• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

nootropics

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 4:37 AM
-->
I have bought adrafinil, NALT, DMAE and choline.
As you may know these are soft nootropics, but I can't buy anything else legally in Poland.

Do you have any experiences with theese?
What nootropics have you used and which do you recommend?

I will write my experiences in some time.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 5:37 AM
-->
I used DMAE. It tended to decrease my brainfog slightly, but that's all I noticed

Used aniracetam for a while, which made my thoughts feel more collected, and it felt like I could reach fore more thoughts. But after a while it gave me a slight buzzing sensation in the middle of my head, so I figured it might not be safe and stopped. Really nice feel of togetherness in brain tho. I wish I always felt like that

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 6:37 PM
-->
This reminds me. I've been wanting to try Mebicar for anxiety. There's just no information about it anywhere and it's kind of expensive. Says it's non-habit forming though. Guess I'll just try it.

Mirrorr

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I have tried alpha gpc choline, didn't notice anyhing spectacular. Maybe being able to sustain attention for a longer period than before.

baccheion

Local time
Today 12:37 AM
-->

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
I tried mebicar. Seemed to make me calmer, but that could be placebo. Aniracetam seemed to have a similar effect to taking ginseng, but it made me tired halfway through the day. Alpha-gpc made me really horny, but I don't think that's what it was for...

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Yesterday 10:37 PM
-->
I've used piracetam and aniracetam before, both in conjunction with either alpha gpc or choline bitartrate. Alpha gpc was always touted as the best choline source but I didn't notice a difference so I stuck with the more affordable bitartrate.

I first tried piracetam 2g a day, split into two 1g doses. My second go with it I was taking 4g a day. I did seem to be a bit more active but the most noticeable effect was on my sense of hearing.

Aniracetam didn't seem to do much for me but then again I didn't take it as consistently as piracetam. Even though it requires a lower dose than piracetam, gram for gram it's more expensive with just about every seller I've seen.

I don't currently take them, I'm on an ssri and I don't know if they'd have adverse effects on each other.

Adrafinil was more bang for my buck than the two above. Only problems were headaches later in the day and it's probably hepatoxic. I was advised against long term daily use and alcohol consumption with adrafinil.

baccheion

Local time
-->
I've used piracetam and aniracetam before, both in conjunction with either alpha gpc or choline bitartrate. Alpha gpc was always touted as the best choline source but I didn't notice a difference so I stuck with the more affordable bitartrate.

I first tried piracetam 2g a day, split into two 1g doses. My second go with it I was taking 4g a day. I did seem to be a bit more active but the most noticeable effect was on my sense of hearing.

Aniracetam didn't seem to do much for me but then again I didn't take it as consistently as piracetam. Even though it requires a lower dose than piracetam, gram for gram it's more expensive with just about every seller I've seen.

I don't currently take them, I'm on an ssri and I don't know if they'd have adverse effects on each other.

Adrafinil was more bang for my buck than the two above. Only problems were headaches later in the day and it's probably hepatoxic. I was advised against long term daily use and alcohol consumption with adrafinil.

You should look into N-Acetyl Semax Amidate. It's much better than piracetam, etc. There's also PhenylPiracetam Hydrazide (more stimulating).

Socra Maat

Local time
Yesterday 11:37 PM
-->
I've tried many, in various manners, but here's a simple story.

Took 400mg Piracetam, low dose of Inositol hexanicotinate(aka flush free niacin), and a 4oz sip of good coffee.
Hit the spot! Strangely unexpected, but my First-Person shooter skills shot off the charts. I was suddenly moving fluidly and purposely, stalking the map. I was thinking like a bonafide predator.
I was typically a middling player, with an occasional lucky top 3, but now I was atleast top 2 every time.

Everytime I tried that combo, the sudden ease of game-play was always significant. I just "knew" what to do tactically, it was second nature. Blew my mind.
Would love to try that combo with LoL. I used Relentless Improvement piracetam btw.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Anyone tried NAD+? I've been curious about it for awhile, but also a little skeptical. Some people swear it gives them more energy. But it seems to be best for older people that have lower NAD levels.

