• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

New Job!

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:11 AM
-->
Historically speaking I have hated every Job I have ever done.

This job seems promising mostly because its new and I always enjoy learning new things.

I am going to be working for Corning. They make plastic products. I will be working in the division that makes plastic pipettes for laboratory research.

This seems interesting enough. I was a Forensic Bio-Chemistry major in College so I at least know how to use a pipette. I am not sure how well this will help me in the Job but maybe if I am a good worker they push me up to testing I not sure.

Anyway its seems like a good study job and I will be making more then I have ever made before and be working full time with options for over time.

All in all I have nothing bad to say about it coming in.

I only plane to work this job for 3 to 4 years max (my longest job I have ever had lasted 3 years and my last serious job only lasted 6 month.) However, I ended that job because of my move to Maine for Michigan.

I have been out of work for about 3 months and I been kinda lazy so I need to re-motivate myself.

Anyway I just on hear sharing me update. Any feedback is welcome.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
Historically speaking I have hated every Job I have ever done.

This job seems promising mostly because its new and I always enjoy learning new things.

I am going to be working for Corning. They make plastic products. I will be working in the division that makes plastic pipettes for laboratory research.

This seems interesting enough. I was a Forensic Bio-Chemistry major in College so I at least know how to use a pipette. I am not sure how well this will help me in the Job but maybe if I am a good worker they push me up to testing I not sure.

Anyway its seems like a good study job and I will be making more then I have ever made before and be working full time with options for over time.

All in all I have nothing bad to say about it coming in.

I only plane to work this job for 3 to 4 years max (my longest job I have ever had lasted 3 years and my last serious job only lasted 6 month.) However, I ended that job because of my move to Maine for Michigan.

I have been out of work for about 3 months and I been kinda lazy so I need to re-motivate myself.

Anyway I just on hear sharing me update. Any feedback is welcome.

Research and development? Nice! You'll want to work on your spelling and grammar so that you can write reports, letters, and e-mails well, though. Any particular reason that you have a hard time with it?

-Duxwing

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 7:11 AM
-->
Good for you! You'll probably be surprised the directions this takes you.

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
Today 3:11 PM
-->
Congrats.
Hopefully it's better then your pharmacy tech days!

bartoli

Local time
Today 2:11 PM
-->
I have a Corning division near my place, they make the window glasses. I hope yours has a better financial health than this one, there always was issues when they needed to pay us for our services in my previous company.
But gratz on the new job! I started me second job last week too, and i can understand TOTALLY the importance of the interest of a job!

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Research and development? Nice! You'll want to work on your spelling and grammar so that you can write reports, letters, and e-mails well, though. Any particular reason that you have a hard time with it?

-Duxwing

Its working the machine line right now. Hopefully, it could grow into more then just that.

As for as my lack of spelling/ Grammar its mostly comes for a nonchalant attitude about my spelling/ Grammar in my casual forum writing.

I can actually right relatively if I set my mind to it. It just isn't something I find interesting and as most INTPs if I don't find something interesting I don't really do very well at keeping it up in practice. However, if I did make it to the a point were this was needed in a work setting I am sure I can re-learn the skills I knew in school.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
For me the hard part starts today, I have been staying up until 3 or 4 am and waking at 11, 12 or even 1 pm.

I will have to start waking at 5 am so I can wake up, shower, eat breakfast and drive the 45 min to work so that I can get there 15 mins before starting work at 7am.

I don't know how many of you guys a night time thinkers but this sucks for me. I have never had to get up this early for work or class. I use to get up at 6am for high school but that was like 10 years ago. In college my earliest class was 8am and I normally crawled out of bed in my PJ's and went to class.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
Its working the machine line right now. Hopefully, it could grow into more then just that.

It won't grow if you don't make it. Ask about promotion opportunities! :)

As for as my lack of spelling/ Grammar its mostly comes for a nonchalant attitude about my spelling/ Grammar in my casual forum writing.

I can actually right relatively if I set my mind to it. It just isn't something I find interesting and as most INTPs if I don't find something interesting I don't really do very well at keeping it up in practice. However, if I did make it to the a point were this was needed in a work setting I am sure I can re-learn the skills I knew in school.

I don't want to sound mean-spirited, bu your 'nonchalant' attitude toward spelling and grammar is unfair to the rest of us. I, for one, would certainly like to read your posts and debate with you, but I don't because your spelling and grammar make reading them too unpleasant. Perhaps you're not aware of this-- you're essentially the only one on this forum who writes so poorly-- but reading badly written sentences hurts. Below is an example to illustrate my point; read it and see how you feel.

