

What I am speaking about is a form of spiritual progress, and the war on it must end.

...or if the war on it will not end, then we must rebel against this false authority, and promote these states.

I do not wish to invalidate the suffering that people may go through when they go through what is also termed psychosis. I understand that many people experience what they term psychosis, and do not welcome such a state. However to those who do want it I wish strength to pursue it, and for those who do not want it, I wish strength to be free from it.

I also wonder what the difference and relation between these differently valued states is.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 11:01 AM
-->
Do things from unconscious level stay with you after psychotic episodes in form of revelations, toughts? If yes do you find them useful in some form or just interesting?

Do episodes happen according to some pattern? You mentioned something like information overload could be a cue or trigger.

Do you think you have a need to feel special, different from other people to achieve self-affirmation?

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Do things from unconscious level stay with you after psychotic episodes in form of revelations, toughts? If yes do you find them useful in some form or just interesting?

I've probably changed a great deal over the past few years, so it changes me in a sense, but I lose most of what was going through my head when the episode ends. Life returns to "normal" which is rather boring. And then another episode kicks in and it all comes back to me.

Do episodes happen according to some pattern? You mentioned something like information overload could be a cue or trigger.

I've tried to find a pattern but it's hard to find a clear one. I had considered that I have so far had an episode corresponding to each of the 16 MBTI types, but that's just a speculation. Last year I was having an episode every 4 months, but that trend stopped this year.

Though there's another pattern, regarding the book of Revelation that is interesting.

Do you think you have a need to feel special, different from other people to achieve self-affirmation?

Possibly. I tend to see myself as having greater potential than most people for achieving something great, and it's important to try and live up to that potential, but it's also important to affirm the everyday aspects of life and be in another sense equal with others. I don't know if it's a need to feel different per se, or a recognition that I probably am. Though you're not the first person to suggest that about me so it's probably true.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->
A lot of people talk like this when their life is boring and their mind is deprived. Usually people who seek to connect with something. Some do it for people connections and other do it to connect with the more interesting better life that they actually dont have.

I think the psychological truth is that growth is many times mundane and boring and that a lot of things really dont seem much, but later become very important. Sometimes our mind plays trick on us. Makes us think too much of something trivial and the important stuff flows by and we never notice.

Its that weird phenomena when people really do grow up to be strong and tall and beautiful trees, but many times they dont even realize that it happend.

I guess lot of this stuff is hyped up to make it feel real and its lot of theatrical stuff.

I had psychosis. Its not big deal. You are bit off the rocker. I still have after images since it happend. Lot of stuff. I think the only thing you really learn in psychosis is the feeling of knowing that moment when you cant even trust your mind.

I know a lot of people think that altered states are interesting. I dont know. I never found anything interesting in them other than the fact they are basically just altered perceptions.

If you really want an alternative to your boring life try something real instead. You know like being real with yourself. Looking into yourself and looking out of yourself.

Maybe you dont need alternative psychic world, but what you need is learning who you really are.

lightfire

Local time
Today 4:01 AM
-->
I dont think it's a matter of having a boring life, but there are definitely some people with actual mental health issues, and that's serious business when they promote not taking prescribed medication and saying that psychosis is fun.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 11:01 AM
-->
If having psychosis is alternative to boring life what is then catatonic state doc? recommended chill in our busy times?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
I dont think it's a matter of having a boring life, but there are definitely some people with actual mental health issues, and that's serious business when they promote not taking prescribed medication and saying that psychosis is fun.

I read lot of stories of schizophrenics and such. Some rare occassions people stop taking medication just for fun. Its rare, because psychosis can be pretty fightening experience. Meds that these people take are strong. They literally make you a walking dead. A zombie with no motivation or libido. You get fat and sleep half the day. The other half of the day you are groggy and tired to do anything so you just stare at the TV or computer monitor and then go to sleep. It is precisely about boredome. They stop the meds and have few days of fun, turn everything upside down in their life and then get hospitalized.

Its either slow boring death or surreal adventure fueled by break with reality.

All this spiritual mambo jumbo is all the same. Escape from boring life. I know people who take drugs and I know people who talk about magic. Its all the same story. People who feel like they mean nothing. People who feel no value in life. People with no real upcoming prospects. People who live day after day in one single string of monotone motion.

