• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Official mbti online?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Yesterday 10:14 PM
-->
INFP

1 Extraversion, 20 Introversion
7 Sensing, 19 Intuition
12 Thinking, 12 Feeling
9 Judging and 13 Perceiving

O.O! liieeeezzzz!

I found the test extremely basic. I could tell what each questioning was trying to distinguish between. It even used the exact same words multiple times, such as "scheduled" and "spontaneous". Mmm, we really need a test that uses a function based approach.

*goes to A.I.'s MBTI thread* ^_^

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:14 PM
-->
INTP

7 Extraversion, 14 Introversion
4 Sensing, 22 Intuition
15 Thinking, 9 Feeling
5 Judging and 17 Perceiving

*edit
This time was more honest. :D

INTP

7 Extraversion, 14 Introversion
7 Sensing, 19 Intuition
20 Thinking, 4 Feeling
4 Judging and 18 Perceiving

I can't trust any of these results though! Because [long story]. Dammit. :(

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 6:14 PM
-->
2 Extraversion 18 Introversion
0 Sensing 26 Intuition
17 Thinking 7 Feeling
2 Judging 20 Perceiving

...results exaggerated by illness.

I thought I chose lots of feeling answers as my preference and ideal... because right now I am looking for such qualities, esp. compassion, in others...

*shrugs*

IfloatTHRUlife

Local time
Today 1:14 AM
-->
0 extroversion 22 introversion
0 sensing 26 intuition
24 thinking 0 feeling
5 judging 19 perceiving

I don't really think the results are accurate just because of how one sided it is.. i know im a thoroughbred INTP but o well *shrug* was funny it didnt even say 0 for extroversion, i just assume its 0 because there was a ) there :P

On second thought, this test is absolutely accurate.. and i am the supreme INTP ruler of the universe... now bow before me my minions.. and bring me a sandwich.. or whatevers in the fridge...

>.< please?

*sigh*

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Yesterday 10:14 PM
-->
I thought I chose lots of feeling answers as my preference and ideal... because right now I am looking for such qualities, esp. compassion, in others...

*hugs lor* ...what's wrong...?

Sapphire Harp

Local time
Yesterday 11:14 PM
-->
I'm not quite sure how they can do this without getting sued... but this site claims to be the "identical to the official and current MBTI"http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-official-myersbriggs-personality-test

^^maybe not too many here are worrying about this anymore, but it still might be good for lurkers and whenever the forum reopens
Well, it's like file-sharing, isn't it? It flies until someone concerned notices it... then it gets cut down in a hurry...

Although, I do have to ask... where does one go to get "The Official MBTI Test"? Who controls those rights?

Cegorach

Local time
Yesterday 11:14 PM
-->
0 Extraversion/21 Introversion

According to this I'm an INTJ, which I personally believe is incorrect.

I believe in structure being superior to chaos.
Chaotic environments or minds are only sustainable given that they are governed by, or influenced through logical regulations that are adaptable and sustainable.
Every aspect of Judging that I may have was more likely incorporated because of it's logical consistency as the most efficient behavior.

My Introversion score is likely skewed due to a social anxiety disorder and Intuition and Thinking are only so high because I will always prefer ingenuity and logic to practicality and values, despite considering practicality and values necessities to optimal functioning.

The test is... meh...
I don't really care what I get on them any more.

Don't be sad Love... (<--- Insert sad smiley here.)
If Auburn wasn't already hugging you, I would too. I'd just rather not smother you. :D

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 6:14 PM
-->
Haha... sad? Me, sad?

Yay internet hugs!

I seem to remember taking this test somewhere before... if it is the 'official' test, then this isn't the first place it's been uploaded.

Wait... if we summon Decaf he can tell us if it's the real thing.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
You scored 0 on Extraversion, higher than 11% of your peers.
You scored 21 on Introversion, higher than 92% of your peers.
You scored 1 on Sensing, higher than 11% of your peers.
You scored 25 on Intuition, higher than 85% of your peers.
You scored 22 on Thinking, higher than 91% of your peers.
You scored 2 on Feeling, higher than 4% of your peers.
You scored 0 on Judging, higher than 7% of your peers.
You scored 22 on Perceiving, higher than 96% of your peers.