"I had a weird today when ride my bike to the groceries store. The reign was pouring and suddenly I saw looked like a monster a man in rubber suit walking down the street in a towel. I walk down the street found a dime."

See? Isn't that painful to read and hard to understand? I can help you write better again if you'd like: In my days on SporeWiki, I almost fully corrected the bad habits of a fanfiction writer for whom English is only a second language, so working with you will be much, much easier. As for what I'd do, I'd quote your posts twice, correct one, tell you exactly what you've done wrong, explain the principle(s) behind the error, and show you how it ought to look. :)

And note that I'm not trying to insult you. I genuinely want to hear what you have to say, but the 'static in your signal' makes that too difficult. Also, I just love correcting people (:D) and helping someone out by so doing would be wonderful for me.

-Duxwing

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 12:11 AM
-->
Duxwing said:
Your 'nonchalant' attitude toward spelling and grammar is unfair to the rest of us. I, for one, would certainly like to read your posts and debate with you, but I don't because your spelling and grammar make reading them too unpleasant.

This reflects more poorly on you than it does him to be honest.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It won't grow if you don't make it. Ask about promotion opportunities! :)

I don't want to sound mean-spirited, bu your 'nonchalant' attitude toward spelling and grammar is unfair to the rest of us. I, for one, would certainly like to read your posts and debate with you, but I don't because your spelling and grammar make reading them too unpleasant. Perhaps you're not aware of this-- you're essentially the only one on this forum who writes so poorly-- but reading badly written sentences hurts. Below is an example to illustrate my point; read it and see how you feel.

"I had a weird today when ride my bike to the groceries store. The reign was pouring and suddenly I saw looked like a monster a man in rubber suit walking down the street in a towel. I walk down the street found a dime."

See? Isn't that painful to read and hard to understand? I can help you write better again if you'd like: In my days on SporeWiki, I almost fully corrected the bad habits of a fanfiction writer for whom English is only a second language, so working with you will be much, much easier. As for what I'd do, I'd quote your posts twice, correct one, tell you exactly what you've done wrong, explain the principle(s) behind the error, and show you how it ought to look. :)

And note that I'm not trying to insult you. I genuinely want to hear what you have to say, but the 'static in your signal' makes that too difficult. Also, I just love correcting people (:D) and helping someone out by so doing would be wonderful for me.

-Duxwing

I am sorry for you.

Not really.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:11 AM
-->
What do you think about the issue?

-Duxwing

When did this become an issue? It's a personal quirk of his. Let him express himself, and if reading his posts is too "unpleasant" for you then don't reply.

I'm luck we aren't required to do mental math on here, because I'm sure my results would be equally "unpleasant."

Your patronizing air can likely be chalked up to the social and emotional obliviousness of a young INTP, but that does not excuse it.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
It IS an issue, Duxwing is right and you guys are fucking posers.

Chad is the biggest poser here, his language is fucking terrible and he doesn't care, sluffing it off like he "could" be coherent if he 'wanted' to.

I am surprised he can read at all.

I need a job again I just quit mine again.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
He's being sarcastic. He doesn't care you find his incoherence troubling.

And is posting incoherent ramblings OK around here?

-Duxwing

Duxwing

Local time
-->
When did this become an issue?

Ever since he joined.

It's a personal quirk of his. Let him express himself, and if reading his posts is too "unpleasant" for you then don't reply.

You're entirely misrepresenting my argument. I want to understand what he has to say, but I can't because reading his posts is like rubbing sand in my eyes.

I'm luck we aren't required to do mental math on here, because I'm sure my results would be equally "unpleasant."

False analogy: You can use a calculator to do math for you, but no machine can (at the moment) make Chad's posts easier to read and understand.

Moreover, the primary medium of this forum is textual expression, and I want to help Chad express himself through text, just like I helped Dinoman82 on the SporeWiki.

Your patronizing air can likely be chalked up to the social and emotional obliviousness of a young INTP, but that does not excuse it.

If I've patronized him, it has only been accidental. Chad's inability to write well will hamper him in the future, not to mention that it's driving me up a wall because he'll sometimes reply to my posts and I'll be forced to either concede the point, insult his ability, or read his writing for hours on end. So I've decided to lend him a hand, not as his 'superior,' but as his peer.

-Duxwing

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ever since he joined.

You're entirely misrepresenting my argument. I want to understand what he has to say, but I can't because reading his posts is like rubbing sand in my eyes.

False analogy: You can use a calculator to do math for you, but no machine can (at the moment) make Chad's posts easier to read and understand.

