• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My Philosophy of Life

DeityOfOmnicide

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:41 AM
-->
I believe that life is meaningless and empty and humanity/society distracts themselves as a way to hide the terrifying truth, i also believe its perfectly fine to do so as long as you see it. ''An unexamined life is not worth living'' my paradigm may be difficult to understand but to understand you must hold no emotion and temporarily become a nihilist or comprehend the nihilistic paradigm. And religion for me is like Half Athiest-Half Christian-Half Nihilist as in i except the possibility of a god yet except the possibility of no god because either-or it will never effect me.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 4:41 PM
-->
If life is meaningless and empty then it's perfectly fine to do absolutely anything but there's no point.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:41 PM
-->
Where does me being a pokemon master fit into all this.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Where does me being a pokemon master fit into all this.

When you started your journey,
You wanted to catch all the pokemons.

But when you catch all the pokemons,
Then what will you do?

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Free them all? :cutewhitekitten::cutewhitekitten::cutewhitekitten:
And the cycle continues,
The ebb and flow of life,
As matter collides, coalesces,
And breaks apart once more,

Only to be, that which once was,
Never to see, that which now is,
And the riddle's solution, is it.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:41 AM
-->
nihilism is a warm and cuddly blanket to wrap oneself into at the end of the day. It's almost as soothing as religion

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 3:11 PM
-->
What's difficult to understand about it?

Darla45

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:41 AM
-->
Each life psychology is different from the other, I guess we all have the right to feel differently according to our values and thoughts.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:41 AM
-->
Counter point: there is meaning in everything.

Get steppin'.

jbar

non sequitur
Local time
-->
I believe that life is meaningless and empty and humanity/society distracts themselves as a way to hide the terrifying truth, i also believe its perfectly fine to do so as long as you see it...
Why is it so terrifying that life doesn't come pre-packaged with "meaning"? Usually, this idea assumes that we are all part of a divine, ongoing plan and that's why our lives have purpose. So for those who think life is "meaningful", what/who we are is understood only in terms of a larger purpose outside ourselves that we plug into, Matrix-style.

I prefer to think that our lives are infused with meaning, not because it's there outside of us just waiting to be discovered, but because we make it so. If there is a purpose to my life it is because I chose that purpose by the decisions that make up my life.

Minute Squirrel

magician
Local time
Today 5:41 AM
-->
I think you guys drove him away....

Anyway, only sentience can create meaning. The universe is full of meaning but it is created. Some rock or flaming gas ball will only give you the meaning you bestow upon it.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Can real life be virtual?

The magic has been taken out of life, so we take both the life and the magic and put them into a machine, but then the life and the magic will be taken out of the machine and we will all be machines and that really grinds my gears.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:41 PM
-->
images

DeityOfOmnicide

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:41 AM
-->
i been gone bc i found the answer we all are looking for... LSD, not that welcoming but if you relax and listen to good music not like x bc hes good but thats a bad trip... the hallucinations are like staring at a lightbulb then looking away but thats not the main focus of the high its really a accurate yet incomprehensible paradigm that can only be comprehended if you try it and what it shows is truly unarticulatible so no amount of videos can make you comprehend it but it shows you how the world works and what an intp searches for which is some form of the complex nature of our existence

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
i been gone bc i found the answer we all are looking for... LSD, not that welcoming but if you relax and listen to good music not like x bc hes good but thats a bad trip... the hallucinations are like staring at a lightbulb then looking away but thats not the main focus of the high its really a accurate yet incomprehensible paradigm that can only be comprehended if you try it and what it shows is truly unarticulatible so no amount of videos can make you comprehend it but it shows you how the world works and what an intp searches for which is some form of the complex nature of our existence

My enlightenment came long after my experience with shrooms (10+ years later), so how would you explain that?

Top Bottom