• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Organizational capabilities of Fi and their retrospective secondary.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:14 PM
-->
This is going to be sorta half theory and half asking what other people think of this.

What brought this question into my head was being in the search for a particular sound in music that I was longing for at the time. Through this introspection, I realized I was consciously wanting to connect to a particular emotion which would be represented by the music of the song itself. This time it just happened to be the song "Your Decision by Alice in Chains".

What I realize in this is that although the path to finding the right song was unknown in that I didn't know exactly what song I wanted to listen to in particular, I realized that as I searched for a particular song on youtube to listen to, that didn't quite seem right when it started playing, I then saw "Your Decision" on the up next in youtube. Without being able to play the song in my head before hand, I knew immediately after the first note played that this song was exactly what my mind was craving at the time.

Why do I say all this? Well, I say it to demonstrate how it must be for Fi doms on a regular and probably almost constant basis. The thing that is ambiguous is not the value that they might strive for, no. That is the thing that represents itself quite vividly. What is not know exactly is where to find or where to connect with this value. I think as Fi doms get older and older they become better and better at identifying the thing that will satisfy them at that particular moment.

For Fi-Se people, I imaging it is more brought about by the real and tangible world. A smell, a color, a song. It's in the concrete world and bringing that thing into fruition that the Fi-Se finds their satisfaction.

For an Fi-Ne, I imagine it's about connecting to an idea more than a concrete thing found in the real world. It could be a exploring a new idea that only satisfies once they have fully fleshed out the feelings of the idea rather than the words attached to the theory itself. It could also be found in something like poetry - beautiful words to convey a feeling in a special way.

In short I think the Fi-Se is striving to connect an emotion from the external world while the Fi-Ne is striving to connect an idea to themselves.

Prolly pretty basic, but it was on my mind and I felt like sharing.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
It happened again. This time the song I had in the back of my mind was a bit more identifiable. At first I had no idea what I was listening to in my head. Then I figured out that it was an audioslave song. Without knowing what song it was at all, I went through all the songs one by one to see which one is was. As I started going further down the list I realized I was listening to songs I hadn't listened to in quite a while since I usually change the song/album before I get through the whole album. *goes to check the number of plays of this song/album on itunes* It appears that there is a string of about 3-4 songs on this album that have more or less the same amount of plays. The song I had to listen to was the song that was in the last of this string of songs, had about 2-3 plays less than the others, and then the next song has one less play than the most played song on the album. So what it seems happens is that I start with one song that is more or less in the middle of the album and listen through the rest of the album, but I often stop on the song that was going through my head and then sometimes start from the song after that and listen on.

jpAMwcm.png

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:14 PM
-->
Ne-Fi

Have a playlist of 318 videos.
if average 3 minutes then that is 15.9 hours.
I listen to about 4 hours of music a day.
So I listen to my playlist twice a week.

I do not pay attention as much as I should, it is in the background of my mind but half the time I am awake to the sound of the music. It is still hard to understand the words. The words I hear them but I do not really understand the symbolic songs where together the word means something. Like poetry, I can hear perfectly but kind of cryptic. I can get more in touch with explicit songs with energy. example current song I hear right now I get into (AMV - Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling) I do not feel much. I like songs that helm me feel something. Next cool song (California Girls Amv).

I do need to pay more attention because that would allow tension to relax from the music. I am so stressed from feeling like I need to do stuff but so when listing to music it cannot expand and absorb. Tention from being ready to do stuff is a problem, blocks music, makes it numb, like sleep deprivation. I type words all the time so I do not pay attention to music words. I do not focus on one thing at a time to my detriment. I have felt my core before and I drift away from it. It rides down the center of the head throat the spine. If feels like burn cream oil on the skin but in the thalamus and spreads everywhere. Perfect relief by being embodied completely in the body, from the spine and reptilian brain. That is where the music should go. Into the core. Soothing Warmth and Soothing coolness of mist.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:14 AM
-->
I have always had this constant urge to create. It makes me restless and pent-up if I don't have an outlet. There is no particular thing I wish to create, however, so I haven't found a satisfactory medium by which to channel whatever it is that is bubbling beneath the surface.

This means I keep searching by dabbling. I have painted, drawn, played music, experimented with writing and photography...at the moment I get the most satisfaction from building ideas. But I feel distracted and drained from everyday stuff, so there is little energy left for even that.

Don't know how much this is related to type though. I suppose it would make sense to look at sources of inspiration. Mine seem to come from nowhere in particular, but being calm and quiet is important. Pehaps introversion. I draw inspiration from some quiet place in my head. I like silence, and I dislike clutter, so I have very specific conditions that have to be fulfilled for me to actually get started on anything. At the same time, I can draw inspiration from the most random sources, like old factories, abandoned car parks or foul weather. Not exactly what most people consider pretty things, but I find them interesting nonetheless.

The other day I was captivated by a wall full of old, faded grafitti. I wanted to capture it, but I was on a train...the mental image is still there. I thought the colours resembled the landscape around it, which made it into a sort of complement to the surroundings. This made me visualise a dialogue between the two. Sounds arty-farty wanky, but it makes me think about stuff from a different perspective. Such as when a wall of grafitti is painted over by the clean-police. I find it strange, that we should stifle creativity that way....particularly when the medium is already drab and oppressive....the perfect canvas for rebellion.

Oppression only gets what it asks for.

My dream is to have an atelier where I can pursue all these ideas at my own leisure. A retreat of some sort. I just want to be left alone to work on all my projects.

Dream on...

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
@Polaris,

Have you tried photography?

Top Bottom