Moreover, the primary medium of this forum is textual expression, and I want to help Chad express himself through text, just like I helped Dinoman82 on the SporeWiki.

If I've patronized him, it has only been accidental. Chad's inability to write well will hamper him in the future, not to mention that it's driving me up a wall because he'll sometimes reply to my posts and I'll be forced to either concede the point, insult his ability, or read his writing for hours on end. So I've decided to lend him a hand, not as his 'superior,' but as his peer.

-Duxwing

I have no reason to prove to anyone my ability to write. Its not like I am complaining on here about not find a job because of my writing skills, this has never been it question in real life. You can believe me or not either way it has no effect no me. If you don't like my post Ignore me I don't really care if you replay or not. I only reply to you when I have an opinion I find that you might be able to use. However mostly I ignore because of your
"social obliviousness" which I find very unpleasant.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It IS an issue, Duxwing is right and you guys are fucking posers.

Chad is the biggest poser here, his language is fucking terrible and he doesn't care, sluffing it off like he "could" be coherent if he 'wanted' to.

I am surprised he can read at all.

I need a job again I just quit mine again.

What are you talking about you must have me confused with someone else I have never used this forum to complain about losing, quieting or even finding a job.

I don't think my reading is in question either however, you may wish to believe this if it make you feel better.

I am hear to talk about my new job. It's a good thing, I am not complaining. I am a little worried about the details. However, nerves comes with just about any new experiences.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
What are you talking about you must have me confused with someone else I have never used this forum to complain about losing, quieting or even finding a job.

I don't think my reading is in question either however, you may wish to believe this if it make you feel better.

I am hear to talk about my new job. It's a good thing, I am not complaining. I am a little worried about the details. However, nerves comes with just about any new experiences.

No. I question your processing ability.

I quit my job today, Chad. I always quit my jobs, Chad. I'm always starting new jobs, Chad. It's relevant to this thread so I posted it, Chad.

I do not have you confused with anybody else, Chad Salloway.

Your post makes me question your reading abilities, even though you suggest that questioning it makes me feel better.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
Today 1:11 PM
-->
Spelling actually is not that much of an issue in terms of reading. This has been proven by Cambridge University

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Also, Chad's posts are not impossible or difficult to read to the point where the context is lost.

Knowbody on this forum typed using proper grammar or acurate spelling all the time. They're is spilling mistakes in Duxwing's posts for example (not to mention many of my own).

If you cannot read Chad's posts and extract any context of what he is saying, then quite frankly it is you who needs to brush up on your English, not Chad.

p.s. - Hope you enjoy your new Job Chad - [uppercase spelling for Job is a Tolkienism]

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Heh @Duxwing, you're amazingly oblivious to how you come across. It's either a blind spot, or you're just that self confident.

You remember when you asked me how you are a "know-it-all". You got a perfect example in this thread. http://www.intpforum.com/showpost.php?p=359290&postcount=9

It wouldn't be so bad that you're trying to help someone, if it weren't for talking in a patronizing tone that sounds like you're talking to child that isn't big enough yet to understand complex thoughts and sentences, so you need to chew it up for them, with sugar on top.

Also, I just love correcting people () and helping someone out by so doing would be wonderful for me.

Now, this just adds insult to injury. It sounds smug, but let me break it down further:

at the same time you say you enjoy correcting other's wrongs which puts in a higher position relative to the person and implies superiority - then you go on to say that helping would be wonderful for you, so...you're saying you're trying to further create a pleasant feeling for yourself which can mean a few things; either you innocently derive pleasure from helping, or you get pleasure from being right and shepherding others, having them accept your righteousness. It also implies you don't get pleasure from helping people but that you want to feel good about helping. It's like "being in love" vs "being in love with being in love/love"

People tend to suspect it's about your superiority, it's not necessarily the case, although I personally think it is :elephant: but it is what you're projecting most of the time.

When I called you a "know-it-all" I was referring to your tendency to put yourself in the position of the more knowledgeable/capable person when interacting with people in certain contexts, typically debates and advice giving, and pushing your answers onto people, which you sugar-coat, probably in an attempt to be nice and inoffensive, but you end up sounding very patronizing. Other than that, in debates you're also pushing to win which further intensifies the whole "talking down to people" thing.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I just think he's a painter focused more on the brush than the canvas.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
For me the hard part starts today, I have been staying up until 3 or 4 am and waking at 11, 12 or even 1 pm.

I will have to start waking at 5 am so I can wake up, shower, eat breakfast and drive the 45 min to work so that I can get there 15 mins before starting work at 7am.