Graznel

Local time
Today 6:37 AM
-->
DMAE- it killed me. I felt like I was on a high dose of caffeine for 2 weeks, day and night. I gave all the powder to a collegue and it worked wonderful for her.
NALT- made me feel good but in an unnatural way and impaired my higher order thinking.
Acetyl-L-Carnitinte- in the beginning I didn't feel anything, but after a few days my attention span was reduced and I got hiperactivity.
L-theanine - it calmed me the first time I used it (maybe placebo) and was the only supplement that made me feel better overall. I got a tolerance pretty fast and I could take kilograms of it without any effect. Pauses didn't help.
Creatine- didn't feel any effect at the gym or mentally, but it didn't give me side effects either so I've been taking it for almost a year. The research says it works and I believe the research.
Fish oils- no noticeable effect. After I finish this bottle I will buy some more DHA-rich stuff.
about 80 grams of dark chocolate every week-nothing dramatic in the short term (as expected)
vitamin B high dosages- I only got 2 colds this year, both of them after a few consecutive days on vit. B
Ginko Biloba- for about 4 months. I stopped taking it because I reached the conclussion that it's useless.
Curcumin-for about 4 months. I think it was useless.
MCT oils and coconut oil- made me feel hot when I enterd keto. I avoid taking it because it makes me wanna throw up.
I have in mind to try vinpocetine, sulbutiamine, nicotine in this order. I have been unlucky with nootropics up to this point. Is there anything else that I should try?

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Ok. I'm giving supplements second chance. I started today. Will report after 3 months.
L-tyrosine 1140 mg + Taurine 60mg
Ginko Bilboa 60 mg
D3 100 µg + K2 100 µg
Omega 3 - EPA 660 mg and DHA 440 mg
Magnesium citrate 100 mg
B-complex big dosage
Evening Primrose Oil 1300 mg
Probiotic Vivomixx 10 x 109 CFU (8 stains) - I'll buy higher dosage next time

I was taking already d3+k2, some probiotics, magnesium and omega 3. two weeks without them was a bad time.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
L-Theanine and caffeine for me. Taking caffeine with L-Theanine is definitely a different experience for me than caffeine by itself. Just the caffeine makes you hyperactive and not necessarily that focused. Throw in the L-theanine and boom, you get yourself in the zone.

I also use nicotine – but that's more of an anti-nootropic. It makes you drowsy and useless.

baccheion

Local time
-->
Ok. I'm giving supplements second chance. I started today. Will report after 3 months.
L-tyrosine 1140 mg + Taurine 60mg
Ginko Bilboa 60 mg
D3 100 µg + K2 100 µg
Omega 3 - EPA 660 mg and DHA 440 mg
Magnesium citrate 100 mg
B-complex big dosage
Evening Primrose Oil 1300 mg
Probiotic Vivomixx 10 x 109 CFU (8 stains) - I'll buy higher dosage next time

I was taking already d3+k2, some probiotics, magnesium and omega 3. two weeks without them was a bad time.
These choices seem arbitrary.

- Vitamin K2 MK-4 is generally better than K1 and K2 MK-7. At 1,000 mcg+, MK-4 also reduces dental plaque/tartar.

- When taking a D + K supplement, (chelated) magnesium is also recommended. You have magnesium listed, but it's not chelated and there isn't enough.

- With omega-3s, it's better if DHA is greater than EPA (4:1). DHA 500 can be used, as the body will convert to EPA as necessary.

- Why not just add a good multivitamin rather than a b-complex, etc? On the other hand, AOR Advanced B-Complex is one of the best I've seen. I also like their multivitamin, AOR Ortho-Core. If AOR Ortho-Core is too expensive, there's Life Extension Two-per-day (1 capsule).

- Life Extension D and K is a good D + K supplement

- Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium and Doctor's Best DHA 500 for magnesium and DHA.

- Adding krill oil may not be a bad idea, as it affects many many more genes than does regular fish oil. Doctor's Best Real Krill is one product.

L-Theanine and caffeine for me. Taking caffeine with L-Theanine is definitely a different experience for me than caffeine by itself. Just the caffeine makes you hyperactive and not necessarily that focused. Throw in the L-theanine and boom, you get yourself in the zone.

I also use nicotine – but that's more of an anti-nootropic. It makes you drowsy and useless.
You may then like acetyl L-carnitine (+ alpha-GPC).

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
@baccheion
probs it'd be good to take k2 in both forms.
magnesium citrate is one form of chelated magnesium, no? (i'm taking OTC drug)
my omega3 has krill oil. i eat fat sea fish 3-4 times a week + i'm high on nuts.

i vomit multivitamin 10 minutes after swallowing it. No matter if it's been with food or without. No matter the brand and price tag.
i was skeptic about buying b-coplex since it's in most food, but i'm on slow carbs now (eliminated lots of grains) and chance is it can help with being pretty for longer.

Graznel

Local time
Today 6:37 AM
-->
Why not eating 1-3 kiwis or a few cucumbers a day for vitamin K ? Acceptably cheap and quite bioavailable as far as I know.

baccheion

Local time
-->
@baccheion
probs it'd be good to take k2 in both forms.
magnesium citrate is one form of chelated magnesium, no? (i'm taking OTC drug)
my omega3 has krill oil. i eat fat sea fish 3-4 times a week + i'm high on nuts.

i vomit multivitamin 10 minutes after swallowing it. No matter if it's been with food or without. No matter the brand and price tag.
i was skeptic about buying b-coplex since it's in most food, but i'm on slow carbs now (eliminated lots of grains) and chance is it can help with being pretty for longer.
Yea, Life Extension D + K has all 3 forms (K1, K2 MK-4, and K2 MK-7). I mention K2 MK-4 as that has the most all around benefits.