Okay, can someone explain how 0 on E and 0 on J is HIGHER than 11% and 7% respectively of my peers? Anyone so Introverted they scored a zero?

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
You scored 0 on Extraversion, higher than 11% of your peers.
You scored 21 on Introversion, higher than 93% of your peers.
You scored 1 on Sensing, higher than 11% of your peers.
You scored 25 on Intuition, higher than 85% of your peers.
You scored 24 on Thinking, higher than 98% of your peers.
You scored 0 on Feeling, higher than 4% of your peers.
You scored 5 on Judging, higher than 30% of your peers.
You scored 17 on Perceiving, higher than 67% of your peers.

i'm pretty sure i took this on a different website at some point, too. seems a lot of websites cannibalize the same tests. i find most of the online ones to be incredibly repetitive and 'black and white'.

that MBTI website someone posted had some interesting stuff on it. i especially liked the studies about the correlations between type and argumentativeness and the correlations between type and political views (they almost seem worth a thread of their own). edit- the brain one was very interesting too (iNtuitives have higher brain activity in a low stimulation environment then Sensors)

Last edited by a moderator:

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
Today 5:14 AM
-->
  • You scored 0 on Extraversion, higher than 11% of your peers.
  • You scored 21 on Introversion, higher than 93% of your peers.
  • You scored 0 on Sensing, higher than 11% of your peers.
  • You scored 26 on Intuition, higher than 93% of your peers.
  • You scored 14 on Thinking, higher than 59% of your peers.
  • You scored 10 on Feeling, higher than 38% of your peers.
  • You scored 1 on Judging, higher than 7% of your peers.
  • You scored 21 on Perceiving, higher than 91% of your peers.

Seems about right to me - pretty much what I tend to get consistently these days. It's fascinating that despite being outgoing in my manner, I am very introverted which I believe has little to do with behaviour - basically it's all going on inside me and I need tons of time on my own but I do really enjoy being around people I like and am lucky to have lots of those kinds of people in my life.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 6:14 AM
-->
1 Extraversion,
20 Introversion
0 Sensing
26 Intuition
12 Thinking
12 Feeling
15 Judging
5 Perceiving

INFJ

Local time
Today 1:14 PM
-->
The land where a merlion is the country's official
Erm there's something weird about this test. Some questions were giveaway obvious, but it gives a different perspective on how it views the P-J preference. For some reason I was fearing scoring an INTJ because I felt that a lot of questions were suspiciously P-J in nature, but it's interesting that they were hardly ever asked in other MBTI tests.

And as like all the other MBTI tests, I take the results with a pinch of salt... the results always are usually determined by the kind of questions they ask.

Sometimes I do feel very J than P, but... oh god, I don't know. I know that I always get bored of a topic once I've explored it, but I also enjoy devising plans and strategies and seeing them implement itself (although I don't necessarily WANT to be the implementer)

Compared to other takers

* 36/100 You scored 5 on Extraversion, higher than 36% of your peers.
* 61/100 You scored 16 on Introversion, higher than 61% of your peers.
* 46/100 You scored 6 on Sensing, higher than 46% of your peers.
* 51/100 You scored 20 on Intuition, higher than 51% of your peers.
* 91/100 You scored 22 on Thinking, higher than 91% of your peers.
* 4/100 You scored 2 on Feeling, higher than 4% of your peers.
* 68/100 You scored 12 on Judging, higher than 68% of your peers.
* 30/100 You scored 10 on Perceiving, higher than 30% of your peers.

Local time
Today 1:14 PM
-->
The land where a merlion is the country's official
Okay, can someone explain how 0 on E and 0 on J is HIGHER than 11% and 7% respectively of my peers? Anyone so Introverted they scored a zero?

That's very odd... the math is wrong. You're already the lowest if you scored a zero. They would have to be scoring in the negatives for you to be scoring "higher" than them. Their inverse results you scored should not affect it either because they're obtained from two completely different scales.

I think your results are that way because you are the Xth person to score 0 on Extraversion/Judging?

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah... I've no idea what's up with those percetages, unless it's a buffer. For instance, the 21 on introversion (supposedly the highest) is also a 93ish%. It could be wrong on purpose, as some form of error accounting... but I really don't know enough about statistics to tell.

