• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Pathfinder Unchained

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
Today, 05:43
Well, look at that -- a product coming out this week that redoes Barbs, Rogues, Monks, and Summoners.

I got an e-mail from our local PFS chapter stating that at this point only PU Summoners are legal, if you didn't already have a 2+ level Summoner in play; and you can build a Core *or* PU Barb, Rogue, or Monk as long as you don't mix and match between Core/PU.

I'll probably look at rebuilding my Rogue for my one campaign, just to see if it would be beneficial -- one notable difference is you get Weapon Finesse for free now + Dex damage added to one light weapon of your choice at level 3, but you can also create more effects with your sneak attack. I'll have to review the rules once I get a copy.

Monks are now full BAB and the reshape tried to make them better all around, although I think their Will save got docked. instead of being assigned abilities when leveling, you'll get to pick when you level more like the Qinggong variant.

.. it's at least worth an effort, people have bitched about monks for awhile, and the rogues seemed to be becoming mostly irrelevant especially with the hybrid classes out some months back... there's little a rogue could do that another class could not. So any love-spreading would be nice.

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lheb?Society-Unchained

http://paizo.com/products/btpy97vo?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Pathfinder-Unchained-Hardcover

New versions of the barbarian, monk, rogue, and summoner classes, all revised to make them more balanced and easier to play.
New skill options for both those who want more skills to fill out their characters’ backgrounds and those seeking streamlined systems for speed and simplicity.
Changes to how combat works, from a revised action system to an exhaustive list of combat tricks that draw upon your character’s stamina.
Magic items that power up with you throughout your career—and ways to maintain variety while still letting players choose the “best” magic items.
Simplified monster creation rules for making new creatures on the fly.
Exotic material components ready to supercharge your spellcasting.
New takes on alignment, multiclassing, iterative attacks, wounds, diseases and poisons, and item creation.
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Does MUCH MUCH MORE = hawt lovin' on Sat nite? ... alas, probably not.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today, 19:13
Hmmm interesting.

Full BAB on monks? Rogues get weapon finesse free? yes plz!

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
Today, 05:43
I'm looking for online descriptions but can't find any nor the playtest (if there was one). Alas. I might just have to suck it up and get it, in order to see it.

Pathfinder materials are expensive. I did have a nice coincidence this week, though: I wanted to get a Psionics book (Dreamscarred), but the local store didn't carry any and would have to special order... and they are really expensive because they're third-party and lower quantities / less capital with the publisher.

So I happened to be in a different city over the weekend, stopped by a local comic book store only because I unexpectedly had an extra half hour to blow, and it turns out they were having a comic book sale. So I went into the backroom, and there were a bunch of pathfinder products laid out there as well. And only a few random (uncommon) hardcovers... and one was the Ultimate Psionics hardback, new condition, and only $45 instead of $80.

Yeah, I bought it. I think $45 is still outrageous for a gaming book, but $80 is insane.

Top Bottom