• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Passion

Void

oblivious
Local time
Today 6:48 AM
-->
What are you passionate about?

TBerg

fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
Local time
Yesterday 11:48 PM
-->
I like gays, people who support the West at least abstractly, and sometimes atheists. I also like learning about different cultures in all their squalor and majesty.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 9:48 PM
-->

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
Not much anymore. I'm passionate about learning about conspiracy theories, and aliens, and cryptozoology. Not that I believe in aliens, or conspiracies. I just find it interesting. But I tend to go in cycles about my interests. I'm currently in my paranormal cycle.

I love anime. I love watching it and investing into the characters.

I used to be passionate about religion, and theology, and apologetics. Not so much these days. I've kinda put that stuff on the back burner.

I also used to very political. But I kinda gave up on Americans waking up anytime soon. Yall a bunch of dummies.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:48 PM
-->
I'm passionate about learning how the world works; be it on a macro-or micro scale.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 5:48 AM
-->
^ Finding my place in said world; be it on a macro or micro scale. (Ni vs. Ne :p)

TBerg

Local time
-->
I also used to very political. But I kinda gave up on Americans waking up anytime soon. Yall a bunch of dummies.

I am off and on about politics myself. What were your own specific focuses and opinions?

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but I am genuinely interested, guessing from the other part of your post that you are going different direction from mine. I am a secular person, but I am studying the Bible these days.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
I am off and on about politics myself. What were your own specific focuses and opinions?

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but I am genuinely interested, guessing from the other part of your post that you are going different direction from mine. I am a secular person, but I am studying the Bible these days.

I'm very libertarian. I think the ideal of humanity is to achieve anarchy. But I'm also realistic and think libertarianism is the best compromise. The two leading parties are either way to unrealistic about the government's ability to help people, or way to invested in war and empire building. Also 911 was an inside job... :cthulhu:

The Void

Banned
Local time
-->
Just some minute ago, something happened, and I though a bit and I lost absolutely all my of my passions.
They are saying to me I will find something I like after I grow up, but the more I grow, the less interested I become, in things, that I used to find interesting. Art, science, PC games, spirituality, all seems dull now. Only the void is remaining.
All passions lost in a minute.

Upekkha

INTP - 5w4 sp
Local time
Today 12:48 AM
-->
Music, Eastern Philosophy, Consciousness, Existentialism, Learning anything and everything, Beer/Whisk(e)y, and the convergence of Truth/Meaning/Beauty.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Having a structured environment where I can learn about different ideas on my own. Education basically.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Recently, in the past few months, not about much. If anyone has any ideas about how to jump-start your curiosity and interest in things again, or what the cause for it leaving in the first place is, please, do tell. I hate stagnating. Probably the answer is simply to take action. Usually I like science, literature, art...and philosophy, which basically encompasses the other three. I want to understand the nature of reality to the greatest degree possible basically.

TBerg

Local time
-->
I'm very libertarian. I think the ideal of humanity is to achieve anarchy. But I'm also realistic and think libertarianism is the best compromise. The two leading parties are either way to unrealistic about the government's ability to help people, or way to invested in war and empire building. Also 911 was an inside job... :cthulhu:

Anarchism makes me think of a society wherein all people are bereft of an overarching principle they apply to their conduct to resolve conflicts. I used to think is a different manner, but I have come to understand that people have a need for a common language of negotiation, and I appreciate people who have a respect for something that preserves our collective survival while sublimating our instincts toward certain specialized occupations. That's my intuition these days, anyway.

In policy terms, I am liberaltarian, in that I combine a leftish sort of understanding of oppression while asserting the necessity of maintaining individual freedom as a countervailing force to make sure that the revolution does not give birth to an inverted oppression. I also call myself a neoconservative because I think that the most important part of ideological orientation is taking people, including the societies of which they are a part, for who they are. If you want to understand these societies, that means that you must study the traditions that give form to their collective experiences. After you understand their traditions, then you can approach the people and societies with a clear head that allows you to see the true potential for freedom and equality they embody. We must defend and extend the traditions of the West if we want to see the advancement of these two liberaltarian values.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
Brains and computers. Also girls.

If you feel the void, meet a special girl. I met one girl (ENTP or ENFP) and I told her I have very interesting life and a lot of plans. Well, I was lying, but now have motivation to do things, which I was too lazy to do.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 6:48 AM
-->
I met one girl (ENTP or ENFP) and I told her I have very interesting life and a lot of plans. Well, I was lying, but now have motivation to do things, which I was too lazy to do.

ahhahahahaha awesome

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 12:48 AM
-->
My Passion

Think of a good idea, unexplored. I can be passionate about that. Take it and address the passion. Then calm it down to a state of aesthetic beauty.