I don't know how many of you guys a night time thinkers but this sucks for me. I have never had to get up this early for work or class. I use to get up at 6am for high school but that was like 10 years ago. In college my earliest class was 8am and I normally crawled out of bed in my PJ's and went to class.

Good luck with that. Fucked up sleeping has always been with me, and waking up early compounds whatever issues I have with a job or people. If they're bad by themselves, having to wake up early to do bad shit and be with bad people is extremely demotivating...

I want to understand what he has to say, but I can't because reading his posts is like rubbing sand in my eyes.

OH THE HUMANITY! OH THE IRONY!

@Duxwing

I don't want to sound mean-spirited, but your 'helpful' attitude towards perceived issues in other people is unfair to the rest of us. I, for one, would certainly like to read your posts and debate with you, but I don't because your insolent tone makes reading them too unpleasant. Perhaps you're not aware of this —you're essentially the only one on this forum who has his head so firmly up his own ass— but reading patronising, self-absorbed advice hurts. Below is an example to illustrate my point; read it and see how you feel.

"I just love correcting people (:D) and helping someone out by so doing would be wonderful for me."

See? Isn't that painful to read and profoundly obnoxious? I can help you write better again if you'd like: In my days on intpforum, I almost fully corrected the bad habits of an overly enthusiastic noob for whom tact was only a second language, so working with you will be much, much easier. As for what I'd do, I'd quote your post, correct it in a sardonic manner, show you exactly what you've done wrong, explain the principle(s) behind the error, and show you how it feels to receive what you dish out. :)

And note that I'm not trying to insult you. I genuinely want to hear what you have to say, but the 'obliviousness in your earnestness' makes that too difficult. Also, I just love correcting people (;)) and helping someone out by so doing would be wonderful for me.

Also, Chad's posts are not impossible or difficult to read to the point where the context is lost.

If you cannot read Chad's posts and extract any context of what he is saying, then quite frankly it is you who needs to brush up on your English, not Chad.

What he said.

And Fukyo. And Absurdity. And that Kuu fella that keeps pointing this issue out...

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
No. I question your processing ability.

I quit my job today, Chad. I always quit my jobs, Chad. I'm always starting new jobs, Chad. It's relevant to this thread so I posted it, Chad.

I do not have you confused with anybody else, Chad Salloway.

Your post makes me question your reading abilities, even though you suggest that questioning it makes me feel better.

Well Yes this is my name but since I have never quite my Job and I haven't even had a Job for the last 3 months. Since, I been on this forum for 2 months then think it obvious that your full of BS.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
Well Yes this is my name but since I have never quite my Job and I haven't even had a Job for the last 3 months. Since, I been on this forum for 2 months then think it obvious that your full of BS.

OK Chad that's a really astute observation for a six year old. Let me tell you again: I posted the thing about quitting jobs because I had JUST quit my job.

It was relevant to the thread because the thread is about starting new jobs. I find myself starting new jobs every 2-3 weeks. It's terrible. I hate it.

OK? Got that? I'd rather not explain it again so do me a favour and read my post if you're going to quote it and reply.

Now, regarding the derailment pertaining to your illiteracy. The more you reply to my posts, the more I perceive a distinct lack in reading comprehension.

What's more, Chad, is you're NOT a bad speller. You're NOT. You rarely make spelling mistakes. These people are idiots because they don't even see the real problem in your writing; they're off-topic, and they're more interested in keeping Duxwing in line than helping you better yourself. Social harmony > intellectual exchange.

'is M.O. mig't be to make 'imself feel good about 'elping you wit' language but that doesn't change the fact that 'e'll be feeling good about 'elping you. WTF is wrong with that again?

@Kuu's exercise of breaking down Duxwing's post and re-writing it was actually very pleasant and appropriate. I really enjoyed it I'd imagine Duxwing did as well. At least he's willing to listen to you people that's more than can be said for Chad, who wants to be stupid and stubborn about it.

The real issue is your word choice. You often misuse homophones. You simply choose the wrong (absolutely incorrect) word for the context that you're conveying, but you would never know it via casual speech. You're revealing something to us that you obviously don't show the casual observer in real life. Following this line of thought, it could potentially cause problems for you, as your deficiency is inevitably going to be revealed to people like your employers.

You tell me I'm full of BS but I'm not. You just say that shit because it's a cool INTP thing to say. Poser.

For the record, I would have you know that although I was tempted to jump on it when you joined the forum (I was also brand new, still am, as are you), I quickly realized your sincerity - you come by it honestly, so I was willing to be part of the 99% who let it go. Now I am compelled to participate.