AI: thanks for those links. It's refreshing to see actual, formal studies on MBTI, since so much of it's just hearsay from sources online. I haven't read the brain one yet, but I'd believe it. The one on argumentativeness made me laugh, and the political views one was interesting.

Weliddryn

Far too curious...
Local time
-->
  • You scored 0 on Extraversion, higher than 11% of your peers.
  • 93/100 You scored 21 on Introversion, higher than 93% of your peers.
  • 52/100 You scored 7 on Sensing, higher than 52% of your peers.
  • 45/100 You scored 19 on Intuition, higher than 45% of your peers.
  • 76/100 You scored 18 on Thinking, higher than 76% of your peers.
  • 22/100 You scored 6 on Feeling, higher than 22% of your peers.
  • 53/100 You scored 9 on Judging, higher than 53% of your peers.
  • 44/100 You scored 13 on Perceiving, higher than 44% of your peers.

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->
I hate the questions. All these tests seem to be superficial judgements based on stereotypes surrounding the S/N, E/I, T/F and P/J divides, such that responses become circumstantial. I would much rather (and would hope that the 'real' test include) have a test with situational questions that were designed to judge my preference for cognitive functions.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
If this is truly the official test, then I'm disappointed. I felt like I was answering the same questions over and over. There was even one where you choose between the words 'thinking' and 'feeling'. Gee, I wonder which functions those correlate with? I'd appreciate a test where I'm not able to identify which functions are represented in less than two seconds.

I am looking forward to reading the links AI posted though.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I was thinking... why are you so upset that it's "obvious" which letter each question would push you towards? If you've read the theory, shouldn't it be? That just means that their aim was to make each question as unambiguous as possible. I doubt they design these tests (internet ones included) trying to "trick" people into not answering in accordance with the type they already think they are. If a question's answer isn't "Sensing, at its core," why should it add to your Sensing score? Likewise for intuition? It just doesn't make sense to be upset that you could guess which end each question was asking about.

^^I do agree with the "disappointed, if it's the real thing" though. It did seem rather short, and the questions did seem repetitive. That makes me actually think it was the real thing, though, because I had a friend who just took the real thing a week ago, and he said the same. He said it was "kinda crappy, for something you'd have to pay for (though he got it for free, from a friend whose job it was to administer it to people at work), and some of the questions were just one-word answers"--which sounds like this one. I do think it's probably got its problems, but I don't think the clearly-defined answers is one of them.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
Surely it's only 'obvious' if you know something about MBTI already - the first time you do it, if you've never heard of MBTI then you wouldn't be 'tainted' with prior knowledge.

If you want a truly complicated test then do this one I saw on Personality Cafe - I came out as ESFJ!!! Obviously crap but I think it's because I answered a lot of questions with the middle range 'somewhat me' so I would suggest that you try doing it and avoid that option.

Edit: I just did it again and got the same result - as this is an experimental test page I would suggest it's not very good!

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 6:14 AM
-->
Surely it's only 'obvious' if you know something about MBTI already - the first time you do it, if you've never heard of MBTI then you wouldn't be 'tainted' with prior knowledge.

If you want a truly complicated test then do this one I saw on Personality Cafe - I came out as ESFJ!!! Obviously crap but I think it's because I answered a lot of questions with the middle range 'somewhat me' so I would suggest that you try doing it and avoid that option.

It says I'm either ESTJ or ESTP...

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
It says I'm either ESTJ or ESTP...

lol well it's obvious then one has to take the opposite - you are either INFP or INFJ and I am convinced you are INFJ anyway. ;)

(off topic - you didn't respond to pm question if it was your drawing or downloaded)

Legionnaire

Local time
-->
0 Extraversion, 21 Introversion
1 Sensing, 25 Intuition
19 Thinking, 5 Feeling
2 Judging and 20 Perceiving

INTP once again.

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 7:14 AM
-->
INTP

Extraversion) Extraversion, 21 Introversion, 10 Sensing, 16 Intuition, 20 Thinking, 4 Feeling, 3 Judging and 19 Perceiving!

Uhmm...

RobertJ

Local time
Today 12:14 AM
-->
INTP

0 Extraversion, 21 Introversion
2 Sensing, 24 Intuition
19 Thinking, 4 Feeling
2 Judging and 19 Perceiving

Top Bottom