Ti - the idea
Ne - collect data on it and play with it
Si - fit it for beauty
Fe - embellish and verify with those interested

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
^^^ Same. ^^^​

Problem is it is hard to find interested parties.

Magus

Local time
-->
I've always enjoyed learning about a really diverse range of things, science a lot, culture, history, languages, trying to understand whatever is happening e.g. economic crash, climate change w/e. Typical pattern is to be engrossed for 1-2 months, learn enough to be an armchair expert, form strong opinions (which I may or may not be able to fully justify) before I move on. Kind of like a knowledge locust, at least thats how I like to see myself. There are a few things which I keep coming back to however, artificial languages (inc. code), history of ideas, evolution and biology, and more so ecological/resource issues and climate change.

In an attempt to diversity my interests a little bit, I've started long distance running (kind of counts as a hobby), music and ultra-light camping.

I can get into ruts where nothing is interesting but generally my problem is committing to my interests rather than finding them.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
-->
I also call myself a neoconservative because I think that the most important part of ideological orientation is taking people, including the societies of which they are a part, for who they are. If you want to understand these societies, that means that you must study the traditions that give form to their collective experiences. After you understand their traditions, then you can approach the people and societies with a clear head that allows you to see the true potential for freedom and equality they embody.

I would say this is more idealistic then libertarianism. By studying traditions from a society and applying policy, asserts that you can understand it enough to come up with sensible policies or a well planned system from the outside. This goes back to what every state in the past has tried to do and failed at. I agree with the idea of having people of of their respective region/society come up with their own solutions, but without external coercion. Libertarianism is very practical as if it was understood and "allowed", there would be hundreds of more countries and nations being formed with their own policies. Hopefully in the end this would lead to total privatization, but a private law society or anarchism is arguably just as idealistic in today's current stage.

My passion is the pursuit of truth and understanding. I think as INTPs have shadow inferior Fi, perhaps their passions are based on detaching themselves from the world and seeing how it all fits together to form a better idea of what they lack - which is internal value judgements. This works for other personalities when you look at their shadow inferior.

TBerg

Local time
-->
I would say this is more idealistic then libertarianism. By studying traditions from a society and applying policy, asserts that you can understand it enough to come up with sensible policies or a well planned system from the outside. This goes back to what every state in the past has tried to do and failed at. I agree with the idea of having people of of their respective region/society come up with their own solutions, but without external coercion. Libertarianism is very practical as if it was understood and "allowed", there would be hundreds of more countries and nations being formed with their own policies. Hopefully in the end this would lead to total privatization, but a private law society or anarchism is arguably just as idealistic in today's current stage.

In human society, everyone imposes their will upon everyone, even in mundane interaction. Your freedom directly relates to those around you respecting your freedom. Some people respect freedom, others don't. This means that if we actually want a society one of whose core values is freedom, then we must convince others to value it as well, and oppose and sometimes subdue and eviscerate those who plot brutally against freedom-lovers. If you understand this, then it becomes obvious that you cannot escape trying to impose your will upon others, no matter your intentions. If we look around the world, we can see this being played out in many areas. Pashtun tribal areas and rich sheikhs provide resources to those who would turn back the Enlightenment upon whose philosophical developments our values depend. There are Christian counterparts, sometimes more moderate, in Russia and the African continent. Allowing crazy regimes to establish and expand is not the same thing as allowing freedom to expand.

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
-->
In human society, everyone imposes their will upon everyone, even in mundane interaction. Your freedom directly relates to those around you respecting your freedom. Some people respect freedom, others don't. This means that if we actually want a society one of whose core values is freedom, then we must convince others to value it as well, and oppose and sometimes subdue and eviscerate those who plot brutally against freedom-lovers. If you understand this, then it becomes obvious that you cannot escape trying to impose your will upon others, no matter your intentions. If we look around the world, we can see this being played out in many areas. Pashtun tribal areas and rich sheikhs provide resources to those who would turn back the Enlightenment upon whose philosophical developments our values depend. There are Christian counterparts, sometimes more moderate, in Russia and the African continent. Allowing crazy regimes to establish and expand is not the same thing as allowing freedom to expand.

I agree. There is nothing wrong with governance and I would say it is "natural". The respect for property rights is essential for freedom and has led to human progress. We should value it as well as promote/defend it. The problem is having a state(disregarding it's contradictory nature) it's just monopolizing this feature, which is not as efficient and certainly not as moral as allowing it to be done in a private manner.

Top Bottom