• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Online Journal.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:15 PM
-->
Okay so today I decided to start an working on an online journal today. I have never really journal before but I believe this will help me understand my mental process. I forget most of my ideas relatively soon after thinking of them. I also forget precise detail about my daily experiences over time. I am hoping that making a journal about will help me keep mental process a bit more organized.

Do any of you Journal and if so what have your experiences been?

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 1:15 PM
-->
I wrote a "more" accurate discrete fourier transform today. I wrote notes on how it works as I went.

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
-->
it's a good practice if (1) you can keep up with it, even just a little daily, and (2) you have some basic form of organization so that you not only know where the files/posts are but you know what's in them. Otherwise after you have enough of them, you'll never go back to read them again.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
it's a good practice if (1) you can keep up with it, even just a little daily, and (2) you have some basic form of organization so that you not only know where the files/posts are but you know what's in them. Otherwise after you have enough of them, you'll never go back to read them again.

Thanks for the tips.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:15 PM
-->
I journal regularly. Personally I prefer writing in a notebook, but when that hasn't been available or when I've been in situations where I might not have as much privacy, I've used a word document. Writing by hand also lets me look back on old entries and get an idea what kind of mood I was in by the quality of my handwriting: erratic and upset or neat and thoughtful.

It's been a very useful and rewarding exercise and I recommend journaling to just about everyone. It helps me structure ideas floating around in my head in addition to getting things off my mind. I can also look back at specific events and what I was thinking or feeling at the time, which surprisingly doesn't always match up perfectly with my own memory.

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
-->
I can also look back at specific events and what I was thinking or feeling at the time, which surprisingly doesn't always match up perfectly with my own memory.

It's funny how that works, isn't it?

Also odd is when there's some passage of time (a few years, perhaps?) and when I got back and read, I only partially recognize myself. There are elements in the experience that are still me, and other parts where my outlook has changed considerably.

People (hopefully) are constantly evolving in some ways.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I journal regularly. Personally I prefer writing in a notebook, but when that hasn't been available or when I've been in situations where I might not have as much privacy, I've used a word document. Writing by hand also lets me look back on old entries and get an idea what kind of mood I was in by the quality of my handwriting: erratic and upset or neat and thoughtful.

It's been a very useful and rewarding exercise and I recommend journaling to just about everyone. It helps me structure ideas floating around in my head in addition to getting things off my mind. I can also look back at specific events and what I was thinking or feeling at the time, which surprisingly doesn't always match up perfectly with my own memory.

This is my hope when I comes to journaling its not that I am extremely forgetful about the past but I know there are detail that I lose at time goes by and sometime these detail are quite important to the whole story.

So, far my journaling (1 day) has been more about my lack of emotion is a time that logically should be more emotional for me. I not heartless I do feel thing but sometimes when I should be feeling bad about something I simply feel nothing this prospects scares me a bit. This is one of my reasons for starting my journal its seem as time goes by my mind likes to fabricate emotions but I think part of this is a self lie because I don't want to admit to myself that I really am not that emotional especially when dealing with some intense emotional situation like death.

My first Journal post include how I was handling the new that my grandfather is dieing and one of good Friends form College just lost his mother who I knew semi well.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 5:15 AM
-->
Wait, why is this in post your voice? :confused: Are you planning to post your journal in audio format?

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I posted it in your voice because it fit the best given the categories I had to chose form.

Your Voice can imply to giving your opinions voice at least that is the way I took it.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 5:15 AM
-->
The post your voice subforum is intended for posting your actual voice, I moved this to lounge. :p

Top Bottom