• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Napoleon Bonaparte - ENTJ

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 7:30 PM
-->
x21210.jpg

- Used the Catholic Church to monopolize social power; rallies the masses.
- Goes into Russia during the winter (which Hitler promptly follows about a century later).
- Goes completely YOLO after escaping Elba and persuades an entire regiment to rally to his cause, which basically, is himself.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

Hundred Days said:
While the Allies were distracted, Napoleon solved his problem in characteristic fashion. On 26 February 1815, when the British and French guard ships were absent, he slipped away from Portoferraio on board the brig Inconstant with some 1,000 men and landed at Golfe-Juan between Cannes and Antibes on 1 March 1815. Except in royalist Provence, he was warmly received.[7][13] He avoided much of Provence by taking a route through the Alps, marked today as the Route Napoléon.[14]

Firing no shot in his defence, his troop numbers swelled until they became an army. On 5 March, the nominally royalist 5th Infantry Regiment at Grenoble went over to Napoleon en masse. The next day they were joined by the 7th Infantry Regiment under its colonel, Charles de la Bédoyère, who was executed for treason by the Bourbons after the campaign ended. An old anecdote illustrates Napoleon's charisma. When royalist troops deployed to stop the march of Napoleon's force at Grenoble, Napoleon stepped out in front of them, ripped open his coat and said "If any of you will shoot his Emperor, here I am." The men joined his cause.[15]

Marshal Ney, now one of Louis' commanders, had said that Napoleon ought to be brought to Paris in an iron cage, but on 14 March, Ney joined Napoleon with 6,000 men. Five days later, after proceeding through the countryside promising constitutional reform and direct elections to an assembly, to the acclaim of gathered crowds Napoleon entered the capital, whence Louis XVIII had recently fled.[7]

The royalists did not pose a major threat: the duc d'Angoulême raised a small force in the south, but at Valence it did not provide resistance against Imperialists under Grouchy’s command;[7] and the duke, on 9 April 1815, signed a convention whereby they received a free pardon from the Emperor. The royalists of the Vendée moved later and caused more difficulty for the Imperialists.[7]
He could just be insane as well, which is also another reasonable explanation.

Napoleon = ENTJ?

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 4:30 AM
-->
Maybe, but he always came off as SJ to me. He was concrete, practically minded, and short-sightedly totalitarian. He made so many "after-the-fact" laws, and was too focused on the virtual irradication of idealism that brought on the "Reign of Terror". His ever-present paranoia, his constant need for control, his hasty spread through Europe that made him look like a fool-hearty RISK player? No. I don't think an ENTJ would have gotten that far and then lost his marbles.

NFs and NTs instigated the French Revolution with their esoteric ideals, the general populace enacted it, and after years of chaos, one very determined SJ "did what was necessary" to return France to order and glory under his own vision.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 7:30 PM
-->
Maybe, but he always came off as SJ to me. He was concrete, practically minded, and short-sightedly totalitarian. He made so many "after-the-fact" laws, and was too focused on the virtual irradication of idealism that brought on the "Reign of Terror". His ever-present paranoia, his constant need for control, his hasty spread through Europe that made him look like a fool-hearty RISK player? No. I don't think an ENTJ would have gotten that far and then lost his marbles.

NFs and NTs instigated the French Revolution with their esoteric ideals, the general populace enacted it, and after years of chaos, one very determined SJ "did what was necessary" to return France to order and glory under his own vision.

I see how that can work.

So out of the four SJs, (ISTJ, ESTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ).. I'm guessing ESTJ? Actually the personality page for an ESTJ does fit into Napoleon's model, now that I've read it over. (link) Seems possible, maybe even more likely.

But when I think of Napoleon as a revolutionist, that SJ part somewhat feels weaker in comparison. o:

ENTJ: Te-Ni-Se-Fi
ESTJ: Te-Si-Ne-Fi

^just for reference^

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
That's what I was getting at arguing against ENTJ. He wasn't revolutionary. He was anti-revolution. He ended revolution. The prevented revolution.

I'm leaning toward ISTJ mostly because of the short-sightedness and reactionary nature of his leadership. He was paranoid too in a way that we more often see ISTJs when left in charge.

For the SJ argument too was how he viewed duty and loyalty. He expected that people would and should follow him simply because he was the leader.

He wasn't an idiot of course. He encouraged people to spy on one another to ensure no trust among anyone who'd possibly have the influence to usurp him. This technique, far from being new to French leaders, was perfected by him in a way that only an SJ could.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
It helps if you dig into a persons personal details rather than their public actions. Private life tends to conform more to type than public actions.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
Today 10:30 AM
-->
Socionics says ESFP. I'm bit hesitant to buy that. Certainly something tells me that extrovert with Te Se values. ENTJ or ESFP. I have somewhat correlated chess mastery and wars Te valuing types. Fi with borderline characteristics: It is love or war.

Obviously that is not so clear distinction because Fe says: you are one of us. See mr Putin for example.

viche

Local time
Today 3:30 AM
-->
In Socionics he is typed as either SLE or SEE, which is ESTP and ESFP in MBTI accordingly.

His whole battle against a famous Russian general Kutuzov was supposedly a battle of Se (direct, hefty attack) vs. Ni (waiting out until your enemy wastes their time, enervating their resources and energy), with Kutuzov supposedly being NiTe type (INTJ or ILI).

Here's a description of it: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?...ieva_and_M._Kuzmina#ILI.2C_INTp_.28Ni.2CTe.29

If you have ever studied socionics and read about erotic attitudes of "aggressor (Se)" and "victim" (Ni) types, this is what the whole Napoleon vs. Kutuzon interchange looked like, with Kutuzov craftily using his intuition to temper Napoleon's Se advances. So there is little doubt that Napoleon was a Se dominant type, but the secondary function could be debated further.

Turnevies

Local time
Today 11:30 AM
-->
This arguments seem to indicate some S'ness indeed. But still, I don't think a sensor would have the strategics to get into power as he did, as S'es are known to just keep doing things that are working and he didn't really have an example leader to follow I think.

Furthermore, Napoleon was not only a military strategist. To my knowledge it is because of this guy we are using the SI-metric system today, and in many countries law is largely based on the Code Napoléon. This things look kind of visionary, indicating N.

viche

Local time
Today 3:30 AM
-->
The authors of those profiles I posted above were making a point that Napoleon lost precisely because of his lack of intuition and foresight, a mistake that was used by a Russian general with strong intuition to enervate Napoleon's army. Of course ENxJs have "less" intuition than INxJs, but still I think an ENTJ would be able to predict this outcome, cut his losses and not fight until the last straw (man standing). This seems more like a mistake that a sensing type with weak intuition would make.

As for strategy, in Socionics both ESxp types are considered to be "strategic" types and Se is called "volitional sensing" or "willful sensing of reality", so in their typing system ESxP types are described to have leadership qualities and "attacking/advancing" style of behavior that often makes them leaders of various sorts. They type both Alexander the Great and Sun Tzu of the "Art of War" as ESTPs (SLEs).

Of present day personalities, Donald Trump is typed as ESTP in MBTI and SLE(ESTp) in Socionics, so he would be an example of a sensor with a clear strategy to get into power (in present day case becoming the president of united states) and what people notice about his election rhetoric is it's "attacking" style that often hones into physical weak points of an opponent - very typical of an ESTP.

Top Bottom