• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

New Job!

Red myst

Abstract Utilitiarian
Local time
Yesterday 8:41 PM
-->
Congratulations to INTP forum member whom is also my son, Cooperbrown504 , in his new job as an IT professional for a major corporation. This is not only significant as a new job, but it is his first step into a new career path that will be fulfilling and a lot more like fun than a chore for an introverted thinking type.

Anktark

of the swarm
Local time
Today 4:41 AM
-->
I think you used "whom" incorrectly.

Hopefully it goes well for Cooperbrown504.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 11:41 AM
-->
:eek: That means you are like an old... no wait young... or still good looking grandpa.

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 6:41 PM
-->
I'm intrinsically luminous, mortals. I'm 4ever
*pinches coopy's cheek* :D

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 9:41 AM
-->
Congrats!

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 6:41 PM
-->
Congrats. I hear some companies will pay for IT certifications, definitely would be worth taking advantage of.

deadpixel

Local time
Today 2:41 AM
-->
Thanks, I'm very excited, cant wait to start on Wednesday!

deadpixel

Local time
-->
:eek: That means you are like an old... no wait young... or still good looking grandpa.
Hes like a fine wine, only gets better with age.

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
Today 4:41 AM
-->
Congrats to him! dose he need another INTP to do inquisitive work with him, or press buttons all day long :D

deadpixel

Local time
-->
Really loving the new job, Friday was the end of my 3rd week. Consists of supporting and maintaining large network infrastructures and providing end-user and general IT support for Shell through HP enterprises, which is who shell has a contract with for the majority of their IT department, so I work for HP and Shell/Motiva at a large chemical and refinery plant that is over 3 square miles. I've been wanting to get into IT for a while and this is my first job in the IT field, a great company to start out with for me in particular, on sight support might not be everyone's cup of tea but its perfect for me as someone who has never had any experience other than me having a general interest in computers. Happened to meet the right people at the right time in the right place who really appreciated my enthusiasm for wanting to learn and be a valuable asset. Its an extremely J environment 100% of the way, there is no room for any P like qualities. A lot of protocol and administrative work also which im not used to but loving every minute of it at the same time, a lot to learn. The opportunities are endless here as far as I can tell, its all about how much you are willing to learn and how far you are willing to go. A company that will take care of you if you take care of them.

image.117989180.jpeg

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 7:41 PM
-->
Really loving the new job ...

Sounds great, congratulations! Pure IT would be a good choice for an INTP as it's technical problem solving of (usually) large complex systems. Play time! My favorite job has been being a technical leader ("Architect") for engineering large, complex systems.

Best piece of advice I can give; don't get lulled into complacency. What will happen is that you will naturally mold yourself to the job. Eventually you might become restless, or get laid off, or something and find yourself too wedded to the particulars of that workplace. Always keep it in your mind to maintain a bit of distance, and always keep your resume and work skills you don't happen to use at that job current.

Otherwise, have fun!

deadpixel

Local time
-->
Sounds great, congratulations! Pure IT would be a good choice for an INTP as it's technical problem solving of (usually) large complex systems. Play time! My favorite job has been being a technical leader ("Architect") for engineering large, complex systems.

Best piece of advice I can give; don't get lulled into complacency. What will happen is that you will naturally mold yourself to the job. Eventually you might become restless, or get laid off, or something and find yourself too wedded to the particulars of that workplace. Always keep it in your mind to maintain a bit of distance, and always keep your resume and work skills you don't happen to use at that job current.

Otherwise, have fun!

Yes you are completely right, I could see that happening with anyone working here, getting so completely lost in the job that they forget what it is that brought them there in the first place. Other than that, remember to keep it fun and exciting and everything should be fine.

Top Bottom