• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

personality results...help?

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
Today 7:25 AM
-->
i just have a really difficult time actually believing in any of it...but here are the results of a free test i did awhile back...

Temperament: NT

I 95%
N 84%
T 58%
P 84%

Multiple Intelligences

Intrapersonal 70%
Visual/Spatial 60%
Naturalist 55%
Bodily/Kinesthetic 50%
Musical 50%
Logical/Mathematical 50%
Verbal/Linguistic 50%
Interpersonal 25%

what do i make of this all?

specifically with the percentages...is it better to have such skewed tendencies? or better to be more in the middle of things?...

the 'multiple intelligences'...how are the percentages measured? for example, it says im 70% Intrapersonal...the 30% rest is?...

helps.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:25 AM
-->
It's probably ideal to ride the border of ambiversion and have some unique skills.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
-->
A bit of background on the theory of multiple intelligences could be enlightening perhaps...
There is little evidence (although some) that it is a valid theory, it is rather difficult to falsify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences

no, ive actually had a lot of doubts regarding the applicability as well as the sort of rampant "choose your own destiny" sort of feel a lot of these cheesey online personality tests have...

and of course on top of that you have an abundance of general psychological 'science' that sort of keeps me weary...

i mean hell it would be sort of a kickass curse to be a legit INTP (low amounts, seemingly misunderstood by the majority, but really 'on' to things)...but on the other hand i fear that i am simply not even close to worthy, of what the listed abilities and intellectual qualities are.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Well, that is a good attitude for a neophyte to have;)

However, the INTP type really refers to our preferred methods of solving problems, rather than a genetic superiority in intellect or whatever.

As far as Psych., a lot of us see as a fun hobby, more of a philosophy that can be debated, than some infallible science set upon a pedestal that only those with advanced degrees dare question.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:25 PM
-->
Learn about functions and type yourself using those.

Personality tests are too skewed to really be of any help, and too easily impacted by your mood or preferences (how you want to be as opposed to how you are).

Understanding how to identify the functions makes typing yourself more accurate and more importantly - falsifiable.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 12:25 AM
-->
Learn about functions and type yourself using those.

Personality tests are too skewed to really be of any help, and too easily impacted by your mood or preferences (how you want to be as opposed to how you are).

Understanding how to identify the functions makes typing yourself more accurate and more importantly - falsifiable.

+10

ElvenVeil

Local time
Today 8:25 AM
-->
I wouldn't read anything into the 7 intellegences.. It mostly just seem like a system made to please everyone so that they finally understand that they are not stupid, they just have a wonderful special intelligence.

But try and move away from revering the INTP personality, because that might be what makes you doubt (mayhaps?). To put it bluntly, you might not be smart or gifted but you can still perfectly well be an INTP.

joal0503

Psychedelic INTP
Local time
-->
schweeeet, thanks for the help yos!

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 2:25 PM
-->
Where's this free test found?

Should let us try it out too, you never know, methodology may be flawed, etc. etc.

Top Bottom