All the people who are even remotely successful and have fun life and actually little more developed are far from this shit.

I mean dont get me wrong. When I was little I wanted to be a wizard. I have overactive imagination to the point I lived more in imagination than in real world. The issue is when you start compensating real life with narcissistic beliefs a grandious delusion that supposedly there is something nonmaterialistic that makes your life so much more. Psychologically speaking this is just defense machanism. Subconsciously people know their life is boring shit life. So before that surfaces in their conscious mind the subconscious kicks up a fight and starts sending all kinds of mixed messages about reality.

I do agree psychosis is not result of boring life, but all the metaphysical mumbo jumbo definitely is a psychological problem brewing. Not that its a big problem. Most people get over this stuff pretty quickly once they get past their complexes, but a lot of people can drag this stuff all their lifes.

rlnb

Local time
Today 5:01 PM
-->
Merging/transcendence and psychosis are very similar. Psychosis sometimes results when in the process of transcendence something breaks or if transcendence happens suddenly.
Some even believe it is a necessary preparation for transcendence.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I experienced psychosis twice at the hospital this time March/April. I was constantly on the verge.

It seems that when dopamine is in a continuous flow as the imagination circuits activate. The front and back brain continuously loop. It is not technically under control like imagination is.

I haven't got it so bad. Only under extreme circumstances does it happen.

I do let my awareness tend toward synchronicity most often.

rlnb

Local time
Today 5:01 PM
-->
My experience was : There was a period of extreme high. But I got too attached to it and was too egoistic and it resulted in deep darkness.
The lesson from all this for me was : to surrender both the high and the low at the feet of the divine and have the necessary balance to go through life without causing harm.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
The mind is kind of a thing that really works only one way. You cant take nootropics to make it work better, because the brain can understand real world only when its working like a well coordinated orchestra. All the psychadelics do is they tune out some intrstruments and make other instruments very loud which can be a nice change in the sound, but in reality its really not as nice when the orchestra is well coordinated. With psychosis its the same. Somethings get loud other things dont work.

Its hard to have a very fine tuned brain to read reality. Every part of the brain has to work prefectly well. So when you are doing particular activity its like producing a particular music. Some instruments become completely silent while others play and others are in the background.

I think if you really want to have a nice life and nice change in life, get some new hobbies, start doing new things, expend more energy and dont be affraid to work on something you dont like. Also shake things up, learn constantly new things and be creative with everyday life. Break from boring habits and imploy habits that make your life fun and interesting. Always look for new perspectives, look at things with fresh eyes, and dont hesitate to be skeptical towards your own assumptions about reality. You know instead of being skeptical of everyone around you be skeptical of your own reality.
Abandon old algorithms and introduce new algorithms. Use different schemes and analyse things differently. So if you follow this advice you will transced all the way to 48th dimension or more, and you wont even know how easy it was.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Last night in the dark I saw a rubber ducky form from yellowness in my vision. Psychosis seems tp be liquidness to it like the ducky. I tried drawing the duck, wasn't any good.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 2:01 AM
-->
The mind is kind of a thing that really works only one way. You cant take nootropics to make it work better, because the brain can understand real world only when its working like a well coordinated orchestra. All the psychadelics do is they tune out some intrstruments and make other instruments very loud which can be a nice change in the sound, but in reality its really not as nice when the orchestra is well coordinated. With psychosis its the same. Somethings get loud other things dont work.

Its hard to have a very fine tuned brain to read reality. Every part of the brain has to work prefectly well. So when you are doing particular activity its like producing a particular music. Some instruments become completely silent while others play and others are in the background.

I think if you really want to have a nice life and nice change in life, get some new hobbies, start doing new things, expend more energy and dont be affraid to work on something you dont like. Also shake things up, learn constantly new things and be creative with everyday life. Break from boring habits and imploy habits that make your life fun and interesting. Always look for new perspectives, look at things with fresh eyes, and dont hesitate to be skeptical towards your own assumptions about reality. You know instead of being skeptical of everyone around you be skeptical of your own reality.
Abandon old algorithms and introduce new algorithms. Use different schemes and analyse things differently. So if you follow this advice you will transced all the way to 48th dimension or more, and you wont even know how easy it was.
I think you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Top Bottom