TRAACS (from Albion) is one of the only fully-reacted chelates that exist. When taking PUFAs (DHA and EPA, for example), it's good to add vitamin E (2 IU/g + RDA) and iodine (1,000 mcg/g). Vitamin E helps minimize the impact of any oxidation that occurs (fatty acids are very prone to oxidation) and iodine stabilizes the structure by binding with double bonds.

Why not eating 1-3 kiwis or a few cucumbers a day for vitamin K ? Acceptably cheap and quite bioavailable as far as I know.
Because they aren't likely to provide enough or be cost effective. Vitamin K2 primarily comes from fat (grass-fed butter, for example) and K1 from greens.

baccheion

Local time
-->
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1934/2
According to this one medium kiwi has 38% DV of vit. K plus lots of vit. C and other stuff. The pills aren't very cheap either.
What form of vitamin K? I'm guessing K1. 30.6 mcg vitamin K1 is extremely cheap. It's great to have a good/balanced/nutrient-dense diet. It's even better to also supplement with appropriate forms to ensure nutrient sufficiency and for therapeutic effects. The RDA for vitamin K1 is 75-80 mcg. Life Extension D + K provides 1000 mcg K1, 1000 mcg K2 MK-4, and 100 mcg K2 MK-7. At 1000 mcg+, K2 MK-4 keeps teeth free of tartar/plaque.

baccheion

Local time
-->

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Gonna try it out. Bought it today. It's expensive shit though – $50 for 30 pills.
What? Which product did you buy?

Acetyl L-carnitine: http://nootropicsdepot.com/acetyl-l-carnitine-hcl-500mg-capsules-alcar/

Alpha-GPC:
Dunno, went into a supplement store. I guess that's not the best way to get cheap products. But it's some sort of mix of Actetyl L-carnitine and something called Alpha Lipoic Acid. Producer is Holland & Barrett.

baccheion

Local time
-->
Gonna try it out. Bought it today. It's expensive shit though – $50 for 30 pills.

Acetyl L-carnitine: http://nootropicsdepot.com/acetyl-l-carnitine-hcl-500mg-capsules-alcar/

Alpha-GPC:
Dunno, went into a supplement store. I guess that's not the best way to get cheap products. But it's some sort of mix of Actetyl L-carnitine and something called Alpha Lipoic Acid. Producer is Holland & Barrett.
Did you open it yet? Can you return it? By the way, acetyl L-carnitine is best taken in the AM on an empty stomach 5 days on + 2 days off.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Alpha-GPC:
Did you open it yet? Can you return it?
It's opened, I've already eaten one of them :D

Not a big deal though, gonna do a better job at assessing the market next time

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 10:37 PM
-->
nootropics I plan on taking:

Magnesium
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
B-complex
Omega-3

baccheion

Local time
-->
nootropics I plan on taking:

Magnesium
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
B-complex
Omega-3
Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium, Life Extension D + K, A.C. Grace Unique E (unsure), AOR Advanced B-Complex, and Doctor's Best Real Krill + Doctor's Best DHA 500.

Why just vitamin E and a b-complex? Why not just add a multivitamin like AOR Ortho-Core (or Life Extension Two-per-day if too expensive)? There's also Thorne 2/day and Life Extension Mix + Once-Daily Health Booster.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
Phenibut is still the best thing that I tried. No side effects for me and resolves much of my personal weaknesses.
I also want to try now prl-8-53. They say it boosts motivation and kills procrastination.
The only disadvantage is both of these you can take only 1-3 times per week...

baccheion

Local time
-->
Phenibut is still the best thing that I tried. No side effects for me and resolves much of my personal weaknesses.
I also want to try now prl-8-53. They say it boosts motivation and kills procrastination.
The only disadvantage is both of these you can take only 1-3 times per week...
PRL-8-53 mainly enhances memory. It combines well with N-acetyl semax and coluracetam. They each also slow tolerance to one of the others.

