• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Phones

What kind of a cellphone OS do you use?

• iPhone!

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Android.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Blackberry...

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The Primitive - "No Name"

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • The Cavemen - I don't have a cellphone.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

LPolaright

Mentalist
Local time
Today 7:48 AM
-->
What kind of phone "OS" do you use?

Couldn't find a good forum to post this under, it's not strict to INTP's but I'd be happy if anyone could explain why he uses it and how he perceives other people like this picture for instance - but a little bit more words (I think Words would have agreed with me if he were to look at this post :D):

ev17d3-642x908.jpg

gruesomebrat

Biking in pursuit of self...
Local time
Today 12:48 AM
-->
Don't have a cellphone at the moment, but the last one I had was a Blackberry.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 6:48 AM
-->
My phone is definitely not primitive, but no OS, strictly speaking.

Anything more seems like a waste(smart phones are atrociously expensive and I already have what I need), and I don't wanna buy security software for something with an OS which would be vulnerable to malware.

Sometimes, I think "phone" is actually a misnomer, because I use it for taking photos, music and internet, but I barely ever talk.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 9:48 PM
-->
I had a Blackberry, turned it right back in. My old English teach had one, the descriptions are 100% true.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I have an iphone. They kick the shit out of blackberries in every arena, sorry blackberry users. People say blackberries are more effective for "business". I respond by saying "how?". Iphones can do everything a blackberry can do, and more. This is not to say I think blackberries aren't any good, I originally wanted one, and I do think they look somewhat more professional than an Iphone does (perhaps the stereotype that they are better for business comes from this. I can't speak for androids though, since I have never seen one in action.

PS, no, I am not a fanboy, I just have argued this with my blackberry using friends and it frustrates me at how blind they are.

Methuselah

tl;dr
Local time
Yesterday 11:48 PM
-->
I use the fuck out of my iPhone. I enjoy that it's fairly minimalist and that it doesn't piss me off every ten minutes.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
What is an android like/why is it cool?

Wish

Wellington
Local time
-->
I suppose it is like an iPhone that does not work as well... and it's cool because you can tell people you have an android.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
Technically, I have a phone that is physically in my possession. It's a pre-paid kind, but I haven't put minutes on it in over a year and I'm 99.9% sure the number has been canceled. So, to say I have a phone would be like saying I still have a dog a year after it died. Therefore, I voted that I have no cell phone.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
Today 5:48 AM
-->
i literally have the cheapest phone you can buy here. it's some shitty prepaid nokia thing. most people (americans anyway) do that when they live here, because paying for like a real service/nice phone is so expensive and it's such a pain in the ass. as long as i have the ability to call people/receive calls, i don't give a fuck about anything else.

gruesomebrat

Biking in pursuit of self...
Local time
-->
I liked the Blackberry, while I had it. It was a slightly older model, and I had it just as the iPhone was starting to hit the shelves (so no other options for smartphones were available), but I wouldn't have traded it for the world. I bike a lot (since the bicycle is my primary source of transportation), and I can't count the number of times that my Blackberry survived a fall at 25-30 km/h. The thing was built like a tank! You show me any phone now that can take a 30km/h spill from 4 or 5 feet high, even just once, and I'll instantly change my loyalty.

The only reason I don't still have that BB is because one cold day in February (-25C), the phone took it's last fall. Apparently, the screen is fragile when cold. Landed facedown and the screen cracked down the center, and as much as I loved the phone, I wasn't paying more for repairs than I had for the original thing...

EDIT: As far as how I live with myself, I realized that having a cellphone just makes you way too easy to get ahold of. Used to be that a person could leave the house, and anyone trying to get ahold of him would be SOL... now, it's next to impossible to get away from people. I still need my alone time, and I just choose to refrain from having a phone to get that time.

CoryJames

Banned
Local time
-->
I didn't have a phone for a week. The first day sucked. The next six days were the six most productive days I have had since I got a cell phone. And you realize that you don't need one and achieve more socially without one.

But then I got my replacement phone, and even though I knew I didn't need it, didn't really even want it, it was like that next cigarette. (or crack rock, if you are a crackhead).

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
I threw my phone into the ocean
and it remains to this day the
best decision that I have ever made.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 9:48 PM
-->
What about the decision to leave it in the ocean?

Bird

Banned
Local time
-->
It's so nice, never having someone constantly
texting you or calling you or leaving you voicemails
asking why you are ignoring them. Etc... Etc...

Anchorite

I trusted you Steve Guttenberg!
Local time
-->
I have a $10 Nokia. It does calls, texts, and takes horrible, grainy pictures. It's good enough for now but I would sure love to have the internet with me at school most of the time. I honestly don't even use it very much.

Methuselah

tl;dr
Local time
-->
I don't use my phone for talking that much. Its most useful for texting and access to the internet.

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
I have a phone. Usually it's lost. But I found it yesterday!
We shall see how long it sticks around this time.

Admirable Complexities

is a paradox for the non-INTP.
Local time
-->
I have a Samsung Captivate (which I'm using right now) that runs Android Eclair. I prefer it to any iPhone (although I do like the video calling feature the new iPhone's offer) because it gives me flexibilities no other smartphone OS can compete with. And even with the freedom, I've never had security issues (common sense takes care of any operating system). Also, as with all of the Galaxy S series phones, it comes with a 1ghz Hummingbird processor and a beautiful Super AMOLED screen. I've owned a Windows Mobile phone, BlackBerry, and I used an iPhone for roughly a week and, IMO, none of them can compare to the Captivate.

The only concept I really enjoyed about the iPhone was that firmware update dates were accurate where Samsung can promise an update and bump it without notice. However, with the flexibilities this phone offers, I can bypass that issue by rooting it and manually updating the firmware, which I don't consider an issue.

No, I don't consider myself Einstein now that I have an Android phone (I was a fucking genius before I got it :p). No, I didn't feel like a corporate tycoon with the Blackberry or WM phone. No, I didn't feel flashy in the brief period I had the iPhone. It's more of a selection by functionality preferences than by social status.

FearDunn

as Gaeilge
Local time
-->
Using an HTC running Android 2.2 and previously the Palm Pre.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
(I think Words would have agreed with me if he were to look at this post :D)

tl;dr

This reminds me of the days I yearned for lengthy articulation. Not anymore, though. Now, I hate Words.

I use an iPhone btw. because I am an unimaginative female. (Not to imply that not all females are imaginative.) I use it mainly to organize myself. calendars/list random ideas/alarm.

How is your war?

Top Bottom