I'll tell you what, as long as you show no desire (at all) to improve upon something you're bad at - I think you are a foolish idiot.

@Hawkeye - I'll suggest that more than 99% of the technical mistakes I ever make (if ever) in writing are completely intentional. The language may be lacking elegance and style (compared to the top 30% here), but it certainly does not have any mistakes.

A lesson in language.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
I guess now is the time to point out that I misspelled Chad's last name, but I was going from memory. :o

EDIT: Apparently my posts are being censored on this thread now so ignore this one because it doesn't make sense.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I guess now is the time to point out that I misspelled Chad's last name, but I was going from memory. :o

EDIT: Apparently my posts are being censored on this thread now so ignore this one because it doesn't make sense.

Don't worry about it, it is commonly misspelled because its an uncommon name. I am assuming you are form INTPc mostly because I haven't posted my full name on this site yet. (as far as I can remember) Anyway you only misspelled it by one latter so I wouldn't worry too much it's normally spelled Solloway.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I thought your signature gave it away to be honest :rolleyes:

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I thought your signature gave it away to be honest :rolleyes:

Oh wow Ya, I wasn't even thinking of that.

It's really weird how I can miss simple things sometimes.

Thanks for pointing out my idiot moment. :rolleyes:

I would blame in on being blind but I don't even have the accuse anymore because of my new glasses.

It's good to laugh at myself sometimes.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
Sorry I'm late to reply (my phone died and my parents turn off my internet at 20:00) but don't you people understand jokes? That sentence had a grin smilie in the middle of it: I was trying to Cross the Line Twice! But no, Poe's Law just had to get in the way. Oi...

...And then you tell me to lighten up! :storks: I guess that my brand of humor just isn't appreciated around here.

@Kuu
@Fukyo

This is exactly the situation that I was trying to avoid. I made the joke precisely because I'm aware of the quirks of my style and am trying to mitigate them, but you were so convinced of my thickness, or, barring that, utter recalcitrance, that you thought me quite serious. Don't you think that I read the dressing-downs that you give me? Don't you think that I understand what you mean, worry about how I come off, or dread reading your posts, be they in reply to mine or to others?

But thanks for the misguided breakdown of my post, I guess?

Good grief,
-Duxwing

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:11 AM
-->
So I guess that makes the Dwight Schrute-esque response to my post the most artful piece of trolling in history?

Yeah, right.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
So I guess that makes the Dwight Schrute-esque response to my post the most artful piece of trolling in history?

Yeah, right.

Oh I was quite serious about helping him, just not about being a jerk about it.

-Duxwing

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Sorry I'm late to reply (my phone died and my parents turn off my internet at 20:00) but don't you people understand jokes? That sentence had a grin smilie in the middle of it: I was trying to Cross the Line Twice! But no, Poe's Law just had to get in the way. Oi...

...And then you tell me to lighten up! :storks: I guess that my brand of humor just isn't appreciated around here.

@Kuu
@Fukyo

This is exactly the situation that I was trying to avoid. I made the joke precisely because I'm aware of the quirks of my style and am trying to mitigate them, but you were so convinced of my thickness, or, barring that, utter recalcitrance, that you thought me quite serious. Don't you think that I read the dressing-downs that you give me? Don't you think that I understand what you mean, worry about how I come off, or dread reading your posts, be they in reply to mine or to others?

But thanks for the misguided breakdown of my post, I guess?

Good grief,
-Duxwing

le sigh

Well fine. I won't reprimand you anymore (I wasn't doing it as a mod btw) Though, you did ask me about how you came across as a know-it-all. Thought this would be a good example. Your joke was lost on me, and apparently a few others. :kodama1:

and @Montresor your post was caught by the spam filter, that happens sometimes. Also, I wasn't trying to detract from Chad's bad usage of english, I have my own objections to how others post. ;p

Duxwing

Local time
-->
le sigh

Well fine. I won't reprimand you anymore (I wasn't doing it as a mod btw) Though, you did ask me about how you came across as a know-it-all. Thought this would be a good example. Your joke was lost on me, and apparently a few others. :kodama1:

Though the example itself wasn't good, it gave me a bit of insight into how I'm perceived, and for that, thanks! :) It and Kuu's post let me see how I can avoid patronizing while telling someone that I can help them with something. What I learned is hard to put into words, but I can see 'cracks' in my visualization of my post. They're big, green, and slope down and to the left, and I know how to avoid them now. Again, many thanks! :)

-Duxwing

Top Bottom