SEMAX + selank + alpha-GPC is a good motivation stack, as is selegiline (1-2 mg sublingually) + memantine (5 mg) and anything else that increases dopamine (at D1/D5) in the nucleus accumbens shell.

baccheion

Local time
-->

Alpha-GPC:

How has the combo affected you?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Alpha-GPC:

Well, I can definitely say that compared to myself a month ago, my focus has greatly improved. Have better energy level physically as well. But – it should be said that I've done two other things as well: 1) I've been on vacation for 2 weeks, and 2) I've cut the nicotine. But maybe I was able to cut the nicotine more easily because I've taken this stuff? Who knows. I've also noticed I have developed a significant aversion to sugary foods now. Like, the other day I couldn't even finish an ice cream.

baccheion

Local time
-->

Alpha-GPC:

Well, I can definitely say that compared to myself a month ago, my focus has greatly improved. Have better energy level physically as well. But – it should be said that I've done two other things as well: 1) I've been on vacation for 2 weeks, and 2) I've cut the nicotine. But maybe I was able to cut the nicotine more easily because I've taken this stuff? Who knows. I've also noticed I have developed a significant aversion to sugary foods now. Like, the other day I couldn't even finish an ice cream.
Interesting. I think you'll end up liking the other nootropics and multivitamins I mentioned. When do you take the supplement (AM or PM?), do you take it with or without food, and do you follow a 5 days on + 2 days off cycle?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Alpha-GPC:

Interesting. I think you'll end up liking the other nootropics and multivitamins I mentioned. When do you take the supplement (AM or PM?), do you take it with or without food, and do you follow a 5 days on + 2 days off cycle?
Usually take it after lunch, so I guess that would be with food and PM. And I do it 7/7 days. Hadn't noticed what you wrote before about how to take them.

Btw where you do get the selank/semax stuff?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Coffee is good. Did you know ~90% of schizophrenics are smokers?

What do people think of energy drinks here? There is this one energy drink I really like. It's called Full Throttle Orange.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

What do people think of energy drinks here? There is this one energy drink I really like. It's called Full Throttle Orange.
Does nicotine alleviate the symptoms? I've heard it does so for ADHD.

I drink energy drinks every day :eek:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

There are actually nicotine receptors in the brain. Schizophrenics seem to have more receptors in their brain for nicotine than people that don't have Schizophrenia. I happen to have a form of Schizophrenia and I have noticed that I just feel a lot calmer during having a smoke. Really unhealthy way to go about treating symptoms, but I'm pretty damn addicted at this point.

Self-medicating is a pretty big problem. Unfortunately, most of the drugs some people have access to/are easier for them to get are narcotics and other street drugs.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

There are actually nicotine receptors in the brain. Schizophrenics seem to have more receptors in their brain for nicotine than people that don't have Schizophrenia. I happen to have a form of Schizophrenia and I have noticed that I just feel a lot calmer during having a smoke. Really unhealthy way to go about treating symptoms, but I'm pretty damn addicted at this point.

Self-medicating is a pretty big problem. Unfortunately, most of the drugs some people have access to/are easier for them to get are narcotics and other street drugs.
For nicotine I'd recommend "snus" from the Nordics. Virtually no increased chance of cancer. I use tobacco-free snus.

I have colleagues who have this stuff under their lip 100% of their waking hours, getting a constant stream of nicotine throughout the day.

Local time
Today 3:37 PM
-->
I had the monster energy drink crap today and I feel invincible.

But usually what caffeine does to me is that is makes me really hungry after a while. Like right now I'm really really hungry.

I think I have a pretty good ability to focus and stick to doing something though. But after the whole experience I feel like crap.

I think maybe I'm just a little on the autistic side of things.

I tried "neurohacking" a few years ago but I realized I was spending more time thinking about augmenting my brain than actually getting better at getting shit done. Same reason I don't gym too much. I don't want to turn into a fitness junkie, who thinks about getting fit and getting guns and improving their time all the time. I have wayy more important shit to do. (albeit something I'm procrastinating from at the moment which would explain my presence on the forum)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

For nicotine I'd recommend "snus" from the Nordics. Virtually no increased chance of cancer. I use tobacco-free snus.

I have colleagues who have this stuff under their lip 100% of their waking hours, getting a constant stream of nicotine throughout the day.

At this moment I am wondering what is worse between having to have surgery to take off half my face and suffocating to death.

baccheion

Local time
-->
Usually take it after lunch, so I guess that would be with food and PM. And I do it 7/7 days. Hadn't noticed what you wrote before about how to take them.

Btw where you do get the selank/semax stuff?
As you're apparently in Sweden, I'm not sure. I'd normally recommend Ceretropic, but they closed recently. There's also https://nootropicsource.com, but I'm unfamiliar with them. I'm not sure if there'd be legality issues in your country.

videeeno

Redshirt
Local time
-->
My personal experience is that I tried a lot of nootropics, almost all of them. But if you are healthy, you should use any of synthetic nootropics, you could get in bad health condition. Instead of that, try nootropics stacks made from natural sources. Of course, you must do your analysis and read reviews. Healthy individuals shouldn't use any synthetics nootropics, you can talk with your medical practitioner about this. Just read some alpha brain review and thinking to get one. It's almost half positive and half negative reviews about it, but of course, I need to trie by myself.

Top Bottom